Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Kundalini Syndrome - just take note and remember
  • alvalv
    You may think “another person washed by the esoteric or spiritual brush” but I can only advise all Aneros user to take note of what is described as kundalini syndrome. If you google you will see many sites do warn that awakening the Kundalini can lead to problems. Many have reported on this forum elevated energies or other state of minds after using the Aneros. This could be associated with the Kundalini as it originates at the base of the spine just where we are playing. When lying still and being gently massaged by the Aneros I can feel and hear small vibrations, sometimes bubbling and then these continuing up my spine sometimes stopping midway others going as high as my shoulders.

Two years ago I had what I later learned to be a Kundalini awakening which sent me to hospital. See my blog entry "Kundalini the serpent hiccupped and sent me to hospital" . below is quoted from wikipedia.org
    Quote (and in red what I never have experienced and in orange what I again have experienced during or after an Aneros session): Researchers affiliated with the fields of transpersonal psychology and near-death studies have suggested some common criteria that describe Kundalini problems, of which the most prominent feature is a feeling of energy or heat rushing up the spine.

Other sensory and motor symptoms may include: the feeling of cranial pressures, the perception of inner sounds, experiences of inner lights, vibrating or tickling sensations in the lower back, tachycardia (rapid heart rate), changes in breathing, spontaneous bodily movements, sensations of heat or cold moving through the body, localized bodily pain that starts and stops abruptly, vibrations and itching under the skin, and unusual, or intense, sexual sensations.

Mental and affective symptoms include: fear, anxiety, depersonalization, intense positive or negative emotions, spontaneous slowing or speeding of thoughts, spontaneous trance states, experiencing oneself as larger than the physical body, and experiences of paranormal consciousness.

Should any of this ever apply to you after using the Aneros it just may be cheaper and more effective to see a good yogi.

PS. I have had two near death experiences about 30 years ago but I think they may be unrelated to my recent experiences.
  • I've found John Selby's book Kundalini Awakening: A Gentle Guide to Chakra Activation and Spiritual Growth useful.
  • plantation
    thank you for the advice but that tone must do to avoid his tone can make seance Aneros every day? :shock: :shock:
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    Thanks for the warning!
    I think had a Kundalini experience a few months ago, it was scary! :shock:

Here is a brain research web site with information about Kundalini if anyone is interested:
    http://www.newbrainnewworld.com/?Awakening_of_Kundalini
  • Janosik
    alv said:

feeling of energy or heat rushing up the spine.
    cranial pressures
    the perception of inner sounds
    experiences of inner lights
    vibrating or tickling sensations in the lower back
    tachycardia (rapid heart rate)
    changes in breathing
    spontaneous bodily movements
    sensations of heat or cold moving through the body
    localized bodily pain that starts and stops abruptly
    vibrations and itching under the skin
    unusual, or intense, sexual sensations

Mental and affective symptoms include: fear, anxiety, depersonalization, intense positive or negative emotions, spontaneous slowing or speeding of thoughts, , experiencing oneself as larger than the physical body

Sorry, but I have to call BS. I cut / pasted the only things a 100% normal person wouldn't experience on a day to day basis and this is all I got:

spontaneous trance states
    experiences of paranormal consciousness.

Everything else sounds pretty typical and there's no reason to suspect any cause / effect relationship here. Post hoc ergo propter hoc, look up the fallacy ;)

Maybe we should add these to the list:
    Occasional sneezing
    Desire to scratch areas that itch
    Yawning
    etc.

I think you get the idea :P
  • DeepDeep
    I'm calling BS on this as well. Those symptoms can be caused by any number of conditions. Try not to take this journey to seriously and just enjoy the pleasure our bodies have evolved to provide us. Spread the word of ecstasy to those willing to listen knowing that you are not putting them in any danger.
  • alvalv
    Deep said:

I'm calling BS on this as well. Those symptoms can be caused by any number of conditions. Try not to take this journey to seriously and just enjoy the pleasure our bodies have evolved to provide us. Spread the word of ecstasy to those willing to listen knowing that you are not putting them in any danger.

BS or or not BS, I keep an open mind. The beauty of this forum is that all sides are equally represented.

Oh I am enjoying the pleasures our bodies have evolved to provide - on the other hand I had experiences in the past that I do not want to repeat as well as experiences that I do want to repeat.

I am not scaremongering - just put it in the back of your mind, maybe the info is useful.
  • plantation
    thank you has you Janosik and Deep for reassurance about the Aneros :? :? :?
  • Love_isLove_is
    While I respect Janosik's and Deep's difference of opinion with alv...

I think it is an completely disrespectful to say that what alv experienced is false/wrong, or is entirely something else just because it is not all that common or known about.

Did you both also call BS about super orgasms via Aneros prostate massager's? Because the majority of society knows nothing about it and has probably never experienced them either.

Just because you might not understand someone else's experience, doesn't make it any less real for the person who experienced it. Perhaps rather than call BS on alv's experience, it would have been more pertinent and socially polite to ask alv questions about his experience so as to help you understand what he went through.

Love_is
  • alvalv
    Love_is said:

I think it is an completely disrespectful to say that what alv experienced is false/wrong, or is entirely something else just because it is not all that common or known about.

Love_is thanks for the support and with it possibly keeping the subject open for discussion.

I have a very thick skin and I did not take offence to Deep and Janosik's replies, it is just a different opinion and a way of expressing that opinion and nothing more than that. At least D and J will agree with me that we disagree on this subject.

I also want to clarrify that I have not said that the Anerus will cause anybody to get kundalini syndrome all that I said is that as a result of Aneros use I am experiencing energetic flows / feelings that I experienced two years ago which sent me to hospital, and advised should someone be so unlucky and have problems as described that there are alternatives to chemistry. I enjoy using the Aneros and I am enjoying the Energetic re-awakening as a result of it. To put you further in the picture I practice yoga and qigong daily, meditate, and often have acupuncture with needles sticking in me and acupuncture massages all to relieve energy blockages when I feel it as necessary. As a result my Energy channels are fairly open and possibly experience the Aneros very different to the rest here.
  • DeepDeep
    Love_is, alv,

I don't doubt that you or others have experienced these symptoms, I'm saying it's unlikely to be caused by kundalini. If anyone experiences the symptoms above and they worry you please see a doctor for a check up.
  • alvalv
    Deep said:

I don't doubt that you or others have experienced these symptoms, I'm saying it's unlikely to be caused by kundalini. If anyone experiences the symptoms above and they worry you please see a doctor for a check up.

With above symptoms I was in hospital for 5 days - Diagnosis Bipolar Disease - Medication Lithium

Luckily I refused medication, did not want to poison my brain and I disagreed with the diagnosis.
    Finally with intense breathing and meditation exercises guided by a professional yoga and relaxation teacher I was grounded and brought back to normal - whatever normal is supposed to be.

PLEASE NOTE - this hospital episode was not from Aneros use but initiated by doing unguided combination of specific PC flexes, pelvic squeezes, deep breathing and body postures which set energies flowing (or a heat rush) up my spine.