Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Cleaning the Aneros...
  • pif
    Is there a way to give the Aneros a "deep cleaning"? I usually just wash them down a few times with soap and warm to hot water. I am a clean freak! Any suggestions please?

:?:
  • I always use anti-bacterial soap but other than that I really don't know of anything. I've never had an issue with stains or odor.
  • rumelrumel
    pif,

You can run your Aneros through a dishwasher for a sparkling clean fresh finish, if you so desire. You could also use a 10% bleach/water solution or isopropyl alcohol to clean your fun toys. These will all work without deleterious effects, but scrubbing with simple soap and hot water is really sufficient.

The use of anti-bacterial soaps is a bit controversial, there is some speculation and evidence that we are inadvertently contributing to the development of 'super bugs' that are resistant to anti-biotics by our over zealous use of these contemporary anti-bacterial products.

I personally use a simple liquid hand soap with hot water and a washcloth to clean mine, it seems to work just fine as I have not experienced any associated bacterial infections during my 2+ years of usage.