Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

• saugatuck
    Hey guys, My Doctor wants me to have my yearly PSA test. I didn't tell him about the Aneros. When he went in with his finger the other day he said everything felt fine. I use my aneros a lot and wanted to know if anyone has had the test while using the aneros. Should I not use it for a few days before the test? Should I cum the night before the test. Any help would be great.
  • darwindarwin
    saugatuck-

the best answer is: discuss it with your doctor. it will serve you well if you get used to discussing hard to discuss things with him. that is what he is there for.

the second best answer is: prostate massage and even ejaculation can raise your PSA. the half life of PSA is a couple of days, so if you lay off the aneros for a week and don't ejac for a couple of days you should be at baseline.

if you get elevated results, even more reason to:
    - discuss with your doctor
    - get re-tested with his advice on aneros use

darwin

• BusterBuster
    Hey Saugatuck,

I know that there was a forum thread within the last year or so that was pretty similar to this. So, I went to the search function above and typed in "psa test" and it took me to some pretty interesting threads on the subject. Take a minute and read through them there aren't too many.

I hope that helps.

Buster
  • support
    Saugatuck,

Any type of prostate massage/stimulation (including a DRE) will artificially increase a man's PSA level. This usually subsides back to your normal level after 48-72 hours. So yes, hold off on an Aneros session before your test.

thanks,
    The Aneros Staff
  • Right

Could someone please explain this PSA test?

From listening to everyone on this forum it seems alot of members are from THE god old U.S of A.

Now me being from Britain and not having private medical insurance we have to do with the National Health Service so this so called test is non existent unless we wish to go private and pay.

cheers

VS
  • BusterBuster
    Hi VS,

Here is some info that I pulled up for you. I was under the impression that it is more accurate than a digital test. I have been getting digital exams for about 8 years now. I just got my first PSA about 6 months ago when I had an occurance of Prostate Cancer in my family.

"PSA or prostate specific antigen is an enzyme produced by the prostate cells. PSA levels can be used to tell if you have prostate-related diseases, such as prostate cancer. As part of a general prostate health program, your doctor may recommend that you have a PSA blood test performed regularly. "

Buster
  • Edit
    I was concerned after the postings because I scheduled the annual physical, doc ordered a PSA. Night before the blood test I used the aneros about 12 hours before and had an exceptionally strong ejaculation during intercourse maybe 8 hours prior. Don't know if it was affected but it was 1.5 and I'm middle aged.