Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Boy Butter reviews
  • Morn
    Having been told about boy butter I am eager to give it a try, the trouble is that it is impossible to get in the UK and during my search I have come across some not so positive reviews.

So before I place an order in the good old US of A I was wondering if some who have used it would give a thumbs up/down on the product.

Cheers guys
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Morn,

Here's one thread in the forum where I'd written up some info on the ingredients: http://aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1613

Seems to me there was another one as well where several users gave their opinions on it (can't find it). But I know of two experienced users who absolutely love the stuff. I'm not usually into silicone containing preparations but this one sounds different (supposed cleans up with water!). I've been meaning to give it a try, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully others will chime in on this.

BF Mayfield

P.S. You say that you read some negative reviews on it. I'd be curious to check those out myself as well....before I take the plunge.
  • Pan
    Hey Guys,

I heard about Boy Butter in this forum a couple months ago and decided to give it a try. And I have to say, I'm sold on the stuff.

Back in 1999 I used ID Millenium Silicone lube with the Aneros. Although it worked great as a lube, it was a royal pain to clean up and always left an unpleasant lingering sensation in my nether regions for hours afterwards, as if I had injected a tube of vasoline up there.

Then I read about Mayfield using KY and decided to switch over. For about 6 six years, that's all I've used and, although I do get the occasional "urge to purge" from KY, for the most part it's never done me wrong.

But I still missed that super slipperiness that only seems to comes from the silicone lubes. So when i heard about Boy Butter I figured "why not?" and ordered a bottle.

Well, in my experience, the rumors are true! It does in fact, clean up just a easy as KY with water only. Actually, I find that it cleans up better than KY or Astroglide because usually I notice a faint stickiness after washing off water-based lubes with a washcloth. Where as Boy butter seems to leave no trace of ever having ever been there, other than perhaps a feeling of softer skin, kind of like a moisturizing cream.

As for how it stacks up against the other silicone lubes, I can only compare it to ID Millenium, and it's basically the same results. Ultra slippery for hours, no re-applications required, and a tiny amount goes a looong way. It's consistency is very much like melted butter (hence the name). For this reason I recommend buying the "tube" container rather than the "tub." You'll only need a few drops or so, and with the tube it's easy to control the amount. Besides, the tub sounds just plain unsanitary to me.

One last thing to mention, as Mayfield recommends, in the past I have always inserted a small amount of KY internally prior to inserting the aneros. With Boy Butter, I find that it's no longer necessary with a model like the Eupho, but I do still inject a little KY prior to using the Progasm just to guarantee maximum mobility.

About price - I purchased a 9oz. tube for roughly $20 online. I have been using it regularly for a couple months now and it still feels nearly full. I expect this one tube to last about a year or so based on an average of about 4-8 sessions a month. So it's saving me a LOT of cash compared to KY.

Guess that's it for now. If anyone has questions lemme know.

Pan
  • Onthepath
    Hey there,

The version that I have doesn't have any silicone. The ingredients are: partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, glycerin (urge to purge ingredient and easy water cleanup), polysorbate 80, glyceryl stearate, and glyceryl distearate. Looking at BF's linked post above, mine is missing the Phenyl Trimethicone ingredient.

I bought the 8oz tub a few months ago among several other lubes that I bought so I could experiment and see which ones I liked best. I would say that the consistency of mine is more like pudding. I read somewhere that they came out with a thicker version which I assume is the one that now contains the silicone.

Please keep in mind that my statements below are for the older formulation, not the one with the silicone. I'm not sure how different it is with that extra ingredient.

It's great for masturbation as it spreads easily, but it's kind of sticky at the start. After several strokes, it changes consistency and turns into a slick lube. It certainly does clean up well with water and you get a lot for your money.

I tried it with the Aneros several months ago and I didn't like it that much. The pudding consistency caused it to be a little messy when I tried to spread it on my anus. At the time, I was also pre-lubing for every session and I couldn't effectively do that part of the process other than trying to use my fingers. I'm not one of these types that uses one lube internally and another externally - too lazy I guess. The lube I use needs to be able to work inside and out. That's why I use Maximus and sometimes Albolene. Also, due to the initial stickiness that I mentioned earlier, I found that the Aneros did not move well. I obviously couldn't "stroke" it to get that slick consistency like when I'm masturbating. The Aneros only moves in and out so much!

I don't pre-lube for every session now, so I may give this a try again and see how it goes. I'm not a big fan of silicone since it seems to be absorbed like a moisturizer and gradually gets less and less slick. On durable surfaces such as the lube bottle itself, on the floor, or on the counter top, you can't rid of the stuff! I always like to experiment so I may buy the new version when I run out of this one. With all the different lubes that I have now, that could be a very long time!

As a side note, I also tried the water based version of Boy Butter with my Fleshlight and wasn't impressed with that either. The liquid water based lubes like ID Glide or Astroglide work best.

Onthepath
  • Pan
    Hey OnThePath,

yep, I'm looking at the bottle and "Phenyl Trimethicone" is near the end of the list of ingredients.

It's interesting some of the differences between what you described and what I'm experiencing with this stuff.

Where yours has a "pudding" consistency, mine is much thinner and closer to, although not quite, a liquid form.

Also, I tried using it once for regular masturbation and found that while it isn't at all sticky (it's actually quite smooth, like a skin creme), it seemed to dull the sensation too much and I eventually gave up on the session. I'm guessing that's the Trimethicone at work.

What I love about it is how I can simply lube up my Eupho once, insert it, and I'm good to go for hours. And with something larger like the Progasm, it makes for a much smoother ride than KY alone and without any need for additional applications. I haven't noticed any loss of slickness with use. But again, I'm guessing that's the Trimethicone difference.

You mentioned that the water-based Boy Butter wasn't so great with the Fleshlight. Did you try it with regular masturbation or intercourse? If so, can you describe your experiences?

I have to agree that both Astroglide and ID Glide are great with the Fleshlight.

Also, if you haven't tried it, I recommend getting one of those Fuzuoku finger vibes and turning it on while holding the Fleshlight in that hand. Normally, I don't get much from vibrators, but the way the vibrations move throughout the whole Fleshlight makes some subtle but amazing sensations without any numbing side-effects. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Have Fun!

Pan
  • darwindarwin
    a web surf confirms that Phenyl Trimethicone is the silicone.

about consistency, Pan has the squeeze bottle and Onthepath has the tub.

Onthepath, where did you buy yours as i want to avoid the silicone-less product?

darwin
  • Onthepath
    Hey Pan and Darwin,

That’s odd. I thought that the formulation with the silicone was supposed to be thicker, not thinner. I was beginning to wonder if I really had the older version or if you did. So, I went to the Boy Butter web site and saw that they do mention the lube having silicone. The CheapLubes web site mentions the thicker formula but they don’t show that it has silicone, so that info could be very old.

Yes, masturbating with a silicone lube is quite a different experience! I really like Gun Oil’s Jack Jelly. It’s not their premium brand, Stroke 29, but I like it better. Stroke 29 (not silicone based) is a very, very thick lube and is hard to spread around. As you begin stroking, “around the 29th stroke" (get it?) it changes consistency to be a very nice slick lube. However, if you want to apply a little more later, good luck. It's even more difficult to spread the lube around since your penis is already slick. It can actually fall off in globs or get stuck between your fingers. So, it's good for quickies, not long edging sessions like what I have. Or, just be sure to put a lot on initially so you don't feel the need to add more later. Jack Jelly is similar to Albolene in consistency but it is an oil and silicone based lube. It goes on easy and if you need more, it's very easy to add on to it. All in all, I do like using a silicone based lube from time to time to mix things up a bit.

Perhaps the silicone helps the Boy Butter stay slicker even longer. I find that with lubes that are either entirely silicone or mostly silicone, I have to keep reapplying it. The skin is still very slippery but not as much so as when I first applied it. Perhaps since it's near the end of the ingredient list it's not in a high enough concentration to have that effect. This would make it more akin to Jack Jelly. Hmmm, I haven't tried using Jack Jelly with the Aneros. Time for an experiment!

In regards to the water based version of Boy Butter, I normally don’t use water based lubes when masturbating since I like to have long edging sessions and I get tired of pausing to go for the spray bottle of water! I haven’t used it that much, but from what I recall, it doesn’t get tacky as it dries, but it doesn’t re-hydrate well either as the ID Glide or the Astroglide do. It seemed that the water diluted it too much. It could be that I just sprayed too much water. I tried applying more, but that tended to thicken it up even more after a short while.

Thanks for the tip on the Fuzuoku. I’ll have to check that out.

Darwin, I bought the Boy Butter at CheapLubes. The web site may not be updated so you will probably get the new formulation. You may want to call them to find out.

Onthepath
  • Pan
    Ok this is getting interesting,

I also bought my tube of Boy Butter "Churn Style" from cheaplubes.com.

Here's the ingredient list:

Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, glycerin, polysorbate 60, glyceryl stearate, phenyl, trimethicone, glyceryl distearate

Regarding water-based lubes for marathon masturbation sessions, I just use generic astroglide and periodically dip my fingers into a shot glass of water to rehydrate. Takes all of 1.5 seconds. Perhaps it's the spray bottle that's slowing you down...?

;-)
  • Onthepath
    Perhaps this is what Darwin was alluding to: The tub lube is thicker and different from the thinner lube in the bottle. After all, if you buy the tub version, you don't want a thin liguid sloshing around in it! The bottle version needs to be thinner to allow you to squeeze it out easier.

Or I could be totally wrong and they just have some old stock that they are trying to sell off. Who knows...

Nice tip with the water based lube and shot glass. That'll shave at least 4-5 seconds off my re-wet time! That'll work well in the bathroom with the glass sitting on the counter top, but it won't work in the bedroom. The head of my bed is raised to help with an acid reflux condition. Plus I have a regular spring mattress rather than those new ones with the independent coils. Actually, it's just the hassle factor and frequency of re-wetting that's most annoying. :)

Onthepath
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Fuzukuoko? Fukuoku? What's in a name right! The product that I know of is the Fukuoku. I have a little story about it that some may find of interest. Last year when I was in Berlin at the Venus show, there was a vendor there selling it. These guys were pretty wild, (only in Europe), they positioned a voluptuous lady in front of their booth wearing the Fukuoku who would accost guys walking by. First she would start working on your back and your neck then your chest, work you nipples for a bit and in short order make it down below the waist and onto your rear...I even saw her go frontal on a couple of guys! She must have sold hundreds of them!

(No...I didn't buy one....I was taking carry-on only so I didn't want to be stopped!) I did go back there a couple of times mind you......

Regarding the Butter Tub vs. Tube situation. This really strikes as being quite funny. Honestly, it seems that they have different formulations for the different containers.....much in the same way that margarine is packaged! SQUEEZABLE & IN THE TUB! These guys obviously take their merchandising gimmick very seriously.

The tube sounds like the ticket for me

BF Mayfield
  • Morn
    Well I was not expecting such a varied response to this, I am going to give the tube version a go I think.

Will post my results here.

Thanks for the advice.
  • darwindarwin
    guys-

i sought clarification of some of these issues from the Boy Butter site.

Eyal, the Boy Butter Boy himself wrote back.

1. the formula for the squeeze bottle and tub are the same, but the squeeze bottle is a little thinner, for squeezability.

2. about the batch w/o the trimeth listed, here is what he said:

The ingredient is listed on new bottles, it was just a ingredient
    left out in the original run and now all new products have it listed.

i interpret that to mean that it was left out of the listing but not the formula.

Too bad Onthepath is less enthusiastic about the tub than Pan is about the bottle as the tub is twice the volume for the same price.

Perhaps there is an EZ way to thin the tub before use?

darwin
  • lupton5
    I have been a fan of Boy Butter since I first tried it a couple of years back. That pre-dates my Aneros experience. I will have no other lube. It stays slippery, cleans easily and no sloppy package leakage like some other lubes. I have always used the tub, the original "churn style". Just test drove the Progasm (will note that in another post) and things went swimmingly. I have never used any of the syringe type pre-lubes. I just slather up the device, don't even bother to lube myself prior, and insertion is smooth as silk.

But here is my question, if there are any health professionals out there who know more than me. When I read the item "hydrogenated oils" on the list of ingredients, I became a bit concerned. That translates to this guy as meaning "trans fats". Am I wrong?

My concern is that anything inserted into the anus will be absorbed by the blood stream quickly (think of why suppositories are used). I never eat trans fats, but am I doing something worse by using this product? Say it ain't so, Dr. Joe. But I would really like to know.

As an aside, I have purchased the afformentioned Churn Style Boy Butter a few times (also from Cheaplubes.com) and noticed a difference of consistency in the product. Just ordered a 16 oz tub recently and noticed it was quite liquid, verses last tub. I wonder...can the warm temperature in shipping affect the viscosity of the product? Last batch had the consistancy of Noxeema, this is more like mayonnaise. Just me, or anyone else had that experience.
  • Morn
    Ok, I have the squeeze version and I must say I prefer it to the other lubes like ID and such. The simple reason is the clean up, the only thing I hated about using the aneros in the past was the slimy feeling afterwards.

Now with Boy Butter its one wet wipe and your done.

Give it a try, will be replacing it with a tub version as I can not get the bottle in the UK and shipping was very expensive. Will comment when I change over.
  • enigma
    Morn

Boy Butter is available in the UK from WWW.lovehoney.com
  • Morn
    Thanks for that, I was referring to the tube version. But I now know where I will be ordering from.

Cheers
  • Enemagra
    im glad this post was bumped because i wanted to comment... after reading this post and running out of 'wet' i decided to order a tube. i really cant say im impressed at all! i find its not very 'luby' at all; it basically just feels like handcream that is quickly absorbed and gone. especially in the rectum im VERY aware of a foreign presence that kind of stings for a moment then absorbs, making the aneros somewhat difficult and uncomfortable to remove when finished. here;s the kicker though; i bought boy butter churn style. is this butter of which you all speak? im pretty dissapointed with this purchase (especially sinse it set me back $30)
  • canadian
    I use to use ky if I could get it, then i tried hand & body cream. It is aloe vera which is suppose to be good for your skin or burns. I did like Mayfield & many suggest on here & that is to inject it inside with the baby medicine thingy first then a lil on the aneros. I like it very much now & it last the 30 to 60 minutes. just my 2 cents LOL. But I may go to vaseline intensive care next (has anyone tried that? ) please let me know.
  • darwindarwin
    i got BB to experiment with as well.

i am not sold on it as an aneros lube alone. i do think it is a good combo w/ injected water based lube.

i will say this for it: it makes an excellent nipple lube. i have revived my program of trying for nipple orgasms and boy butter on the nipples is very smooth and lasts a really long time.

i really went bananas w/ my nipples yesterday. in its height i was quite close to orgasm, and found my hands (left on right nipple, and vice versa) advanced to the state that they were making love to my "breasts", boy butter paving the way. it was pretty intense.

darwin