Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

using it in the shower
  • hoodleehoo
    I haven't gotten mine, but what I really want to do is use it in the shower laying in the bathtub. That's when I'm most relaxed and feel the most sexual. But I keep hearing the importance of keeping the tab dry. Is there a way to do it in the shower like that without the water being a problem?
  • rumelrumel
    (this post was edited 2007-05-16 22:34:50)

Shower first, get relaxed and sexually energized, then get out, dry off, prep your butt, insert the Aneros, go lay in bed, begin your session. It's going to take time to learn the re-wiring process. Sitting in a bathtub with hard surfaces and a stream of hot water which will rapidly go to cold as you deplete your hot water tank will probably not be conducive to effective learning. The P-tab, to be effective, needs to stay on your 'sweetspot', while its possible that it might stay there while wet in the shower, I doubt that you will find it comfortable to lie in the tub for an extended period of time without discovering some painful pressure points developing to distract your requisite inner sensate focus. I might be wrong, you could certainly give it a try, who knows you might discover something to share with the rest of us. Good Luck, Rumel

P.S. If you were talking about using using the Aneros in a soaking tub or hot tub/jacuzzi/spa then the time spent might be productive for you. As far as helping stabilize a wet P-tab, you might try brushing on some liquid latex on the P-tab, build-up a few layers and be sure you get a little surface texture on the final coat(s), this may provide a little extra "skin traction" in a wet environment.
  • nood1963
    Hello,

Hi Hoodleehoo. Believe what Rumel said. I would let myself get to know the stimulator and really learn how to use it correctly and get good results from the beginning. Using them in the shower and tub is fantastic. Good luck, Nood
  • artformartform
    (this post was edited 2007-05-16 12:37:20)

Hi All

Hoodleehoo, as newbie with my MGX, after three or four sessions I had a strong intuition to wear it in our tub which is a deep two person unit. I had far more involuntary sphincter contractions, prostate massage and other reactions in the tub, and no discomfort. The MGX tab sinks into my perineum more than enough to be stable and I am slim.

Thanks nood1963. I am interested in the experiences of others, including the more experienced, in tub use. Has anyone encountered any problems from water infiltration or the like?
  • hoodleehoo
    I've done a little anal play in the tub before, but only very newbie kind of stuff like fingering myself or using a handle of a toothbrush. I would be MUCH more comfortable and relaxed doing it in the tub than anywhere else. And I'm MUCH better able to explore and concentrate on sensations there. It would be awkward for me anywhere else.

So some of you have done it in the shower with water running and not had a problem with the tab slipping? I wonder if there's something you can do to make the tab have a little more friction to stay in place. Like something rubber glued on it or something. would that get in the way?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Over the years I've tried using the Aneros many times in the shower and in the bath tub, with my preference being the tub. What I found is that the mobility that I was normally accustomed to was hampered by the device drying out where it was exposed to the water. The fact is that water based lubes dissolve in seconds when you are fully immersed in a bath tub. And while oil based products (such as Vaseline) are more resistant, they too will dissolve over time particularly in hotter water. Honestly though, I'd have to say that the sensation of being in a water and feeling buoyant and relaxed more than makes up for the reduction in the action of the Aneros. It's a different experience and one to check out.

Take the plunge.

BF Mayfield

P.S. Whether it is a shower or a bath tub that you try, the chances are that the tab will require a bit more guidance on your part to keep it in place.
  • hoodleehoo
    I lay in the tub with the shower on. So it's kind of teh best of both worlds. I don't want to do it underwater though. I like feeling naked on the bottom of the shower (tub), submerged I feel like I'm taking a bath. lol
  • mrflopalot
    correct me if Im but I dont think you can use it in the shower, its very time consuming and you have to be totally relaxed.