Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

How do you deal with periods of nothing?
  • Apparently it is not uncommon to go through dry spells with little or no pleasure from sessions. How do you deal with that, mentally? How did you get back to having great sessions?

I have tried not to jinx myself by reading negative threads, but, I did read a few. I hate to admit it because I know the good times will return...but, for over a month my sessions have been mainly duds. Now I'm finding myself in a bad mood. Grumpy, like if you don't have coffee or a cigarette in the morning. 

I'm taking an extended break (8 days now) to see if that helps. But, the little pleasure I did have from swollen, possibly overworked muscles, is gone now, and I'm left with nothing.... Grumpy Smoke, is grumpy. Help?
  • XilehXileh
    Hate to say it, but it happens. I've had this same conversation with others and we could not come up with a reason for dry spells occurring.

What we have noticed, is your session routine may change after a dry spell and you return to normal operations. Often your sessions will be more intense. The most helpful suggestion I can offer is not to let yourself become frustrated. Frustration can really kill progress.

Sometimes dry spells can last a while. I've had them go for months. To avoid frustration, I've used the time to focus on the other sensations, no matter how subtle. There is a surprising amount of sensations happening that can't get a word in edgewise when you are chasing Os. Focus on everything else. Acknowledging those little sensations can help your sessions later.

I've also had some success changing models. If your favorite is a Helix, you might try a small Peridise.

Xileh
  • Thank you @Xileh. I'm definitely not frustrated. I do enjoy even the slightest good feeling. And I recognise any change, like breathing more deeply. I just wish the extremely good, moaning into my pillow (almost screaming), rolling around and moving into every position imaginable, sex drunk BLISS, would return...soon. 

I actually started using the third largest Peridise more often recently, just to give my prostate a break (for some reason the second smallest quit giving me anything) and it has been mildly nice. Nothing like the screaming tickle I had before, but it's nice overnight. 

As far as new models goes, I have a Vice coming, thanks to the almost $60 discount on cyber monday. So we'll see how that goes. The new improved Muze should prove interesting ^^
  • rumelrumel
    Xileh said:

Sometimes dry spells can last a while. I've had them go for months. To avoid frustration, I've used the time to focus on the other sensations, no matter how subtle. There is a surprising amount of sensations happening that can't get a word in edgewise when you are chasing Os. Focus on everything else. Acknowledging those little sensations can help your sessions later.

Excellent words of advice.
    There are probably a lot of factors which may induce 'dry spells', I suspect they are mostly subtle changes in our daily living patterns, although there may be some evidence there are long term hormonal cycles that could be influencing these as well. In any event I suggest you learn to be content with any good sensations you do receive without any expectation the former level of sensations will return, they may or they may not. Life has no guarantees and this journey is a part of your life.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image

• Thanks @rumel. I'm suspecting that myself. This dry spell started setting in just as it started getting cold here. I have theorised that it might be a natural slow down in libido due to winter. It's really F-ING cold in the mountains of north Idaho lol. 
  • Thanks @rumel. I'm suspecting that myself. This dry spell started setting in just as it started getting cold here. I have theorised that it might be a natural slow down in libido due to winter. It's really F-ING cold in the mountains of north Idaho lol. 

One of the reasons why I have dedicated a lot of effort to this journey has been to deal with the "Winter Blues" that I had been getting as I've gotten older. So far, we're well into the Winter cycle, with less than a month left on the "shorter days" path before they start getting longer (December 21st), and using Aneros IS helping me to cope. It's been colder than usual in Southern California, albeit never as cold as North Idaho, however, turning on a room heater, lubing up a Eupho, crawling under the covers and letting the p-waves take over feels a whole lot better than being bummed out for 2-3 months! I'm loving it like never before! I still feel some effects of the blues, but not as bad as in previous years! I'll be coming up on my one year anniversary with Aneros in March and I believe it has fulfilled my hopes and expectations more than I really ever expected it could!
  • Alex_xxx
    I took 1 month off after quite a few dud sessions.. after that it took me about 8 days of aneros to get the feelings back.
  • Yup most of us hit the dreaded dud sessions for a while. All good comments on how to deal with them. I choose to just continue as normal and whether nothing happens or not its still good time for relaxation/meditation while enjoying the subtleties of prostate pleasure.
  • Perhaps turn the question around...what are you doing differently in your sessions than when you have good ones? For me, it's inevitably that I'm rushing things. Life is busy, I get a small window, and I want to quickly plug in and have orgasms. That's when I'm most likely to have a dud. I have to slow the process down and focus on getting more aroused before I begin, prepare my nest, shower, get my music or binaural beats ready. I seduce myself slowly.
  • @SaddleUp Nothing is different except that it's colder in my house. I don't rush anything. I just lay down and relax, as usual, and pay attention to any little feeling. Not forcing anything. Actually trying not to contract on it, and let the pleasure build. Unfortunately that just isn't happening. Not long ago, when I'd insert my Helix (or another model) I'd almost fall off the edge of the tub because of the sudden, intense pleasure when it pulls in and finds home. Now it's just...there, with very small moments of pleasure (if any) during a session.
  • Thank you @Theme_Gasm. I had an overnighter with the Helix Syn the night before yesterday, and I woke up in a much better mood. Good enough to carry me through having my truck breakdown in the middle of the highway and having to walk halfway home in negative 3 degrees ferinheight weather lol. That sucked. Fortunately all I needed was new points. I'm still in a better mood than when I started this thread. Maybe going 8 days without a session was a bad idea.
  • We're with you buddy! Being able to have such wonderful feelings, I dare not think that I wouldn't or couldn't ever again, so i suspect that we all share the same concern! Fortunately, they come back, and in my case, they can come back new and improved, and I'm headed for new experiences again! I've yet to get even a hint that these feelings "wear out" or become any less significant than they are now, ONLY better or different, which I find absolutely astounding! ANY other sexual experience has a well defined beginning and end...except when comes to our prostate energies...how unique and incredibly phenomenal is that my friend? As I'm typing this between p-waves, I am overwhelmed with how to best express what I'm feeling right now...words don't do it justice!
  • Love_isLove_is
    I usually deal with it by taking a break from Aneros usage. Sometimes that means I go back to penile masturbation and ejaculatory orgasms. Other times, I completely forget about sexual stuff and focus on other non-sexual things until the urge to have an Aneros session comes back.
  • XilehXileh

That sucked. Fortunately all I needed was new points.

I think something a little stronger would have done a better job of thawing you out. But, don't dwell on it.

Xileh
  • @Xileh No, points for my truck. I drive a 72 Ford F250. I should have known it was the points when the truck didn't want to start the last couple times, but I just figured it was because it's colder than a witche's tit, outside lol.

As far as something stronger goes, my new Vice arrived yesterday. That thing is huge! The size of my average turd. I didn't think it would be easy to insert, but it went in pretty easy. It's alot more comfortable than the Progasm Jr (I quit trying the Jr because it's uncomfortable in every way), so I was able to use it without discomfort for about an hour. I tried all the vibe settings of the new Muze. I felt it more in my sphincters and butt cheeks than in the prostate, but I enjoyed it ^^ The pulse and the strong constant settings were my favorite. Very nice, though I wish the pulse was a little slower between on and off. The Vice did try slipping out a few times during the session, but overall I like it. I leaked quite a bit of precum during the session, and I got some feeling back. Maybe I'll switch to just using the Vice (with and without the Muze) for a couple months and see how that goes.
  • Badger
    I know this is completely off topic, @Wandering_Smoke, but why in the Sam Hill don't you replace the point ignition with a electronic ignition; it'll give you the best spark at all times, and a hotter spark, not to mention they aren't so sensitive to snow or moisture in the engine compartment. Plus, always have a can of WD-40 to dry out the ignition if it does get wet (that's about all it's good for).

I haven't had a good O from my Aneros' in well over a year, due to nerve damage from 3D (Disk Degenerative Disease). Since my surgery last December, I've only had fleeting p-waves every now and then; I remember when either my Progasm or Helix would suck itself in, I would gasp as it immediately pushed out a little precum. But I get none of that these days.

I'm taking a bit of a hiatus whilst I work on a penis-enlarging experiment; so far, I'm seeing some, if only little success.
  • XilehXileh
    @Wandering_Smoke - still off topic, look up Pertronix electronic points. I've installed them in all of my restorations and they work really well.

Xileh
  • @Badger It just didn't seem very important in all the years I've had the truck. I mean, it's an easy fix, and there is warning before the points burn out (normally I recognise it), but now, yeah, I'm going to change over to an electronic ignition. Having the points burn out, where it happened, when it happened, and as fridgedly cold as it was...yeah, it's time to modernise lol. 

@Xileh Thank you. I'll look that up. I've been doing alot of research myself, and I'm still trying to decide exactly what I want. One way or the other, I'm upgrading. 
  • BTW, @Badger I'm so sorry to hear about your problems after surgery. Have your sessions improved at all with time? I think even some P waves are a good sign that you can get back to having great sessions, so just keep at it :) What exactly is Disk Degenerative Disease? 
  • PommiePommie
    @Badger,
    I sent you a PM but forgot (until after I had pushed the 'Send' button), to express my commiseration for your current condition. Is there any hope that your problem will go away? If so, I sincerely hope that it happens soon.

Good Luck!
  • Badger
    @Wandering_Smoke The problem grew before I had the surgery; things have been pretty much at a standstill, with little if no new progress. Every once in a while, I'll get a strong p-wave that will wake me up (overnighters is the only time I have for sessions anymore), making me think that things might be getting better.

Degenerative Disk Disease is a form of osteoarthritis, where the bone in the disk area wants to fuse together, and the disks just deflate like an inner tube with a slow leak. They've never figured out how to cure it, and the only way to treat it is to fuse the affecting spinal columns together.

@Pommie I replied to your PM, but something odd happened and when I tried to click again to send, I got some odd error message and everything was lost. Did it show up?

I recently had what appears to be a setback, where aching pain shot down my leg to my foot like before surgery. All I was doing was pushing an empty shopping cart around a store, which seems to aggravate the problem. My back had been tender before that from looking over my shoulder while unhooking a 3-point implement from my tractor. I'm not sure if I should call the surgeon's office (I'm not sure where the number went, either), and due to the "free health care", I don't know if it will be covered.
  • @Badger Yikes, that...sucks. I imagine it's very painful. Then to lose most of the sensitivity in your prostate and the rest of your rectum....must be a hard loss. I still think that since you can have fleeting P-waves during overnighters, it shows that not everything is gone. I think that with patience and time, you can get back what you've lost.
  • PommiePommie
    @Badger,
    Nothing in my inbox but thanks for trying anyway.
  • Hello @Pommie. I've wanted to say hi to you and a few others for quite awhile. I just don't think I'm in the same ballpark yet. 
  • PommiePommie
    @Wandering_Smoke,
    Please expand on this.
    If I can help, let me know and send me a PM if you wish.
    I'm all ears!
    Cheers, Pommie
  • I live in Washington, DC, USA near the epicenter of nasty politics which played out in the recent government shutdown which happened in the first part of October just past. At that time, I fell into a funk, depressed in fact. It was getting cold here. Apartment management didn't turn on the heat until around October 16. Some years they have turned it on until the end of October. So I can relate to @Wandering_Smoke's problems with the cold and Anerosing.

Fortunately I still felt my awakened prostate softly purring away during my long hiatus which was reassuring. I still had concerns as I went without Aneros sessions for over two weeks. Finally I began a session starting with Eupho Syn. Eupho Syn worked on me like never before. I was up and running!!! ;)

I have my Aneros sessions first thing most mornings around 6 a.m. I heat my apartment to a comfortable level before I begin. @Wandering_Smoke, can you did that at your house in Northern Idaho?

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • Fortunately I still felt my awakened prostate softly purring away during my long hiatus which was reassuring. I still had concerns as I went without Aneros sessions for over two weeks. Finally I began a session starting with Eupho Syn. Eupho Syn worked on me like never before. I was up and running!!! ;)

I have my Aneros sessions first thing most mornings around 6 a.m. I heat my apartment to a comfortable level before I begin.

Finally, us men have a way to deal with some of the issues that get us down once in a while that doesn't involve drugs or alcohol!

"Rewiring is not illegal"

Theme_Gasm
  • I agree with you, @Theme_Gasm. ;)

I have been using the various Aneros models for nearly eighteen months now. I haven't experienced a Super-O yet, but almost all my sessions are laden with pleasure!!! When I work with my Aneros team, I just let myself relax and enter the pleasure, and see where it leads me.

The Aneros has certainly gotten me in touch with my body like never before, even at age 64. I use my Aneros models not only for anal and prostate stimulation and conditioning, but also for a mood enhancer. Most of all, I feel so alive and male with my Aneros buddies.

Thom./BigGlansDC

P.S. But I have had for the last several months a question I want to ask you all. Generally I have my Aneros sessions three to four times a week. Saturday mornings are the best times when I can have long unhurried, pleasurable, and even rugged sessions.

But can you use the Aneros, say every day? Say if you have rugged session every other day with short, less intense sessions on off days in between. I am taking this analogy from my working out at the university field house in my neighborhood. There I would do weight training three times a week, with swimming and running thrown in every day. I had this routine many years ago.
  • Sure you can! That's very similar to what I do!
  • XilehXileh

Finally, us men have a way to deal with some of the issues that get us down once in a while that doesn't involve drugs or alcohol!

So very well stated.

The last couple of years for me have been very difficult with aging parents, the losses, disposing of houses and helping the survivors cope with grief and health issues. I'm also wrapping up the most difficult project of my career. It has been brutal. The stress has caused me to be more open to illness and depression.

The Aneros has presented a distraction and a new found opportunity to meditate. I often forgo chasing O's, and just enjoy the sensations and warmth. My sessions have evolved from being primarily sensual, to also restorative. This was unexpected since I started by seeking relief from BPH.

I have also found a great deal of comfort in sharing (about many things) with other men. I value this connection more than I expected since I have never had the opportunity to share before at this level - again about many topics. Thank you.

Xileh
  • Xileh said:

So very well stated.

The last couple of years for me have been very difficult with aging parents, the losses, disposing of houses and helping the survivors cope with grief and health issues. I'm also wrapping up the most difficult project of my career. It has been brutal. The stress has caused me to be more open to illness and depression.

The Aneros has presented a distraction and a new found opportunity to meditate. I often forgo chasing O's, and just enjoy the sensations and warmth. My sessions have evolved from being primarily sensual, to also restorative. This was unexpected since I started by seeking relief from BPH.

I have also found a great deal of comfort in sharing (about many things) with other men. I value this connection more than I expected since I have never had the opportunity to share before at this level - again about many topics. Thank you.

Xileh

I second your sentiments quite sincerely!

"Rewiring is not a crime"

Theme_Gasm