Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Problem with lube
  • Hi folks, i'm trying to find the good lube, i tried ky liquid, olive oil, and it always feels it's not lubing enough in there
    even if when im done, the olive oil squirt out. any suggestion ?
  • maybe your not using enough?  most i think inject about 5ml of lube after coating the device.  I guess shea butter is good, though not familiar with it.  I use extra virgin olive oil and somtimes gun oil, i find both effective and coat my device with vaseline or a&d ointment.
  • Badger
    Try Slippery Stuff Gel; it's super slippery, super long-lasting, and anal-safe.  Not to mention you can get a 16oz pumper for under $20 online.  I inject it and rub a thin coat of either Vaseline or Un-Petroleum Jelly on my Aneros.
  • PommiePommie
    @sublevel,
    Many users on this forum including me, strongly recommend certified unrefined shea butter. I'm not sure where you live but I am sure you will be able to find a local supplier by doing an internet search.

Prior to each session, I insert a small chilled plug of shea butter (approximately 5gm) and follow this with the selected toy that has been covered with a thin film of shea butter.
    Injecting about 3ml of some water-based lube may make it easier (and I usually do this as well).
    This combination lasts all night and is easy to clean up.

I have found that any oil-based lube tends to leak onto the bed and is more difficult to clean up.

If I am in a hurry, travelling or am setting up a session on the spur of the moment, I find that a coating of Vaseline on the tool (without using a shea butter plug), is an acceptable alternative but this is also not quite as easy to clean up afterwards.

I am sure that if you can get unrefined shea butter, you will not be disappointed.

Good Luck!
  • I have tried many different lubes,but the best for me is the Sessions lube from Aneros.
    It is very slick,lasts an entire session,cleans up easily.It is made with plant materials and
    should be better for you than some of the others.I inject a small amount then coat the toy
    with vasoline and top it off with a little more Sessions.Worth a try,good luck!!
  • XilehXileh
    I've recently been trying "You'll Never Know It Isn't Boy Butter, Personal Lubricant, H20" (hate the name). It is made with shea butter and has the best longevity of any I've tried yet with no sensitivity issues.

Xileh
  • @xileh, is that kinda like "I can't believe its not buttter?" LOL
  • XilehXileh
    Yea, basically! I don't care what your gender preference, it's not something I'd walk into the local store and buy. Good product though.
  • Tx for all the suggestion
  • @xileh, anything with the term "boy butter" is definitely not aimed towards straight people LOL.  On a more serious note, I actually might try it though, i've always wanted to try shea butter but couldnt really find it around my parts.
  • @Xileh & @ineverknew 
    Exactly. That name is something I would not buy from a store I normally go to, or even with a card online, but, name really means nothing. Quality is everything. That's all that matters. That being said, I'm enjoying trying different mixes I read about here. I have one of those party type ice cube trays from Fred Meyers. I THANK YOU, whoever it was that got the idea to melt Shea butter into those trays XD. 
  • Ok, i just bought SANEMA SHEA BUTTER, wasn't expecting it to be solid, 
    you just cut a little bit , and stick it in, then it melt, is that right?
    or I have to pre-heat it to have it in a liquid state?

tx for the help, i just rub my finger on it, and it dont feel like ky liquid, its more like butter, is that right?
  • Make 2 or 3 pea size balls of the shea butter, lube your anus a little bit with your favorite lube then push in the balls of shea butter. I'll put a thin coat of shea butter on the Aneros and then coat it with some lube and then insert. This method has really worked well for me.
  • @OneEyedWillie That way is a bit messy. I personally couldn't get anything in when I tried rolling it by hand. @ineverknew Try to find an ice cube tray that makes little bullet shaped ice cubes. Melt your Shea butter in there. Put it in the fridge so they're hard enough to get out of the tray in one piece. Then keep them in the fridge so they're solid enough to put inside you. 
  • isvara
    @sublevel, the Shea Butter should melt below body temperature, guessing around 34C, the body being around 38C. If it does not become liquid then there are some additives in it. It should say "Unrefined" that is no additives.
  • rookrook
    I blend shea butter with another vegetable oil.  Usually 1/3 coconut oil or 1/8 almond or walnut oil.

That blend can melt very quickly when touched, particularly in the summertime.   I store the pellets in the freezer then drop a few into a small glass of ice water to keep them solid while I prep and shower.

Like Pommie and Badger I will sometimes inject a few cc's of Slippery Stuff (gel) which makes a nice emulsion with the Shea Butter.....  particularly nice with the Helix-syn.

I haven't yet tried Sessions so don't know how that might play with butter & oil lubes.  Might be a real winner.
  • I inject some organic avocado oil because it's one of the thickest, if not the thickest vegetable oil and stays viscous through long sessions. Unlike coconut oil it is liquid at room temperature so it's injectable and has the consistency of motor oil so it keeps my pistons in good running order. And when I'm done, it comes out of me the color orange, I don't know why.
  • JMay
    Precum is perfect.
  • Earl
    I typically inject silicone (~5 ml) and coat Aneros with Vaseline and then a top coat of baby oil gel.  Works great.  In cooler weather, I sometimes sub silicone for a few small coconut oil balls. For shorter sessions, I use the Vaseline/BOG only.  I like BOG in general.  It can leave a dark spot on the sheets but comes out in the wash. 
  • Here is my tip guys..

Take a straw, melt one end an clamp it with tongs. Fill it with vaseline or shea butter. Melt other end and do the same. Put it in the freezer and cut of as much as you need for each time ;) insert easy :)
  • thanks for the straw tip....sound pretty nice

vaseline/bog what is bog?
  • @sublevel, i think BOG was referring to baby oil gel.
  • Earl
    Correct - BOG is baby oil gel
  • Well.. the best tip may be to buy medical vaseline in a tube and a syringe 5ml. I pull the "push part" of the syringe out the back, fill it with vaseline then squirt it in there. Works like a charm. If you wanna do the straw thing you need to mix the vaseline with some waterbased lube first (if not it won`t really freeze all that well".
  • I found a good product for pre-lubing before a session. It's an organic coconut oil in solid form wrapped in individual half once foil envelopes. They're intended for cooking and I got a ten-pack at the health food store. You're supposed to rub them in your hands to melt the oil but it works better if you keep it solid or even refrigerate it. To pre-lube I tear the envelope open at one end, fold the end at both sides so it makes a V shape (think toothpaste tube), insert it in as far as it will go making sure it's aimed at the right place, and squirt in a half ounce of coconut oil. No mess, no measuring. Then just throw the envelope away. It's called Kelapo.
  • Tomasheen
    I use Maxidus, a water based lube available in the UK from Lovehoney. Excellent. I do water it down a little because it is too viscous for my dropper. I read recently a post by Mr. mayfield and he suggested using KY on the Aneros. I tried this ie. Maxidus inside and a thin coating of KY on the Aneros. The results were truly excellent. The Aneros was so free to move about and the resulting pleasures were very rewarding. Also I did not feel that the lube was be ing swept off the tool on entry. Worth a try.
  • Badger
    There's also Slippery Stuff Gel; it's super slick, super thick, and super long-lasting.  It's also tested as anal-safe.  It can be found for under $20 for a 16oz. pumper online.  I inject it with a Lube-Shooter type device.  I like to coat my Aneros with a thin coating of either Vaseline or Un-Petroleum Jelly.
  • Tx guys, very helpfull info, 
    by the way, it's me sublevel , i had to sign-up again, problem with server, and my old nick is in use
    by me, lol