Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Progasm - Size matters - New model
  • ScorchScorch
    I enjoyed the Progasm for the first time last night. Thank you very much for this new design!

It does have allot of potential but, with the consideration subtle sensations are often the goal, it seems a little large for the job in my particular case.

It's double (P&K) ball tab design is similar to the custom device I used to make out of acrylic years ago. And I believe this is the right idea but I would love to see a maximus (or other models) with the same tabs or maybe just a smaller version of the Progasm or, at least, the same tip and tabs with a slimmer base.

Every body is not the same size.

Even though I have plenty of anal experience and able to use the Progasm ok, and I found it satisfying, I also found it's a bit of a stretch. A stretch one could acclimatize but may prefer not to.

I think a slender base resulting in an increased angle from tabs to mid section would result in increased movement and less of a stretch after insertion.

Scorch.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2007-03-11 11:11:01)

Scorch,

I am aware of a unit that is waiting in the wings that has a lot of what you're looking for. It incorporates many of the features seen in the Progasm in smaller package. I suspect that it will be released in the next several months. The call had been out there for some time for the manufacturer to produce something larger, more aggressive and yet more responsive than the Maximus, ...which is why the Progasm came first. But keep on the lookout for this new one, I think you'll be quite pleased with it as well.

BF Mayfield
  • Virg
    I agree with Scorch!

The Progasm has merit and certainly hits areas that are rough to make contact with OR may not be accessible at all. It REALLY demands your attention and quite a ride...it is just hard to know who (or what) is "driving"...

Having said that, Newbies and the Slightly Experienced should be careful...The Big "P" is in charge! Make no mistake on that. Even with anal experience, it is hard to know who is the master here...

I would VERY much like to see the same geometry and shape but in a smaller version. Even on the scale of the Maximus, I think it would be a very nice experience. Especially, if the stem is smaller...the Progasm stem is too large (for me) and is very distracting during a session.

As far as the tabs, I would gladly replace all of my 5 other models with the double tab orientation. Now, that does not mean I would replace them...I have a lot invested and the replacement cost would be really expensive...unless, Aneros wants to provide a "trade-in" program...

So, BF, please keep us posted, and "Support"...are you listening?

"Why do drugs, when you have Aneros"?
  • TripperTripper
    Scorch,

I am finding one advantage in Progasm use. It seems to be stretching or loosening up the cavity and making possible a more effective MGX unit.

Tripper
  • hlaser99hlaser99
    Hey All!

The Progasm is amazing and the new features are really changing the design of Aneros for the better, IMHO! I truly love it!

I can't wait to see the new and smaller version of the Progasm...the Mo-Gasm or whatever??? I think it will be even better, especially if it has changes like those listed here an in other posts!

I even have my own "Frankenstein version" in my head with several changes, some of which, may even be on the upcoming unit???

Such as: a smaller base diameter, a little thinner and a little shorter, maybe ... Definately, keep the head looking like a "head" (with a prominent "rim" behind it and tilted forward!), also a longer tab in the front, like the "K" tab!) Keep the ball-tabs, of course!

Also, I have been experimenting with inserting only the head of the Progasm, plus a little more and blocking off about the second half and it is very promising, but of course you loose the tab contact in the process... but feels great, anyway!

Hey Trip, as I have posted, I also enjoy switching-out models part way thru a session! Maybe we should design a little Aneros "golf bag" looking thing, that could be hung on the head-board and you could just reach back and pull one out and hit the wall-dispenser for your lube, of course! LOL!

Necessity is, indeed, the mother of invention . . .

Later, Hlaser

• ScorchScorch

Originally Posted By: hlaser99
    Hey All!

The Progasm is amazing and the new features are really changing the design of Aneros for the better, IMHO! I truly love it!

I can't wait to see the new and smaller version of the Progasm...the Mo-Gasm or whatever??? I think it will be even better, especially if it has changes like those listed here an in other posts!

I even have my own \\\\\\\"Frankenstein version\\\\\\\" in my head with several changes, some of which, may even be on the upcoming unit???

Speaking of Frankenstein...

My compliments to the engineers!

The material used for this product is absolutely perfect.

It's a hard, thermal-set, plastic easily worked with including reforming with heat, molding, welding, machining, sanding, refinishing, etc.

One of the first modifications I did was to remove the ribs from the base to provide a completely smooth surface. Easily done with a knife and a couple grades of sandpaper.

Please keep up the excellent work.

Scorch.

• darwindarwin
    having tonight experienced what the progasm can really do (life changing), i have an insight on the thickness of the Progasm's neck.

one thing that might explain it is: the stretching of the anus possibly provides more grip, pressure and power to move the large progasm. in other words, perhaps if it had a neck like the helix we would not be able to really power it. god knows it REALLY moved in me tonight.

darwin
  • ScorchScorch

Originally Posted By: darwin
    ...the stretching of the anus possibly provides more grip, pressure and power to move the large progasm....

darwin

Keeping in mind that, like attorneys, legally speaking, licensed physicians can only 'practice' medicine and cannot guaranty anything they say at all and I might only pay limited attention to them while on my death bed...

I once had a proctologist explain to me that he recommends NEVER insert ANYTHING into the anus at all! Because the muscles are not made for it and, over time, they become stretched out resulting in leakage. Said he's seen plenty of these types of problems where older bodies are leaking feces because the anus is all stretched out...

Of course this was just one Doctor's 'opinion' and I would love to hear others. Including an explanation about how those same muscles could be tightened again with the right kind of therapy and exercise.

Scorch

• BusterBuster
    Hi Scorch,

Good point. I would like to think that as we are actually exercising these muscles more than probably any generation before us, that by the time we get to that age, our asses should be as they say "water tight".

Buster
  • Pan
    I'm with Buster on this one.

Not counting the Progasm, the Aneros stems are so thin that I don't see how they could induce any significant "stretching" of the anus. And of course, I would think that the regular contractions of the sphincter, would actually make the anus stronger and tighter than average if anything.

I'm no expert. But it seems to me that anything of equal or lesser size to one's regular bowel movement should be relatively safe to use.

But Scorch if you could get that proctologist to chime here, I'd love to hear his professional opinion of the Aneros.

:-)
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield

Originally Posted By: Pan

Not counting the Progasm, the Aneros stems are so thin that I don't see how they could induce any significant \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"stretching\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" of the anus. And of course, I would think that the regular contractions of the sphincter, would actually make the anus stronger and tighter than average if anything.

I'm no expert. But it seems to me that anything of equal or lesser size to one's regular bowel movement should be relatively safe to use.

But Scorch if you could get that proctologist to chime here, I'd love to hear his professional opinion of the Aneros.

Regarding stretching out one's anus, I would concur with Pan. If the size of the object is no larger than that of a large bowel movement....the anus is designed to accommodate this. Keep in mind, we're also talking about exercising the anal sphincter to a certain extent here as well... which serves to improve muscle tone! And as we all know....a more toned anus.... is a happy anus!

I would agree that there comes a point of diminishing returns however, that is, when someone inserts something so large that it results in tearing and a traumatic loss of muscle tone (not to speak of pain...ouch). Of course we've all heard these horror stories.....individuals forced to wear diapers etc. The point is, that the Aneros is not in that league. Given that HIH comes from a health background, there is no way that they would ever sell something like that.

As a matter of fact HIH has always followed a parallel course of designing products that could be used therapeutically for toning the PC muscle and anal sphincter (as well as sexually). In coming months however, they will be introducing a series of devices called Peristyles that have been developed specifically to enhance PC and anal sphincter health. Oh,...but it turns out you can have fun with them too...oh darn!

Stay tuned!

BF Mayfield
  • Edit
    Is this the same product as the "pantra" sold in the UK? I was thinking about purchasing that one but am not sure which would be better for an experienced user and one very comfortable with anal play.
  • ScorchScorch

Originally Posted By: Pan

... I'm no expert. But it seems to me that anything of equal or lesser size to one's regular bowel movement should be relatively safe to use.

Well, that was years ago. And I don't even remember the doctor's name.

I believe he was speaking about long term use. A few moments of bowel is the not same as a device in place for much longer.

I had see him because I thought I had a hemorrhoid which turned out to just be an irritating blood clot that eventually cleared itself for the most part but still bothered me once in awhile.

That is until I started doing my Aneros exercises about 9 months ago... Now it's much better and still improving! (So much for the doctor's advise not to put anything in there.)

This part of the thread is really about anal 'veterans' versus 'virgins' and I believe that anybody with plenty of experience will likely tell you that, over time, the anus does become more stretched out and is more accustomed to this type of exercise.

Whether or not this is a good thing or is even necessary is the question.

I'm inclined to think exercise is a good thing. And my experience indicates that this device has improved my own anal health.

But do I need a stretch to achieve the goal? Is it the size of the tool or how it is used?

Don't get me wrong; I think the progasm is nice but would still prefer a smaller version and will patiently wait.

In the meantime; I made a new modification to my Maximus.

I simply reformed (with a heat gun) the 'handle' straight back at a 90 degree angle to make a pretty good K-tab. And I have been pretty happy with this.

Scorch
  • 8ball

Originally Posted By: Murray
    Is this the same product as the "pantra" sold in the UK? I was thinking about purchasing that one but am not sure which would be better for an experienced user and one very comfortable with anal play.

Good question Murray, I asked the same in a new thread which for some darn reason only God knows, was removed! Whats up with that?
  • BusterBuster
    (this post was edited 2007-04-01 18:59:35)

• Edit
    What are the dimentions of the Progasm?

And why don't they list the size in the descriptions of any of the models?
    I would like to know the dimentions of alll of them.
  • 22fires
    I just got the progasm. I would say the head is the size of a normal penis, maybe a little bigger. It feels realy,realy, good. Just think I'm not gay either, but a cock does'nt sound bad.
  • Edit
    So right about the dimensions! The site should include a chart page that gives comparison dimensions for all the products. I ordered my Progasm today and have some worry that it might be painfully large. I'll just have to try it and see.
  • ScorchScorch

Originally Posted By: Warmbath
    So right about the dimensions! The site should include a chart page that gives comparison dimensions for all the products. I ordered my Progasm today and have some worry that it might be painfully large. I'll just have to try it and see.

I guess if I am going to start a thread that includes "size matters" in the subject line; I should write about the actual size!

Like other Aneros products; the Progasm is a little difficult to describe in terms of size because it's not perfectly round like a typical off-the-shelf butt plug.

Because of it's elongated nature; I have to describe it's dimensions in terms of both width and depth from the user's viewpoint. (Shaft and tabs pointed up.)

At it's widest point at what I would call the 'head' it's width is only 1.250" and it's depth is: 1.182"

It's narrowest point at what I would call the 'stem' (Where it spends most of it's time in the sphincter.) it's width is only 0.520" and it's depth is: 0.715"

With an average stem dimension of only slightly larger than half an inch (0.618") and the over-all depth of insertion at only around 4.250" it is not 'large' at all when compared to typical sex toys on the market.

Note: I do not consider these patented devices to be "toys".

Even though I personally prefer a smaller model; I still don't have any problem with the Progasm and get plenty of enjoyment from it.

Scorch.

• [quote=B Mayfield](this post was edited 2007-03-11 11:11:01)

Scorch,

I am aware of a unit that is waiting in the wings that has a lot of what you're looking for. It incorporates many of the features seen in the Progasm in smaller package. I suspect that it will be released in the next several months. The call had been out there for some time for the manufacturer to produce something larger, more aggressive and yet more responsive than the Maximus, ...which is why the Progasm came first. But keep on the lookout for this new one, I think you'll be quite pleased with it as well.

BF Mayfield

You wrote this about 6 months ago...

I am still patiently waiting and still using my modified maximus allot more than the progasm because it's more my size.

Can you please provide an update regarding what is "waiting in the wings"?

I sure would LOVE to see a smaller, smoother version, of the progasm.

And I guess I'll bite the bullet and provide a link to a picture of a couple modifications. Don't know how long this link will last...

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/766553/

I modified the Progasm but rather than completely remove the K tab; I simply made it less active. And I modified the Maximus to actually have a K tab.

Scorch
    }:>