Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Metallic taste in mouth?
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    I have noticed on several occasions that as I am building to a power super orgasm I get a metallic taste in my mouth. Anyone else experience this?
  • imperiumimperium
    I get a metallic taste in my mouth after a long run or other dehydrating vigorous exercise.
    But i feel the taste i get is just a product of breathing heavily through my mouth.

In sessions i wind up getting a dry mouth a lot, so i have switched over to breathing through my nose only.
  • rookrook
    I start sipping a sports drink in the shower and keep the open bottle on the night stand.

Good stuff. Before I did that, I'd get leg cramps.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Bish,

Some foods are known to cause this, as is gastritis, sinus conditions, poor dental hygiene (bleeding of the gums - breakdown of blood by bacteria) and quite a few medications. Has it always been this way for you and does this only occur at the moments leading up to a Super O?
    Does this linger?

BF Mayfield
  • rookrook
    I'm a nose breather during initial meditation but usually wind up mouth-breathing to vocalize and get a feeling of 'release' during dry-Os. For me, that results in dry mouth late in a session (but not with a metallic taste).

I'd not thought about it before but will try a small mouth rinse with Biotène (tm) during my next major session. My Dentist suggested Biotène as a nightly bedtime rinse to counter my dry-mouth tendency.

I sense the raw aroma of whatever anal lube I've used, I wonder if the metallic taste some guys get is some sort of body chemical reaction to absorbed lube??