Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Body aches after Aneros Sessions...
  • Anyone else have body aches, like in the hip joints, and in the lower back, and slight muscule sore-ness in the lower hips the a few hours after an aneros session.

A few hours or after a go to sleep after an session I *do* get these mild body aches, and sometime even feel physically exausted like I've just done 500 sit ups in 20 mins or something. I'm a bit overweight and I don excercise that much, so that might be a factor. I wonder if anyone else here experiences the same thing...
  • Sure it happens.

It's because you may be over doing things a bit.
  • jocco
    Anon,

I'm in pretty good shape, but even still- a session can get a bit taxing on the joints. I make exercise and stretching a regular part of my day to day life, and it impacts every aspect of it! I always start my session with a bit of yoga/stretching and meditation- it channels the energy in my body and creates a flow that will follow right into my session. If you've never tried yoga, I highly recommend it- any person at any skill level or with any body type can join right in a guided class with ease. Also, for strengthening joints I recommend taking Glucosamine supplements.
  • rookrook
    Hi A-U36,

[QUOTE=Anon-User36;99994]Anyone else have body aches, like in the hip joints, and in the lower back, and slight muscule sore-ness in the lower hips the a few hours after an aneros session.

A few hours or after a go to sleep after an session I *do* get these mild body aches, and sometime even feel physically exausted like I've just done 500 sit ups in 20 mins or something. I'm a bit overweight and I don excercise that much, so that might be a factor. I wonder if anyone else here experiences the same thing...Jocco's notes are spot-on, particularly the yoga and stretching before you start the session. Note that the Wiki recommends a warm-up including some stretching.

Make sure you are well hydrated. I usually break out a large bottle of sports drink, start slugging it when I'm in the shower and finish it off during the session. Particularly important during the summer months.
  • Badger
    [QUOTE=Anon-User36;99994]Anyone else have body aches, like in the hip joints, and in the lower back, and slight muscule sore-ness in the lower hips the a few hours after an aneros session.

A few hours or after a go to sleep after an session I *do* get these mild body aches, and sometime even feel physically exausted like I've just done 500 sit ups in 20 mins or something. I'm a bit overweight and I don excercise that much, so that might be a factor. I wonder if anyone else here experiences the same thing...

You've just been using muscles that you have not used before, or very much, for that matter. It's like body building: no pain, no gain. Now, if your prostate aches and is sore, you've been injuring it; take a break.