Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Anyone here had hemorrhoid surgery?
  • RogerT
    I hope I don't disturb anyone with this posting. I started using the Aneros MGX and then tried the Progasm back in the fall of 2010. I must admit I love using them for enhancing traditional sex with my wife leading to the most intense orgasms that I've ever had.

Unfortunately I've been dealing with a case of bad hemorrhoids for over seven years too. I've had two banding's done for internal hemorrhoids with limited success. I now have a very large level four prolapsed internal hemorrhoid and external ones to boot. My colon rectal surgeon (who knows I use the Aneros) has told me I need to have a hemorrhoidectomy to get these taken care of. She's mentioned it over the years but now feels this is my only option. The pain and bleeding that I'm experiencing now is the worst I've ever had and I need to do something. I'm going to another colon rectal surgeon this week to get a second opinion and the possibility of doing a hemorrhoidopexy (stapled) instead.

Has anyone here had either of these surgeries? If so, what was the outcome? Was it worth the pain and suffering and have the hemorrhoids gone away? Do you still use the Aneros products (I've stopped for now)? Any personal experiences, thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=RogerT;99619]...snip ...
    Has anyone here had either of these surgeries?
    Two bandings, then laser. Neither a "cure" but each helped with the acute problem. The underlying susceptibility to 'roids wasn't solved.

Do you still use the Aneros products.

Yes. The smooth-stemmed models with circular stems (bases) seem helpful. For me, those are Helix, Maximus, Eupho and Peridise.
  • RogerT
    Rook - Thanks so much for the input.

Is there anyone else here who could please comment on this? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
  • I had the laser surgery in 2000. I sensed that they may be coming back prior to my Aneros use. Since I started to use the Aneros devices 3+ years ago, they have completely disappeared. For my physical last September the doctor found no evidence of the surgery.

However, soon after the surgery I had a physical with a doctor who took what seemed like forever doing his prostate exam (a very unpleasant experience priorto Aneros use). He said he felt something there. I told him that I had hemorrhoid surgery in 2000. He said, "Okay. That is probably scar tissue that I am feeling."

So, for the exam last year I thought I would mention the surgery prior to the doctor doing his probing. He told me that he couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary and that I had a very small, healthy prostate. (The exam didn't bother me at all this time around.)

I should mention that a female who assisted with the operation (how embarassing is that?) told me that she had already had the surgery three times and that I shouldn't be surprised if they come back. I really feel that they would have if I hadn't found the Aneros and used it.

One other thing I should mention: Your diet plays a very important part in whether or not you get hemorrhoids. If you have to strain while eliminating waste or if you spend more time than is necessary, you increase the likelihood of having hemorrhoids. Eating properly helps you go smoothly and regularly.

In that connection, I make it a habit to eat at least half a bannana every day.

My 'roids were so bad (mostly internal) that the doctor who performed the surgery asked me, "Why did you wait so long to have these taken care of?" After the healing was over I asked myself the same question. You will have some pain to deal with, but it is very worth it.

My two favorite devices are the Peridise and the SGX.
  • RogerT
    Thanks for the input HappyInSanDiego. Well I went for my second opinion with another great colon rectal surgeon this week who spent a lot of time with me and answered all of my questions. He confirmed the diagnosis and the prosribed surgery, a hemorrhoidectomy. I'm scheduled for mine on August 2nd. He told me as did my doctor the first week will be brutal but after 3 weeks I'll wonder why I didn't do it sooner. He felt that based on my age, physical health and muscle tone that I have less than a 5% chance of recurrence. I eat a good diet, drink lots of water and take Citricel and prune juice every day. I'm going to do everything in my power not to go through this again! I'm not sure how long I will wait after the surgery to go back to the Helix and then maybe the MGX and one day the Progasm. I'll let you know how I make out with the surgery and recovery here later. Thanks again. :-)