Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

EDIT!!! Progasm Jr Now down to $34.52 Free Shipping - Amazon.com
  • AneRico
    Just an FYI.  If you want to strike while the iron is hot...

[link removed]
  • Jspad
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. :)
  • You need to sort out the absolutely shocking manufacturing of this device ,
    people in the UK are paying double this and its a disgrace that alot of people are having to sort the bad moulding process out themselves.
    BLOODY DISGRACE
  • Keep in mind if buying a Pro. Jr. you may need to do some sanding and polishing on the seams as there are several complaints about a pronounced casting line, mine included.
  • I think a little TLC (sanding) is a small price to pay for something that will give you years of great pleasure. I don't have any of the Progasm models yet BTW. I'm going to buy a Maximus next month, but I'm VERY happy with my Syns and the little Peridise demons :)
  • AneRico
    Edited OP title due to price drop I just saw today.

P.S. I'm handy with tools and am aware of the seam problems some owners are having.
  • AneRico
    Right now, at this moment (Friday Sept. 27, 8:18am EDT) the price shows $36.75.  

Obviously this seller is moving the price point around freely.  So I won't update prices anymore.

However, I got my Progasm Jr from them the NEXT DAY (just the luck of delivery I guess), and there were NO FLAWS to it.  No sharp seam, ....nothing wrong.
  • Jspad
    Hmm... When I get mine I hope I don't find any problems. But if I do, I'll know to sand and polish it. What do you use to do that though? I assume for the first part I'd need sandpaper? And then what would I use to polish it? I've never done sanding/polishing before.
  • AneRico
    Mine arrived flawless.  I'd suggest you wait till you get yours and inspect it.

There's another discussion here about a guys poorly made Progasm Jr and others have laid out the sanding/polishing steps.
  • Jspad
    I just got it today, and inspected it. I don't know if it will be a problem, but it does have a more prominent seam than I've seen before. Most of my models it isn't noticeable, on the progasm it's smooth and more of a slight inward indent, but on this pro jr. it's a lot more obvious. I think I'll want to sand and polish it. Where are these steps by the way? I don't know the first thing about sanding and polishing a delicate instrument like this.
  • Badger
    Buy yourself a headlight polishing kit; you'll get the wet sandpaper necessary to rub out the seam, and progressively finer wet sandpaper to smooth out the grooves cut by the previous, coarser wet sandpaper.  When you've gone all the way through the different grits, use the polishing compound on the buffing wheel included with the kit.  Use a cordless drill on the slow setting at first, just to prevent slinging the polishing compound everywhere.  Keep polishing it until it is as smooth as you desire, or reflective.  Wash off thoroughly with hot, soapy water.  Lube up and enjoy.
  • Jspad
    Well, I bought sandpaper today and sanded the device. It doesn't exactly look pretty, but it's smooth. I started at 120 grit, then 400, 800, 1500, then 2000 grit. It looks a little scratchy, but feels pretty smooth and the seam is no longer there. Tested it out today and found no problems.
  • AneRico
    Excellent Jspad.

I suppose if you wanted you could go to the next step and polish out the remaining sanding marks.  Not sure it matters if the thing feels right.
  • Badger
    Polishing it to a smooth, shiny finish not only makes it extra slippery like the Progasm Ice, but it's easier to clean and keep clean.
  • Jspad
    Ok, what kind of polish should I use?
  • Badger
    The polish comes in the headlight polishing kit.  If not, Flitz on a buffer wheel (drill or bench) will work as well.
  • I ordered mine from amazon a few months back and a low price.  It arrived in perfect condition
  • Jspad
    I don't have a headlight polishing kit lol.
  • ctusserctusser
    @ Jspad
    You can use a fine automotive rubbing compound as well.
  • After reading this, I decided to get one. I got it on Amazon for $32.32 from the seller "SellLogic". Mine arrived a day early and it has no flaws. 
  • Bought mine from same seller at 32.27$ it's an unbeatable price for this kind of toy. should be in my mail.box in one or two weeks
  • AneRico
    I'm glad to hear about the awesome deals you guys are getting.  

I'm also glad to hear about the sanding/polishing techniques.  

Great stuff, guys.  Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions