Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Overnight wear?
  • I've heard that wearing an aneros overnight can be beneficial in strengthening the muscles that are crucial in proper aneros movement that leads to a real super O.

Is it also true that overnight wear can inadvertently lead to waking you up in the middle of the night causing O's?

How often should you wear it during sleep if you're seeking to strengthen muscles?
  • This varies for most people.  Some do get awoken with O's others like myself have gotten nothing from sleeping with  a device in.  Not sure on muscle strengthening.  I would think it would not strengthen anything if there is no muscle movement.  Do your muscles twitch and move when your sleeping?  Its hard to say if your not awake to know.  I guess its possible, involuntaries kicking in when your asleep.
  • I've slept with the Peradice a couple of times. Never had any involuntaries or super-o wake me, but I could definitely feel some muscle soreness the next day from the extended session.
  • I sleep with the eupho most nights and usually wake up feeling rested. Occasionally during the night I wake up to p-waves and mini O s and don't get back to sleep right away because I'm having fun. Often I wake up in the morning to p-waves which is very pleasant. I don't have super O s yet so I'm not worried about them. I don't know for sure whether it's strengthened my pelvic floor muscles. I just have to make sure to use enough lube the night before.
  • I've slept with the original Helix and also the Persidise models.  I have yet to awaken to any orgasmic sensations with either.  However, the sleep is pleasant, and I do find a nice buzzing down there the next day after
  • BigOluverBigOluver
    I sleep with my Helix Syn all the time. I love waking up to a hard orgasming dick. It is the best alarm clock lol I have only slept with my progasm once. Not ready for that again yet.
  • Oh my God, BigOluver. "Sleeping" with a progasm!
  • BigOluverBigOluver
    @euphemistic I only did it once brother. Didn't get any sleep cause I kept orgasming all night into the morning and became very cranky cause of no sleep. But ending up having two wet orgasms in the process. 
  • I often keep the Helix in overnight. I've not awakened into an orgasm but have awakened and was able almost immediately to initiate very successful sessions super-o-wise. I wouldn't recommend keeping it in if you've had any irritation or pain from your session. And if your session has been the opposite of a "do-nothin" one, with vigorous, voluntary moving of the device, I would remove it rather than sleeping with it. In a side comment, I have "overdone" it this past weekend a bit. I had three sessions in one day and now feel I'd better let up for several days before resuming. This may be in part because of some indigestion which has caused some rectal irritation.
  • I've found that sleeping with my Helix Syn does help strengthen the PC muscles, but they feel sluggish in the morning. That stops me from having a session that day. Right now I sleep with one (either the Peridise, Helix Syn or Eupho Syn) once every 2 weeks, instead of having a session that day. I think its good to let your subconscious take full control sometimes. Like how dreaming helps you work through stuff you've been thinking about during the day.

I'm not at the O level yet, but it does wake me up moaning every couple hours when I sleep with one. There is no better way to be woken up ;) I'll probably sleep with one more often when my PC muscles are strong enough to have a daytime session on the same day.

Basically, in the beginning its an either/or situation for your poor weak ass lol. 
  • rookrook
    Just a reminder.... the "Manufacturer" recommends not leaving a toy inside when you go to sleep.

Many times the Forum cautions on this practice focus only on running out of lube during an "over-niter," implying that you are probably GTG overnight if you use an oil/fat based lube.

I've seldom overnighted but last night temptation led me to bed (adequately lubed) with my Helix-syn.  I seldom get the shakes and when I do I'm quick to quell them.   Unfortunately,  I lost control and by the time I awakened I was both bloody and bruised., (Gory details are in my Blog.)
  • I've never really gotten into overnight sessions, but if I wake up early ( around 5 - 6am ) and don't have to get up for a couple of hours, I'll slip one of my Aneros toys in and " try" to go back to sleep. A couple of mornings ago I did this and had one of my best sessions ever! I slipped the smallest Peradice in and went back to bed. About 20 - 30 minutes later, I was half awake, half asleep, in other words probably totally relaxed, and the feeling just slowly kept building and then exploded, but in a steady, cascading series of O's that lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. This just keeps getting better all the time! Not every session is as good as the last, but part of the joy is never knowing what you're going to get next.
  • I'm a believer in overnight sessions. Regarding the issue of overnight lube, I'm experimenting with two types. One is a unit dose of solid coconut oil in a foil envelope that I cut a corner off and insert a straw (think sippy cup), then insert the straw into me and squeeze the envelope like a tube of toothpaste. The other lube is pure aloe Vera liquid via a dropper. I like the coconut oil because it melts as it goes in but is a very thick and viscous oil so keeps me moist. I like the aloe Vera because it's gentle on my insides and has healing properties but don't know how long it stays moist. I'm sensitive to water-based lubes so the aloe is perfect. Has anyone tried aloe Vera? Sounds like it may be what you need to heal your wounds, rook.
  • I have tried this before but I failed. Even there were some good feelings at the beginning, I fell asleep and wake up the next morning. Nothing happened in the mid-night. It just didn't work for me. I wonder how good a session can be if you are in a sleepy state.
  • Follow up to my beta testing of aloe Vera as a lube overnight, it doesn't last all night. Ouch. But it does work for a regular day session lasting a couple of hours.
  • PommiePommie
    @euphemistic,
    Sorry to hear that your aloe Vera failed.
    Have you tried unrefined shea butter?
    IMHO, it beats all others, (including Vaseline), in a canter !
  • The problem I have with all the solid.oils is how to get it in. The coconut oil unit doses with the straw works great, quick and easy and premeasured. How do you get the shea butter in?
  • PommiePommie
    @euphemistic,
    At room temperature, it is literally the consistency of butter, so:
    First up, cover the selected tool with it as if using Vaseline or any other substance of similar kind.

If you wish to pre-lube, which I do, make a ball-shaped plug about the size of a broad bean and either chill or freeze in your fridge. This will make it solid enough to insert but it will melt at body temperature.

I have heard of some users who have obtained moulds (similar to ice-cream moulds) with which they can make batches of shea butter plugs but I have no personal experience with this. You're really only looking for plugs about 2/3 tsp or 1.5ml in volume. I find that a kitchen scoop that measures 1/4 tsp ideal for scooping the right amount from the jar in which I store my supply.

A jar containing 250ml shea butter lasts me about six months.

Hope that helps.
  • Turnrow

Pommie.  Do you buy your unrefined shea butter online or at a pharmacy in the U.S.????

Thanks for an excellent description on amounts, methods, and results.  Can you provide links to what you are using????

• marc33
    I have been using unrefined shea from vitamin shoppe it is about $15.00 . I went to target and at the pharmacy they will give you a 5ml inector tell them you need to give your dog so meds. I pack the she in the injector and set it hot water for about a min and it turns into a liquid then I shoot it in. That has worked well for me
  • I have purchased shea butter on Amazon. To use it, I'll scoop some out and roll 2 or 3 little balls of it about the size of a pea. Put a dab of lube on your finger, I use Maximus, lube up the opening of your anus to about your second knuckle. Then slide the little balls of shea butter in as far as you like. Be careful about cleanliness. I will get everything ready and put the balls of shea butter on a scrap of paper so there's no chance of contaminating the whole jar of butter. Oh yeah, I've never refrigerated the shea butter either. If you can slide it in pretty quickly after picking it up, you shouldn't have any issues with it melting in your hand too soon.
  • Thanks, Pommie and all. I'm off to the store to get the shea butter cream. I had tried a blend of Shea butter, cocao butter and coconut oil from the drug store previously, just to lube the aneros, and felt some irritation. It probably contained something toxic. I'll give pure Shea butter a try.
  • I tried the shea butter ball this afternoon but I think I didn't use enough because the progasm felt rough. I made a dine size ball but it got messy going in so I don't know how much actually made it inside. I'll put it in the frig next time.
  • I find that coating the unit with a layer of shea butter followed by a layer of water based lubricant works wonders.  Simple and to the point.
  • PommiePommie
    @Turnrow et al,
    Sorry for you chums, but I live in Melbourne, Australia. I guess I'm just lucky!

I order my shea butter from a company called "Shea Butter Australia Pty Ltd". They are based locally but will only supply through the mail. I buy it in small tubs of 500ml a time and then store it in 250ml Pyrex jars in my bar fridge. Keeping it in the fridge probably improves its shelf-life.

For much of the year, even in Melbourne, the room temperature is too high to handle shea butter in solid form and it is for this reason that I chill it before insertion. For all that, it generally isn't so hot that the stuff is liquid at room temperature either. It's mostly like a crumbly paste.

@marc33, I hadn't thought of using it as a liquid but I might just try your suggestion to see how that works for me. I tend to reserve syringes for shooting a pre-lube of KY gel before early morning sessions. The problem as I see it with injecting shea butter is that it really needs to be liquid to start with.

BTW, to everyone, be sure that the shea butter you use is certified unrefined. Only that way can you be sure that it doesn't contain undesirables!

• @Pommie. If you want to load a syringe with the shea butter, pull the plunger out of the bottom tube, pack in little balls of butter, replace the plunger and put it in a glass of hot water. Then you should be good to go.
  • PommiePommie
    @OneEyedWillie,
    Of course! I'm an idiot! Why didn't I think of that?