Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Need Advice: Groin Muscle Pull/Injury
  • AneRico
    I need some advice from experienced users.

I have a minor groin muscle pull from Aneros use.  I'm resting it of course.

What I'd like to know is this:  How do I avoid this in the future?  Should I be more cautious about keeping the muscles in the floor of my pelvis relaxed?  Will this just solve itself over time as I use the Aneros and build better muscle definition in my pelvis?  Should I do some mild stretching prior to sessions (if so, what exact technique?)?

Any and all advice appreciated.
  • I have had it before too and it just seemed to go away by itself. Your groin will get stronger as you go on, not to say it wont happen again.
    Everything in moderation.
  • rookrook

In additiion to regular Kegel and simple pre-session stretching exercises, don't overlook body hydration before and during a session.   I drink a half bottle (small) of Gatorade during my pre-session shower and keep the bottle on my nightstand to sip on during the session.

My doc emphasizes that as we age we generate less sense of thirst to signal dehydration so must "force fluids" throughout the day and particularly during any event that could result in "Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness"  (DOMS).    See:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1323290/.

hope this helps ....   rook