Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Home Made Lube from Organic Flax Seeds and Water
  • Someone mentioned flax seed gel as a natural, water-based lube on my Shea Butter Suppositories thread, which inspired the forum search, which led me to this dormant thread. Although I remain a committed member of the "oil-based lube camp," I regularly use commercially available water-based lubes where appropriate. While I've used flax seed gel for anal play, I have yet to attempt an Aneros sesh as the main lube ingredient.

Reading this thread I thought about the issue of spoilage and the recommendation that this gel be kept in the fridge, and for no more than a week or so following its preparation.

This got me to thinking: could this gel be frozen for long-term storage? Would the gel retain its pre-frozen consistency well enough upon thawing to make this worthwhile? And what about the logistics of portioning off just enough frozen material for a session, without having to thaw and re-freeze the unused portion in order to get at the desired amount for a session?

The answer seemed obvious: ice cube molds.

I used the same trays that I use for my shea butter suppositories. Because of the snotty, cohesive qualities of the substance, getting it to flow into the depressions took a bit of effort. I had to "massage" the goop in some spots in order to get it to fill some of the cubes.

I started with one cup of seed for a few ounces more than two cups of water, simmered for around 13 minutes, and then strained through a fine, wire mesh strainer. When no more of the goop would flow through the strainer (while being continually stirred with a metal spoon), I dumped the soggy mass back into the sauce pan, added enough water to match the starting volume of the first "pull," and simmered for 15-20 minutes, and then strained it again.

Both batches had an excellent consistency--at first I expected the second pull to be much thinner than the first, but still usable. While the first pull flowed into the ice cube depressions quite readily, it was the second pull that gave me some challenge, as it seemed much more cohesive and "snotty." I am very new to all of this, so I am not sure why there was such a difference between the two batches. Perhaps it was due, in part, to simmering pull #2 longer?

Once completely frozen, the flax seed gel ice cubes pop out of the tray pretty readily. And while I have yet to "road test" this, initial indications are quite good. If freezing this gel harms its slipperiness, the impact seems marginal. And while some might experience ice-in-the-butt as a "bad" thing, I don't seem to have a problem with it. As someone in this thread recommended a 10 cc injection as ideal for an Aneros session, three of these icy suppositories should do the trick. (I'll post back once I have some first-hand experience with this.)

Alternatively, one could thaw a few of these cubes in order to draw up the melted gel into a syringe or lube injector.

This is mostly theoretical at this point. I'll post again once I have more experience.

Enjoy!
  • Love_isLove_is
    Interesting experiment Xochipilli. Keep us posted of the results. :)

Love_is
  • pacnw
    Excellent idea - yes, please keep us posted how things work out.
  • Hey Gentlemen!

Last Saturday I had an Aneros sesh with a Progasm using 3 frozen flax seed gel suppositories (amounting to approximately 9-10 ml total), and I am cautiously optimistic about the results. My session was interrupted by a 90 minute phone call at about 45 minutes in. I left the Progasm in during the call, consequently, things were not feeling sufficiently slick by the time I finished the call to effectively continue. Removing the Pro was kind of intense by that point as it felt like it had been glued in there (over three hours after its introduction). According to my recollection, the glycerin-water-based lubes I'd previously tried were a bit more forgiving during removal under similar circumstances.

Nevertheless, during the initial part of the experiment, prior to the phone call, I was really enjoying the unique tactile qualities of this natural lube. I'm most familiar with how shea butter and natural jelly feel--the balance between slickness and adhesion. I don't have the adequate words to effectively describe this, but I suspect that a few of you might appreciate what I'm trying to hint at.

More testing is in order. If the slippery quality of the lube survives being in cold storage for a month or more, then I think I might be onto something. For me, inserting the frozen gel in suppository form was super-convenient, and not at all unpleasant. However, I suspect some folks might be at risk for cramping. Once melted, the gel seems to retain its unique textural qualities, although I am probably not experienced enough with "freshly prepared" flax seed gel to fairly compare it to frozen.

I was hoping to use this gel as I would Astroglide and similar commercial lubes, with masturbation sleeves and "hands on" toys. Unfortunately, flax seed gel seems to dry out a bit quicker, and forms a crusty residue, which doesn't occur as readily with the commercial products. It also has more of a tendency to make a mess during such operations (due to the manual and repeated insertion and retraction involved). By "mess" I mean the lube itself, as opposed to other possibilities. (There was no mess issue when used with the Progasm, however.)

I enjoyed this lube while it lasted, but didn't really give it a fair test the first time around. I suspect it would function quite nicely for shorter (1 to 2 hour) sessions. Post sesh cleanup was easier than the oil-based lubes that I still favor.

I heartily agree with the comments about this lube being described as having a "sexy" feel to it--probably due to the texture being so similar to natural vaginal secretions or pre-cum.

I'll certainly post any new findings once they become available.

Peace!

Xochi
  • Glad this was bumped; would've missed it otherwise.
  • Is this flax seed lube recipe safe for vaginal use? So far we really enjoy grape seed oil!
  • schitzschitz
    Just wondering , I've seen a flaxseed oil, and I'm thinking maybe a quick / easy solution to always making te recipe.

Any thoughts ?
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi Schitz, :)
    These are two different things. The flaxseed lube has a quality that is different than an oil, even though they do the same thing. The flaxseed lube is not an oil and does dry out and spoil. If you are going to use an oil as some users here do, there are probobly less expensive types to use.

Love_is
  • schitzschitz
    Hey Love_is

Thanks for the input. I know know the texture obviously would
    Be different, just figured would be a good alternative.

Cause love the recipe but of course it takes time
    And just the extraction is a process in it self.

So thought it may be a alternative.

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Love_is;47632]Hi Schitz, :)
    These are two different things. The flaxseed lube has a quality that is different than an oil, even though they do the same thing. The flaxseed lube is not an oil and does dry out and spoil. If you are going to use an oil as some users here do, there are probobly less expensive types to use.

Love_is
  • Love_isLove_is
    No problem Schitz. :)
    Sure it's an alternative. It just depends on how much you want to pay for it. And whether it performs well for you with no problems. Have you tried unrefined 100% shea butter? If you use it the way I do of refrigerating the jar and scooping chunks out with a spoon, there is no preperation involved. But some users like to form them into suppository type shapes for easy insertion. This is a tree nut oil that is very creamy at body temperature and doesn't get absorbed internally, dry out, and is natural. I recommend you read through the whole thread posted below if you are interested.

The official shea butter thread:
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/showthread.php?10363-Unrefined-shea-butter-how-much

Love_is
  • schitzschitz
    Hey there,

Yeah I did read that post, and have tried the shea butter before, which was ok all in all.

Its all just finding that perfect balance, i've tried all different kinds of lubes with insertion.

Again thanks for your help, appreciate it.

[QUOTE=Love_is;47672]No problem Schitz. :)
    Sure it's an alternative. It just depends on how much you want to pay for it. And whether it performs well for you with no problems. Have you tried unrefined 100% shea butter? If you use it the way I do of refrigerating the jar and scooping chunks out with a spoon, there is no preperation involved. But some users like to form them into suppository type shapes for easy insertion. This is a tree nut oil that is very creamy at body temperature and doesn't get absorbed internally, dry out, and is natural. I recommend you read through the whole thread posted below if you are interested.

The official shea butter thread:
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/showthread.php?10363-Unrefined-shea-butter-how-much

Love_is