Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Minimum time for a practice session?
  • karyon
    Lurker here, delurking . . .

I've been "using" Aneros(es) for years now, with plenty of pleasure, but nothing like a Super-O. After a few months working with KSMO practice (with some slow progress), I'm ready to try again.

Here is my question: what is the minimum time one needs to get some benefit from the Aneros? WIth KSMO, it's recommended that in the beginning one should do 20-minute practice sessions every other day or so. This requirement makes it relatively easy to stick to a regular schedule. It's been my understanding that you need to set aside a longer period of time for an Aneros session, but I'm wondering if anyone here thinks shorter sessions are at all useful in the rewiring process.

I need something to do on days off from KSMO . . .

thanks
    Karyon
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Karyon,

And welcome to the Aneros forum. :)
    A fellow grinder eh? You're in good company. A bit over 3.5 years for me and still no super-O. But I do get very pleasurable sessions at times.

what is the minimum time one needs to get some benefit from the Aneros?My understanding is you should try for at least 45 minutes. But really these are just guidelines. Ultimately as you become more in tune with your body you will have a sense for what works for you. My session times vary widely depending on results and my state of mind. Sometimes 15 or 20 minutes in, I realize nothing is happening and end the session. Other times I put more focus and concentration on getting past these initially dud like sessions and get some pleasurable sensations. And then there are those times where two hours will just fly by as I have a very pleasurable session. It just depends on how I feel that day.

Love_is
  • rookrook
    Hi karyon, good to meet you! Welcome in from lurker status. We look forward to your posts.

I was composing this while Love_is posted and it's interesting that we both come up with a quick answer of 45 minutes.

================ here's what I wrote ==========

I think 20 minutes might get a young stud who's totally rewired into a Super-O; but, there wouldn't be much time left to 'soak up' the experience, cherish the reward, and reap the benefits.

First, I'm not nearly re-wired but am Super-O 'capable' with a carefully crafted pair of Aneros sessions. Out-of-the-gate, I don't build sufficient mental arousal in 20 minutes to have a mini-O that has involvement beyond the lower pelvic (anal-rectal-prostate) area. I need more like 30-35 minutes to fall into the first one and another 10-15 minutes to explore the physical and mental arousal.

Then, if I 'hurry' my second session, it can fall apart with lousy outcomes. One such outcome is an epileptic-like situation (large muscle tremor or head/eye/jaw/ear muscle clenches -- then dud). Another is transition into session killing Migraine aura (without headache) for 20 minutes. So, I have to proceed gradually and be gentle with myself.

I think what I call a "journey" session is -pretty close to your "practice" session. I try to differentiate these from other types of sessions where the objective is just gentle pleasure, bph therapy, or muscle building with raunchy fun. All gud-stuff but strictly non-orgasmic.

Quite by chance I found that splitting the "journey" session into two separate sessions yielded better odds of success. I usually start with a 40-45 minute session at 3:30 a.m. with a larger tool (Maximus or Helix) to de-stress and relax way down into a deep meditation and gently loosen up the rectum, prostate and "warm" my dan tien. Most of the time I can fall into two or three mini-Os with very low levels of physical stim. Being, "of age" I deplete most of my energy reserves with these mini-Os yet build a lot of mental arousal during this warm-up session. Most of the mental arousal occurs in the final 10 minutes.

Then I take a sort of denial-break, move about, sometimes shower again and perhaps snack. I've even done a quick grocery store run. During this break I stay away from the bed, cherish the butt-buzz and let the lust develop. Usually there are some faint visuals (minor hallucinations).

When I'm "really ripe" I start Session two, with a smaller tool. Usually that's Eupho -- I've tried to train my sensors to know that, "when it's Eupho, we mean business !!" If I'm "properly lusty" it takes less than 10 minutes from insertion to mini-O and that one usually covers a lot of real estate, coupling at least two chakras. With luck I can usually build the second mini-O to a visual/spiritual level. I'm now able to stay at that level for 10 minutes and can sometimes revisit the same visual/spirit content out of a second mini-O for an additional 5 minutes. Total second session with a few minutes for some meditation on the experience is another 45 minutes.

So, from wake-up at 3 a.m. until clean-up it now takes me close to 4 hours to run the whole course.

If I'm lucky enough to rewire and could kick-start right into a single session I think it would still add up to at least 75 minutes wake-up to finish. Without the energy storing capability of a younger guy, I doubt that I'd ever do much better than two hours.

You KSMO guys have it all over me since you come to the party with all the goodies you need. .....hth
  • rumelrumel
    karyon,

In response to your question "What is the minimum time one needs to get some benefit from the Aneros?"; as far as I know, there is NO official established time frame for duration or frequency of practice sessions. I encourage you to read some of the Community Polls responses to similar questions such as How long to ride the Aneros?, How much is too much? & Frequency of Use. From these Polls, you can see that the patterns of usage vary a great deal.

I may be wrong, but I believe Jack Johnston's KSMO protocol recommends at least one day between practice sessions and only one practice session on that day. It is my understanding this serves the purpose of allowing the mind and body to achieve some attunement. IMHO, KSMO is 99% a mental approach to achieving orgasmic states while Aneros use is more like 90% mental and 10% physical. Nonetheless the two practices are complimentary in that they both rely upon unforced, relaxed states of being to achieve success.

KSMO practice sessions are not dependent upon immediate effects/feedback to be considered beneficial, indeed, Jack reinforces the fact the Echo Effects may be more noticeable outside of a session than during a session. Aneros use is very dependent on the detection and attunement with physical sensations in real time to be successful. Unfortunately, do to the unique and variable circumstances of each individuals situation, there probably can be no set time frame when one might observe or record "...some benefit from the Aneros..." IMHO, setting any kind of arbitrary time limitation on an Anerosession is counterproductive as it only establishes an additional constraint/pressure/stress to achieve some expected outcome and, as most people have found, having "expectations" of results usually kills the session anyway.

So on your days off between KSMO practice sessions why not throw in an Anerosession, even if it is only for the purpose of doing some healthful prostate massage/exercising with no erotic arousal component attached. Just do the exercise for whatever length of time you are comfortable doing, you can always leave open the possibility that particular Anerosession may turn highly arousing and erotic.

P.S. Would you consider re-phrasing your initial sentence from "I've been "using" Aneros(es) for years now, with plenty of pleasure, but nothing like a Super-O." to "I've been "using" Aneros(es) for years now, with plenty of pleasure, something like a Super-O." I think you are smart enough to see the many ramifications of meaning this slight change of wording imparts.
  • karyon
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome, and the sage advice. I will definitely be using the Aneros for longer sessions (as I have done already).

So, from wake-up at 3 a.m. until clean-up it now takes me close to 4 hours to run the whole course.

Rook: Wow! 4 hours in the middle of the night? You are fortunate to have lots of time on your hands! With a full time job, a spouse, a home to care for, and a plethora of other hobbies, (not to mention a healthy need for a good night's rest) I'm not sure I could do many of those. And what grocery store is open at those hours anyway?

What I was really getting at was whether there might be some benefit to shorter sessions as well, for their own sake. With KSMO, all you need do is practice for 20m and then you are done with it for the day, and yet can feel like you have gotten somewhere, done your duty. Given that there is obviously a lot of overlap between the effects of KSMO and Aneros (it's no coincidence that many of the same folks hang out in both forums), it stands to reason that what works for one practice might extend to the other.

Even during a 20-30m Aneros session, a certain level of arousal can be achieved, and I'm curious to know whether there might be some extended benefit to stopping at that point (especially if that is all that time allows) and carrying the arousal with you into the day. Rather than feeling like doing so is a wasted opportunity, I prefer to think of it as leaving water in the well for next time. This seems to be to be precisely the mindset you must have for KSMO practice, and I'm just wondering if it carries over to Aneros practice too. Maybe 20m is insufficient in this case, but surely there must be some length of time that is enough to know that something has been accomplished. 45m, an hour?

IMHO, setting any kind of arbitrary time limitation on an Anerosession is counterproductive as it only establishes an additional constraint/pressure/stress to achieve some expected outcome and, as most people have found, having "expectations" of results usually kills the session anyway.

Rumel: While I agree that setting arbitrary limitations on an Anerosession could be counterproductive, having NO limitations could be equally so. It is far too easy to get into the mindset that the "big-O" is just around the corner, if you just keep at it a little longer. Once you get to that point, it becomes difficult to avoid having expectations. If during a session, arousal and pleasure are increasing, it stands to reason that if you keep going they will continue to increase, and eventually the O will arrive. Better (at least some of the time) to say I have gotten somewhere, and stop, with the notion that next time you will likely go even further.

P.S. Would you consider re-phrasing your initial sentence from "I've been "using" Aneros(es) for years now, with plenty of pleasure, but nothing like a Super-O." to "I've been "using" Aneros(es) for years now, with plenty of pleasure, something like a Super-O." I think you are smart enough to see the many ramifications of meaning this slight change of wording imparts.

Respectfully, I'm happy with my original phrasing, and am not sure what your objection to it is. I have had plenty of pleasurable moments during my Aneros sessions, but I have not experienced a Super-O, not as I understand it, and not as anyone here has described it. To say otherwise would be disingenuous and misleading.

To be honest, I find this particular aspect of the KSMO philosophical approach somewhat maddening. I am all for recasting negative statements in a more positive light when they are otherwise equivalent in value, particularly when it can help to change the mindset of the person making the statement, but sometimes negative statements are the only true way to express a set of facts or ideas. I have never been hang gliding either.

Cheers
    Karyon
  • rumelrumel
    Karyon,

IMHO, voluntarily limiting an Anerosession to a certain time period for the express purpose of building arousal levels for a future session is an entirely viable strategy. My point about not setting limitations was in respect to establishing an environment conducive to allowing the Super-O to occur.

I know it is difficult to avoid having expectations especially when it comes to the Super-O, but I can relate from personal experience that I have NEVER had a Super-O when I was expecting it!

P.S. While I have never been hang gliding in my physical body either, I have done so in my mind and it was exhilarating.
  • GeogioGeogio
    Karyon,
    I too have a full plate. It may be days or even a week or two between sessions. Sometimes it's during a shower or a swim which I wouldn't call sessions; but the sensations are pleasing and it's worth the short duration.

As far as time in? That's up to you, up to your body's tolerance for certain lubricants, up to your stress level, diet, many different inputs to the equation. I have to take all of those into consideration. Especially the stress and diet. I also have to maintain a level of physical activity for my own benefit and can not forego the workouts for a session. The workouts come first. With me.... it's all about the Chi.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    If I don't get something going in 20 minutes I end the session.
  • [QUOTE=karyon;89655]Lurker here, delurking . . .

I've been "using" Aneros(es) for years now, with plenty of pleasure, but nothing like a Super-O. After a few months working with KSMO practice (with some slow progress), I'm ready to try again.

Here is my question: what is the minimum time one needs to get some benefit from the Aneros? WIth KSMO, it's recommended that in the beginning one should do 20-minute practice sessions every other day or so. This requirement makes it relatively easy to stick to a regular schedule. It's been my understanding that you need to set aside a longer period of time for an Aneros session, but I'm wondering if anyone here thinks shorter sessions are at all useful in the rewiring process.

I need something to do on days off from KSMO . . .

thanks
    Karyon

From the start I've been setting aside 2 hour blocks of time, which don't happen very often. But I found I needed the time. Also, for me, having a short space of time allocated put the screws on my session, made me uptight and couldn't go anywhere. Ironically though, recently, though prepared to spend an hour or two, my first 'o's stated after 20-30 minutes, which for me is a new twist. For me still the best 'o's are later down the line..like 1-2 hours down the line.
    Question: I notice the best 'O's I have are accompanied by a glob of pre-cum. I read somewhere that orgasms, esp. dry ones are mysterious, no one really understands them completely....could they (dry orgasms) be the result of pre-cum (or drainage) eventually making its way out of the penis head? It's a thought I've entertained for a while. Do others have any comments about this?
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=marcusthe1st;89761] .... snip ... Question: I notice the best 'O's I have are accompanied by a glob of pre-cum. I read somewhere that orgasms, esp. dry ones are mysterious, no one really understands them completely....could they (dry orgasms) be the result of pre-cum (or drainage) eventually making its way out of the penis head? It's a thought I've entertained for a while. Do others have any comments about this?

I 'drool' pre-cum from physical contact of an Aneros next to my Cowpers glands or when I mentally focus on something sensual or sexy. Pre-cum is a darn fine lube of course and the mental trigger idea makes natural sense to me. There's also there's been some writing about it carrying pheromones. (signal -- here I am baby and I'm interested)

My wife has aways seemed attracted to me when I have wet thighs :) ; however, I've never seen her smelling my dirty skivs :LOL:

Personally, I feel it's more of a nuisance, doesn't smell good and is just dame nature's way to help lube things up for sex.

Note though: I'm circ'd and it might be worthwhile getting opinions from gents who carry a foreskin. It might also be worthwhile to get some opinions on how the scent of pre-cum affects gay guys.

My prostate is enlarged and, among all the tools, the MGX is the best mate with my Cowpers right after insertion. The other tools don't get down there until well into a session when I really loosen up (30-40 minutes). So for a Helix or Progasm I'm not 'drooling' until I'm getting deep into mental and physical arousal and have a lot of energy flow going. In a "Chicken or Egg" debate, I'd tend to argue that pre-cum is the result rather than the cause. However, a slimy urethra and glans might definitely add to the experience.
  • karyon
    It's interesting that this thread has turned toward the issue of precum. I've always found the generation and movement of it thru my penis very pleasurable. More importantly, I use it as a sign that "something" is happening, even if I can't tell otherwise. When I do 20m KMSO sessions, I often feel little to nothing at all, but also often find the precum emerges soon afterward. I'm curious if others find this to be the case.
  • Oh, I don't know, precum is so very sexy and I love how mine tastes! I can say I could handle your precum in my mouth, say?