Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Anxiety and depression
  • I've started seeing a therapist recently, to work through some difficult stuff. It was hard at first, but now I feel that it's helping a lot. My body seems to have let go of a lot of tension, and it has really improved my aneros sessions

I think that the most successful sessions are had when one is in a good mental place, and generally happy. Doing a "cheer me up" session has rarely worked well. Does anybody else have any thoughts and experiences on the subject?
  • I wondered this to myself the other night actually. I've had several 'bouts with depression and anxiety. I'm taking some medication for it right now and its helping. I've wondered how much a great Aneros session can contribute to an overall feeling of well-being. I doubt that good session contribute to good mental health, but I'm willing to believe that it does work the other way around; if you're in a good mental state and free of tension you will have better sessions. 

As far as treating depression and anxiety, good diet goes a long way. As well as good supplementation with some good vitamins and other stuff you might not get from diet alone. Its tough stuff to deal with, but your'e not alone. 

Best Wishes!
  • Love_isLove_is
    @Pandabear

I suspect you may be right about this.
  • I wondered this to myself the other night actually. I've had several 'bouts with depression and anxiety. I'm taking some medication for it right now and its helping. I've wondered how much a great Aneros session can contribute to an overall feeling of well-being. I doubt that good session contribute to good mental health, but I'm willing to believe that it does work the other way around; if you're in a good mental state and free of tension you will have better sessions. 

As far as treating depression and anxiety, good diet goes a long way. As well as good supplementation with some good vitamins and other stuff you might not get from diet alone. Its tough stuff to deal with, but your'e not alone. 

Best Wishes!

Yes, I am also on medication. I take effexor 300 mg. What are you on? Do you think the antidepressants somehow affect the quality of sessions? I think they improve my sexuality, as they allow me to relax a lot more, and give me a lot more inner peace
  • Pandabear said:

Yes, I am also on medication. I take effexor 300 mg. What are you on? Do you think the antidepressants somehow affect the quality of sessions? I think they improve my sexuality, as they allow me to relax a lot more, and give me a lot more inner peace

I'm also taking 300mg of Effexor. It seems to be a popular antidepressant among lots of folks i've talked to. I also take a small dose (100mg) of Seroquel in the evenings. It helps me sleep. 

I can't say for certain whether or not they affect the quality of my sessions. I do think they alter something when it comes to maintaining erections and arousal for traditional penile orgasms. But for prostate stim, no idea. Perhaps. My goal is to eventually get off all drugs completely - eliminate anything that could potentially be hindering me from attaining an optimal pleasure level. 

However my quality of life is terrific since i've been on the drugs. I haven't had a bad episode of anxiety or depression in a year now. 
  • I'm on antidepressants (wellbutrin and celexa) for years for depression and finally found a combination that allows me to deal with the sources of the depression in psychotherapy. I'm making excellent progress understanding and. tackling these. For me the value of these drugs is not in curing or maintaining my mood but in making me able to solve my problems. I hope to eventually reduce or eliminate the antidepressants when I've resolved them.

But I wonder if these SSRI drugs aren't limiting my experience with prostate massage. I've had steady progress with dry orgasms and interesting related experiences with meditation and energy work but no transcendent orgasmic states like super orgasms yet after more than a year. I know certain SSRIs can inhibit emotional states so I wonder if they can inhibit pleasure states.

Their good effect for me is in reducing stress and allowing me to relax during a session. I've discovered other ways to relax through meditation since I started. Feeling contented, safe, happy, comfortable, able to follow wherever my body leads my mind, flexible, light hearted, excited, these are some of the things that help me have good sessions.

• curious if either of you are on an exercise routine. do you run or cycle? My outlook on life really changed when I got into the gym and starting running and cycling with a group of happier people...
  • I bicycle most days weather permitting and exercise regularly at a gym. That has made a huge difference . Thanks for reminding me mostintetesting. I do a weekly tai chi class which is very relaxing. I feel better when I do these things. Also a chinese standing meditation, riding aneros meditation. It all helps but for me the most important thing is resolving a problem that is causing the depression at this time in my life. Everything else is basically fine and I would be a happy guy. That's my theory.
  • I used to follow a pretty decent exercise regime, but haven't for quite some time now. I'm hoping to start up again here once my new job starts in September and I get on a bit more of a routine. Being out of work really makes things difficult to stay disciplined and follow a routine. I haven't had any issues with my depression or anxiety though but I'm very aware that better diet and exercise makes things all the more better. 
  • Alex_xxxAlex_xxx
    I'll give you all a quote. I think it was Pascal that wrote it, correct me if I'm wrong.

"All mans' misery derive from not being able not sit in a room alone". You might add "quietly" into that saying if you want.
  • For me, kind of strange, I can do an Aneros session during a bout of depression but my prostate /area seems to have its own agenda, Its just happy to get a hold of it once again and get into it.  So whether I'm feeling depressed or on a high does not seem to effect the awesome feelings.
    Maybe someone can explain this?

One thing that hit me like a train though, at the end of a wonderful Aneros session one night, was the realization that I was so lucky that my body that was so cooperative (& highly strung) in my journey, like partners on an adventure, mind body & spirit, separate but one. 
    All this suddenly made me cement the conviction that I could never really fatally harm myself.

Now days, the days where I want to go on outnumber the days planning to ending it all.
    P.S.  Not on anything, have never seek'd any help, afraid of being institutionalized.  
  • Love_isLove_is
    @Cyberdaze  - 
    Cyberdaze said:

All this suddenly made me cement the conviction that I could never really fatally harm myself.

Now days, the days where I want to go on outnumber the days planning to ending it all.
    P.S.  Not on anything, have never seek'd any help, afraid of being institutionalized.  

This is great! Keep at it. I've also found that Aneros sessions can sometimes pull me out of despair. There is something about the acceptance that you can allow yourself to relax and have such beautiful pleasure that changes your attitude about life.
  • curious if either of you are on an exercise routine. do you run or cycle? My outlook on life really changed when I got into the gym and starting running and cycling with a group of happier people...

Yes, it's good that you mentioned this, as it is incredibly important. I think one should try to make lifestyle changes before trying medication. I like to go running a few times a week, and I also do yoga. Yoga is great for just about everything, since it strengthens the mind/body connection and is a lot about releasing tension

• Thanks Pandabear, and that's it, its one more of the beautiful things in life that gives us a reason to live.

------[ Put away the sadness, bring on the madness! ]--------  
    :(|)
  • Cyberdaze said:

Thanks Pandabear, and that's it, its one more of the beautiful things in life that gives us a reason tjo live.

------[ Put away the sadness, bring on the madness! ]--------  
    :(|)

I wonder if riding and orgasming releases chemicals and hormones. Certainly endorphines, maybe seratonin.

Cyberdaze, they say to talk to a professional if you have thoughts of suicide, if only to find out how serious the danger is. I've confided to my psychologist about this.