Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Why is this progasm $183?
  • MMO_RPGlolMMO_RPGlol
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BPO742M/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1364414208&sr=8-13

There are ones going for $49, $59, and even $69. But $183?? Where does that even come from?

Also, what are the differences between the progasm White, Purple, Black, Ice, and all those other things?

Is it just cosmetics? 

• newbie2009newbie2009
    But $183??

It's for sale on Amazon.   Anyone can ask any price they wish.   Caveat emptor !

Aneros white toys are made from Acetal plastic, the material used for the first Progasm.   Purple, Blue, Red and Black appear from time to time and have a surface finish different from the standard Acetal.  The ICE and Black ICE have a very slick finish and according to their owners a "unique feel." 

So, the three families of Progasm toys are as much about appearance as they are about sensation.

hth.
  • rumelrumel

Also, what are the differences between the progasm White, Purple, Black, Ice, and all those other things?

Is it just cosmetics?

The only difference between the colored Progasm-Classic models is the color, it is a cosmetic difference, not a functional difference. The Progasm 'ICE' models differ in the surface finish and the type of plastic used in their manufacture. While both Progasm lines are dimensionally identical, some users are able to detect a subtle difference in functional performance due to the difference in surface finish (matte versus polished).

There is an old proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted", unfortunately for us all a few greedy capitalist entrepreneurs have seemingly adopted this as a basic tenet of their marketing philosophy. It just goes to show the equally old saying "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware) is still applicable as well.
    In a similar vein, you can also buy a copy of my "HypnAerosession" recording from Amazon.com for up to $87.73 (+S&H). This is also substantially more than the price it is offered for sale here on the Aneros website. Where Amazon gets their copies from I don't know, they aren't getting them from me and I don't receive one cent from those sales. I'd be happy to sell it to anyone for $29.95 and I'd pay the shipping and handling! I suspect they are being marketed by pirate producers.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image