Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

support: problems w/ new forum
  • DeepDeep
    [QUOTE=artisan;85797]Hi Deep, in regard to your probs loading an avatar, make sure it isn't too big. I cannot remember seeing a reminder when I reloaded mine after the changes, but originally the max size was I think about 80x80 pixels and 49kb, or there abouts.

I can't even get to the upload stage, I have no option in my control panel to upload an avatar. I'm curious who else might have this problem too.
  • inc63
    Deep

I also do not appear to have an option to set an avatar. FAQ says the option is at the decision of the Administrator. Suggest you email [email]support@aneros.com[/email].
  • rumelrumel
    Deep,

When the new Forum debuted, there was an “Edit Avatar” option just under “Edit Profile Picture” in the “My Settings” portion of “My Profile”. I took advantage of that option at the time and uploaded my avatar, as I guess some other members did as well. Subsequently that option has been withdrawn but I don't know the reason why, perhaps it has to do with some bug conflicts. I believe support is aware of the desire of members to upload their personal avatars and is probably working on a solution now.

While avatars are a fun little visual titillation, they are not essential to the functioning of the site so their priority as a bug fix is not as high as other issues. Remember prior to 2 yrs. ago, avatars weren't even an available option. So if we can all take some 'Deep' breaths and relax ourselves, the bug issues will eventually get painlessly resolved.
  • DeepDeep
    It doesn't really bother me. I just wish there was a list of known bugs somewhere, like in a sticky or an announcement at the top of the page. Some communication from the Admins would be good, seeing as we're beta testing the forum. It would save time if we knew what was broken and what not to worry about and what to focus on. Maybe they could ask us to test certain features?
  • rookrook
    Two issues:
    1. Feedback tab has twice reported that message wasn't sent. Once several days ago and again today @ 1843 EST.
    2. Community poll 'voter tags or pointers' appear in error. Sometime last week it indicated I'd voted on an older poll when I hadn't. Today the poll results screen shows that I'd voted on the Super-O poll. Since I've not super-Oed I've not voted on that one either.

tks (youse guys & gals[?] do gud work !) rook
  • inc63
    I have also had "Feedback" report that the message was not sent. This is particularly worrying as in the Aneros chat session last Sunday the Aneros spokesperson specifically said that using Feedback was better than email, as it went directly to the team working on the software. As the team don't provide any feedback of either what problems they are aware of or that they consider they have fixed, I am unable to tell if the message about not being sent is correct or not.

In the mean time I suggest using email to [EMAIL="support@aneros.com"]support@aneros.com[/EMAIL] as (before the implementation of "FeedbacK" facility) I have recieved acknowledgement from an emailed "bug" report.

I agree with Rook's point 2 also. It says I have already voted when I too have not had a super-O and am certain I have not voted.
  • stone
    Maybe I'm a bit mentally challenged today but for the life of me I can't figure out how to post a new thread. The posting permission box says that I may post new threads. What gives? I found a supplement that I like and wanted to share but can't figure out the new interface.

Thanks,

Stone
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=stone;85986]Maybe I'm a bit mentally challenged today but for the life of me I can't figure out how to post a new thread. The posting permission box says that I may post new threads. What gives? I found a supplement that I like and wanted to share but can't figure out the new interface.

Thanks, Stone

====. piece of cake --- Make sure you're logged in. then, scroll to the top of the page
    ==== on the forum navigation bar, click on "General discussion"
    ====, look just above the black bar and to the left. Click on the dark red icon labeled for new threads
  • PromassPromass
    I could not think of another place to post this. I have an issue with the forum setup I have a 24" wide screen monitor that is 21.5" wide viewable yet the forum only uses less than 10.5" of it wide. So I have 11+ inches of screen unused and this makes me have to scroll down way too much on each thread and I hate it. What can I do to fix this is this forum made for people with 640x480 resolution? I use 1920x1080 resolution.