Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

tantric books?
  • darwindarwin
    Pan and others who have knowledge of tantric tradtions-

it would great to learn about the ancient roots of prostate/perineum/breath based sexual practices that we aneros/ksmo/cradle users have the benefit of.

can you guys give us some history or recommend any particular reading?

one book that i've seen recommended is "The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity".

another one i saw on amazon is "Sex and the Perfect Lover: Tao, Tantra, and the Kama Sutra"

any pointers would be appreciated.

(i think i have misunderstood the ancient practice of ejaculation suppression by pressing on the perineum. i thought that it was just a trick to frustrate an ejaculation and thereby have a "non-ejac" orgasm. but, surfing around a little, i see that this was just a training method for men to learn to separate orgasm from ejaculation so that they could move on to practicing more like what we are all doing, which is genuine multi non-ejac orgasm).

darwin
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Darwin,

I must confess, that when it comes to recommending books on Tantra, that I've never been particularly satisfied with any one of them as a complete resource. It seems as though they are either completely immersed in the spiritual and philosophical nature (which is pretty heady stuff), while downplaying the sexual aspects almost entirely or they are totally preoccupied with the sexual part, missing the whole concept of linking two people together. This is not to say that one cannot learn things from what is out there, it's just that it requires more of an eclectic approach. With respect to "Sex and the Perfect Lover"..., I was given a copy of this book several years ago as a gift, and there is indeed a fair amount of information in it, presented in a way that most will find accessable. I would say that I was a pretty disappointed with the chapter on becoming multi-orgasmic though.

Another book that you might check out is entitled "Soul Sex: Tantra for Two" by Pala Copeland and Al Link. Although this one is "challenged' in several respects also, the authors are themselves married tantric partners which I found different. What comes out of that is a book that is written from a "couples" perspective, that does a fair job of integrating the spiritual and the sexual aspects of Tantra.

I'm not familiar with the other title that you cited. My first exposure to the Tao was Chia's "The Multi-Orgasmic Man". In it, he speaks to the concept of separating ejaculation from orgasm, as per your comments. I should also add that the technique that he proposes, essentially boils down to "edging" and it never worked for me (still doesn't to this day). The part where "Multi-Orgasmic Man" really loses me concerns the idea of retaining ejaculate in order to retain ones life force ( I'm paraphrasing of course). It just not a notion that I'm buying into. You see, although I've practiced non-ejaculatory techniques for many years now, I believe there's a true value to a good ejaculation as well! I say,...why deny yourself that? I simply have never felt that one experience diminished the other in any way. I know that there are many that do subscribe to these ideas. May their way be as pleasant........

If there is sufficient interest in this thread, in the future perhaps we might have a section of the site devoted to resources with selected books reviewed by forum members. Although the star system has become somewhat irrelevant in the forum, it could be helpful in a resource section, much in the same way that they use it on Amazon.

BF Mayfield
  • Pan
    As usual, I agree with Mayfield on this one.

I have stacks of books on Tantric and especially Taoist practices laying around my apartment collecting dust. Many of them have bits and pieces to offer, but none of them really cover The Big Picture in a way that I would heartily recommend.

I read "The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity" back in high school. It blew my mind. But then I was 15 years old, and it was 1990. I have since loaned out and subsequently lost the book, but as I recall, much of what was ground-breaking information to me then would be at least semi-common knowledge now. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the author's writing style and would recommend it as a solid reference on diet and health practices. But chances are, you already know most of the sexual techniques contained therein.

I would also recommend "Sexual Energy Ecstasy" by David Ramsdale for it's "salad bar" style collection of Tantric and Taoist techniques that can be casually sifted through and experimented with at random, especially by anyone who's already multi-orgasmic such as yourself.

If you really want to go deep into the Taoist tradtion, I recommend "Taoist Secrets of Love: Cultivating Male Sexual Energy," by Mantak Chia. All the information from "The Multi-Orgasmic Man," is condensed and streamlined material from this previous and much larger resource. I don't necessarily recommend everything contained within it's pages (like Mayfield, I'm a bit skeptical on some of the stricter Eastern traditions), but it is a highly detailed and rather fascinating journey into the concepts behind the techniques. It even has an entire chapter dedicated to various ways of exercising the scrotum and testicles, I thought you might get a kick out of that.

;-)

Other than that, I recommend just doing what you've been doing - hunting around the net and digging for those little nuggets of useful and practical information. That's what I do anyway. Heck, I saw a demonstration of the Tantric "Breath of Fire" being taught on youtube a couple months ago. It's amazing what you can find with a good search enginge and a little creativity.

Regarding the perineum issue, I think there's a tremendous amount of confusion and misinformation being taught out there. So it makes sense that it takes a while to clear away the junk before you get to the truly effective techniques, like the one Jack teaches in his KSMO seminar. That level of understanding is truly rare.

It's the same with PC exercises. The number of books, videos, and websites claiming that all you have to do is build up your PC muscle to become multi-orgasmic are virtually endless, but I have yet to meet a guy who truly became multi-orgasmic just by squeezing a muscle every day. I know so many guys who were disappointed by books like "The Multi-Orgasmic Man" that most of them think male multiple orgasms, in any form, are just urban legends. LOL!

Funny thing is, I thought the same thing until I stumbled onto KSMO, followed by the Aneros and so on. And in fact, I firmly believed that any method that involved edging or PC control was bogus, until recently, when I tried a new variation of that style called the "Maxwell Multiple Climax" technique. I'm still not sure why, but some reason the Maxwell method actually works for me. So after over a decade of failed attempts, I am finally a believer in the edging/PC method (although I often wonder if it would have worked had I not learned KSMO first...) too. Who knows what I'll end up believing next...

Well, I wish I had more book suggestions to offer. But I'm happy to say that, in my opinion, just by having learned KSMO and mastered the Aneros, (not to mention the new Prostate Cradle!), you're probably already way ahead of about 90% of all the books currently in print.

Pan :-)
  • Hornsby
    I'm just following up on BF's suggestion for setting up "resource" section on this site. I'd be very interested in such a section.

As a result of reading posts to this forum over the last 6 weeks or so, I've been slowly building up my own list offline as to what other things i'd like to investigate in my exploration of the male multi-orgasm potential. Since i'm relateively new to the forum, i'm sure there are others who have a substantially better developed list of interesting readings and resources.

Like Darwin, i hold an interest in finding out more about tantric practices so this list of 6 titles was a great start for me. Thanks Gents.

Hornsby
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Hornsby,

Just to let you know, I've already been in communication with the webmaster on this and he's interested in giving this a go as well! In the coming months there are going to be some changes to the website, and this will undoubtedly play a role.

BF Mayfield
  • happycamper
    (this post was edited 2007-05-02 11:20:18)

Does anyone know any books or preferably audio books that deal with sound frequencies?
    I prefer reading a more scientific approach when possible.

Years ago I read about everything in the universe resonating at a frequency and a homeopic study where a subject was treated with the resonating frequency of a medicine instead of the actual medicine.

I have been doing some reading on meditation and tried KMSO and have found my own method that works better for me.
    I hum and visualize a frequency and light at specific locations. As an example at the Anus I like to visualize a high pitch fast frequency and in the testicles I visualize a low base frequency and dark light. I can mix it up and change it according to my mood.

So if anyone can recommend something along this line I would be greatful.

• Enemagra
    ive been thinking for awhile that this forum would be much better/easier to benefit from if it were divded into subforums, like most websites. categories could include: introductions, beginners question section, technique discussion, aneros models discussion, maybe even a complaints/frustration section, and then non-aneros sexuality section for things like tantra, ksmo, interesting articles etc. with the amount of new posts everyday its becoming a little overwhelming and i think a lot of good posts are getting lost in the back pages.
  • that is an very interesting book about sex and taoism.
    It has translation of classic techniques and advices.
    I enjoy a lot reading it.
    Van Gulik, Robert. (1961) Sexual Life in Ancient China. Netherlands: E. J. Brill.

Also ,there are describe an interesting technique about press an acupoint wich is up ,on the right nipple.

That is the technique i was able to have full orgasm!!!
    i upload a "howto " to rapidshare
    http://rapidshare.com/files/67251634/pingi.zip.html
    enjoy

Also mantak chia books are very interesting.