Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Trouble removing vibe from Vice
  • My most consistent concern with the Vice is being able to remove the vibrator from it. It gets stuck in there really good and ends up being quite difficult to remove. I haven't tried lubing it for fear of the lube drying out and making it absolutely impossible to remove, but it may be that lubing the vibe before putting it in the Vice it will solve the problem. Thoughts?
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, MindTravels.

I have the opposite problem: the vibe falls out unless I wrap the end with a piece of tape to get a snug fit.

You might want to try a little vegetable oil on the vibe. It won't dry out. The downside of that is an improved vacuum lock, which could make it even more difficult to remove. Consider carving a very small hole in the Vice to serve as an air inlet to break the vacuum of the vibe cavity. Or, roll some sandpaper around a pencil and make the cavity diameter a little bigger.

Cheers,

Dave
  • thhn
    mine was like that when I first got it... that was about 6-8 months ago
    now it will fall out on its own if I tip the vice upside down
    maybe in time yours will do the same, or at least loosen up some
  • rumelrumel
    MindTravels,

I would advise against applying any form of lube to the vibe and then inserting into the Vice body. While having the lube dry-out forming an adhesive is a possibility, I think it is more likely the lube would create an air tight seal making extraction nearly impossible. Trying to pull a sealed unit would require you to break the vacuum which would exist at the inner head of the Vice, the lube would make the seal even stronger than if the inner walls were dry. I suggest you try a twisting action while pulling the vibe and squeezing opposite sides of the Vice body, slightly distorting the Vice's receptacle hole. The squeezing will allow air to get inside and release any vacuum that is being created.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Prior to the introduction of the VICE I tested a pre-release version that had a much smaller opening. It was difficult to not only remove the vibrator but to insert it as well. I utilized a VERY small amount lube and never had any problems with it drying out inside or becoming stuck inside. That said, when I went to remove it I did indeed employ a twisting/pulling motion (torquing) which overcame any vacuum that existed. (I also cleaned the end of the vibrator before removal making sure I was able to grab hold). The larger issue here is friction, providing a small amount of lubrication will help you deal with it. I should add that when I received the item, the manufacturer recommended this as well. Again, I must emphasize though that all that is required is a VERY small amount of lube....just enough so the outside is slightly wet. Vegetable oil seemed to work best for me. Avoid immersing the vibrator in lube. Adding large amounts of lube can set up a situation that much like a hydraulic piston without a release valve.

BF Mayfield
  • rookrook
    I insert about 2/3 of the vibe capsule into the Vice and have a strip of adhesive tape around the 1/3 that is 'hanging' out of the Vice.

That meets my need for a 'more muted' vibe and provides a good grip to extract the vibe capsule.

Mods: I've slightly enlarged the diameter of the last 3/4 inch of the cavity in the Vice. That's eased vibe insertion and makes it easy to swap to the 7-function vibe from DocJohnson.

It's important to remember B.F. Mayfield's comment that the diameter of the cavities on the earlier Vice toys did vary so, YMMV !
  • just use your shirt... its what i do adds better grip its soft and yeah problem solved, ive never had probs with it falling out.ill keep that in mind though
  • thhn
    [QUOTE=rook;99655]I insert about 2/3 of the vibe capsule into the Vice and have a strip of adhesive tape around the 1/3 that is 'hanging' out of the Vice

that's a great idea rook.... not only would it make removal easier it deals with the too much intensity of the vibrator. good one!