Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Instructions for modifying your aneros
  • FleshJoe
    Some of us feel the abutment tab is not hitting the sweet spot properly. Others would like the abutment tab to hit closer or further away for whatever reason. Whatever your reason is, here's some safe instructions for how to modify the distance between the abutment tab and the central shaft of your aneros.

* Buy or borrow a heat gun designed for paint removal. A cheapo $19.95 one will do the job just fine. Find a clear flat surface waist-height, with no flammable materials within one yard of where you stand. You also need an electrical outlet for the heat gun, and a plier (see below).

* Clamp the abutment tab with the pliers in your left hand, and hold the heat gun in your right hand. The abutment tab should be closest to your hand, then the central shaft, and then the curly tab. The business end of the heat gun should be pointed away from you at all times!

* Hold the Aneros so that the curly tab rests lightly on a flat surface, turn on the heat gun and direct its nozzle at the thin narrow part where the abutment tab connects with the main shaft. Rotate the Aneros round and round to spread the heat evenly. Keep about 1/2 inch distance between the heat gun nozzle and the Aneros.

* When you see the white material of the Aneros turn glossy, or when you sense that the main shaft is bending away from the abutment tab under its own weight, you've heated things up enough. Quickly turn off the heat gun and put it away, making sure the nozzle does not touch anything flammable! Then grab the main shaft in your right hand while holding the abutment tab in your left hand in the plier.

* GENTLY bend the abutment tab towards the central shaft, do not use force! If you need to use force to achieve bending then you havent made the Aneros hot enough. OK, so when it bends so that the distance of the tab from the main shaft is what you want, hold it there for 1-2 minutes and let things cool and set in the new position.

* Store the heat gun and pliers away, you're all done.

With a modified MGX classic, I was able to enjoy a very very intense session last night. I still havent reached the super O but this sure brought things closer within reach! :)

Enjoy!!!!
  • Pan
    Well, I'm hesitant to say this, but I did manage to modify my MGX abutment tab with just a lit candle, a steady hand, and a popsicle stick for measurement.

It worked perfectly for me, but it's such a delicate operation that I'm not going to recommend it to others. I just thought I should mention that it's possible to adjust the tab with regular household items.
  • calibre
    Hi Joe
    Just one point, when you modify the MGX, SGX or Max be careful not to over adjust too close to the main body as this will stop the stim from working correctly, I have adjusted mine many times and ended up very close to the original position. Adjustments should always be made a little at a time, I used the packaging as template so that I was always in control of how far off the original position I had moved the tab.
    Just as a side note this Friday produced my first Super O Fabulous, I have written some info in the thread "My First Super Orgasm" above.

• Originally Posted By: FleshJoe

* When you see the white material of the Aneros turn glossy, or when you sense that the main shaft is bending away from the abutment tab under its own weight, you've heated things up enough. Quickly turn off the heat gun and put it away, making sure the nozzle does not touch anything flammable! Then grab the main shaft in your right hand while holding the abutment tab in your left hand in the plier.

* GENTLY bend the abutment tab towards the central shaft, do not use force! If you need to use force to achieve bending then you havent made the Aneros hot enough. OK, so when it bends so that the distance of the tab from the main shaft is what you want, hold it there for 1-2 minutes and let things cool and set in the new position.

Enjoy!!!!

Hi FleshJoe,

I used basically the same approach with the heat gun to modify my MGX. One thing I found simpler to do was to go outside and continuely press the tab against the driveway as I applied the heat ..... I was careful to be aware of the "give" that was taking place, so as to not snap it off.

You might have read my post (Topic here and also posted in My First Super O) where I said the Helix showed me exactly where my G spot was ... and that was the deciding factor about modifying the MGX.

If you haven't read about my "layback and do nothing" technique, you might want to ............. it goes into LOTS of detail about where I found the G spot and how important I found that the tab become imbedded DEEPLY on it. I have found that falling asleep with it in will result in me waking up around 1.5 hours later in the midst of a Super O .......... either at the start of one ... or during one of the waves.

I have yet to have a Super O without falling asleep.

Good Luck,

Matt

• Mikey

Thought I'd share this for those of you who are a bit afraid of possibly ruining the stimulator, but still want the tab closer to your sweet spot... I recently experimented with the idea of 'building up' the tab to bring the contact point closer to my perineum area. Several attempts with duct tape (ouch!) and similar materials didn't not work at all... but a hot glue gun did the trick. A big blob of hot glue (smoothed out so there are no rough edges) all over the surface of the abutment tab worked PERFECTLY... and, best of all, it's removable.
  • Edit
    I tried the hot glue modification today and it works very well - much thanks for this hint.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: Mikey

Thought I'd share this for those of you who are a bit afraid of possibly ruining the stimulator, but still want the tab closer to your sweet spot... I recently experimented with the idea of 'building up' the tab to bring the contact point closer to my perineum area. Several attempts with duct tape (ouch!) and similar materials didn't not work at all... but a hot glue gun did the trick. A big blob of hot glue (smoothed out so there are no rough edges) all over the surface of the abutment tab worked PERFECTLY... and, best of all, it's removable.

i have tried it as well: great!

you can heat it with a candle. simple. put a drop on it and form it a bit through extra melting above the candle
  • arcane
    I am uncomfortable making adjustments which cannot easily be undone. So I followed the advice of a heat gun and that works VERY efficiently.

I had found my tab to be about 1/4" too far back. Taking the advice on finding the sweet spot, I discovered that with my index finger nail touching the tab, the tip of that finger was on the spot. So not a large adjustment. However using a heat gun you can also increase the angle of penetration by moving the tab up as well as forward or backward.

Has anyone experimented with adjusting the actual body of the stimulator, perhaps to curve it more forward?

I purchased my heat gun at Odd Lots (Big Lots - For those who dont know it is sort of a 'close out' store. Discontinued models, lower end manufacturers looking for a niche etc etc. The gun cost me all of $12.

For those with a Harbor Freight store nearby I saw online they have them as low as $9.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=35776

Thanks for the advice!

arcane
  • johnc
    I a helix that i really enjoy.I found my sweet spot really close to my scrotum and have bent the tab pretty far as it will go. i paid attention to the location in relation to the it's original vertical location. had a good time this morning with the new location. A heat gun works really well just take your time. I saw the hot glue option looks like a good way to find the right fit, then adjust to your new location
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: johnc
    I a helix that i really enjoy.I found my sweet spot really close to my scrotum and have bent the tab pretty far as it will go. i paid attention to the location in relation to the it's original vertical location. had a good time this morning with the new location. A heat gun works really well just take your time. I saw the hot glue option looks like a good way to find the right fit, then adjust to your new location

sure the hot glue is perfect! It is wonderful for people (like me) who think the original tab is to sharp (hurts), or when the tab is not long enough!
    i do it already 1,5 year on MGX and Helix, and have adjusted the glue drops several times. Better than bending the Aneros itself!

here is how it works best:
    - heat the glue stick above a candle. forget the noisy heat guns, not necessary to my opinion.
    - when it gets soft, take some of the glue of with the abutment tab (approx. 1 cm small ball? Choose yourself. You can enlarge the ball later!
    - COOL it down a bit for 15 seconds in cold water. Th glue has formed a non sticky film now, but the core is still soft! You can touch it with your fingers.
    - it gives you the possibility to form it in any shape you like. Cool it down and it becomes hard.
    - You can redo it whenever you want by simply reheating the tab ball!

absolutely the best solution sofar.

I appreciate reactions on my solution!
  • darwindarwin
    i used the heat gun method tonight on my eupho.

i could not have been easier.

the hardest part was laying down the $28 for a bottom of the line new heat gun from amazon.

goal: to move the P-tab about an 1/8 of an inch closer to my anus.

what i did:
    - on a stiff piece of paper carefully outlined the euhpo. angle the pen in to get an accurate outline. (thanks to B for suggesting keeping track of the original shape)

- went to basement. sat on floor (cement floor).

- wrapped the head of the eupho in one layer of cloth napkin (to prevent scarring), and held that end with a pliers.

- turned heat gun on high (1000 degrees farenheit).

- pointed it at the 90 degree bend that i wanted to change, keeping the gun pointed away from me and at about an inch from the plastic.

- when the plastic started to glisten (a couple of minutes) i gently but steadily pushed the tab against the floor to bend it in the direction i wanted.

- i wasn't sure it worked so i layed it down over the outline.

- presto! just right.

how did it perform?

see my post in My Best Super-O, that's how.

darwin