Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Help - Very Smelly Vice
  • CA25CA25
    I just purchased a Vice and had my first session. I am upgrading from a Helix. Wow, the size makes a big difference (no pun intended.) It feels amazing. Still working on all of the different vibrations. The vibrator fit is actually a bit loose, causing it to make noise when I move to certain positions. Looking forward to more sessions and learning about what is possible. At least I hope to move forward. After my first session I removed the Vice and noticed that the entire bathroom smelled like a sewer; even after I cleaned it twice. The after-odor was really pungent. I have never had that problem with my helix (original white version.) I then washed it again with a different type of soap, and then rubbed it down with alcohol. It still smells really bad. No longer room-filling bad, but still very noticeable and disturbing. Is there a solution to this problem?
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can boil it. I know you can boil the non-silicone models. Do you douche before a session? That helps alot. Makes for a better session too. A coating of vaseline might help protect your Aneros from offensive smells. My Helix and Eupho Syns don't smell like anything except the light odor of silicone. The Helix did stink for a few days once when I didn't clean out first and got some "stool" stuck to it though. 
  • CA25CA25
    I will try boiling I guess. It's pretty disgusting. Really, really disappointed in this aspect. Especially for the price paid for this thing.
  • rookrook
    I think that Vaseline and fat (shea butter) based lubes tend to mix with any residual crap so prefer to douche before any serious session.   I've noted a slow accumulation of a filmy residue on all of my Aneros toys and it's more stubborn to remove from the Vice and Helix-syn even using a vigorous scrub with soap and a washcloth.

I've settled on an occasional run through the dishwasher.   Top rack, normal cycle and temperature-boost off.   Good to unload and retrieve your toys right after it shuts off so that you don't shock house guests or distant relatives :)

• PommiePommie
    I have found that with all the silicone models, a vigorous rubbing of the tool after a few trips, just using my bare hands, seems to remove a thin film of residue, (probably accumulated shea butter), and this helps also to remove the unpleasant odour.
  • Badger

Another thing you can try is peroxide; it is a powerful disinfectant.  I've used it in the past to clean up a smelly toy.  I usually rub it down with toilet paper after removing and then let it rinse under hot water for several minutes before soaping it up.

Do you coat your Vice with an oil-based lube?  On my regular Aneros', I coat them with either Vaseline or Un-Petroleum Jelly; that seems to prevent odors from getting stuck in the devices.

• isvara
    I wash with hand liquid detergent then I anoint Vice with Tee Tree antiseptic cream 50mg/g Melaleuca oil, water soluble. Leave for a while then wash off. The lasting result is a lasting neutral smell with a hint of Tee Tree leaves. There is no trace of the most unpleasant smell the vice seems to pick up.