Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

New To Aneros
  • I want to purchase my first Aneros upon the advice of my urologist. I have prostetitus and he told me it is hard to treat. I am on IV antibiotics for the next month. He told me about Aneros. I would like to purchase the "Vice" since it has the MUZE option. Am I making a mistake as a newbie? Should I go with a slimmer model? Also does Aneros make any other massager that the MUZE wand can be inserted into?

Thanks to all who reply.

• The vice is the only model that a want can be inserted into. That may well be your best bet if your main concern is helping prostetitus. Although, if you have any inflammation in your prostate, you may find its size painful.

I personally think the helix is great for all beginners. Even the smaller modules such as the eupho help my urine flow, so its probably mostly a preference call.
  • rumelrumel
    sjcrystal,

Welcome to the Aneros Forums.

In regards to choosing a first Aneros model, I recommend that you first read the following : The Best Aneros model is...
    sjcrystal said:

I would like to purchase the "Vice" since it has the MUZE option. Am I making a mistake as a newbie? Should I go with a slimmer model? Also does Aneros make any other massager that the MUZE wand can be inserted into?

Given the information about your current prostatitis, I would definitely NOT recommend the VICE or any massager with vibration at this time. I you do, in fact, have a bacterial infection then you do not want to overly agitate your prostate and possibly move that bacteria into your bloodstream. Additionally the VICE is nearly equal in size to the Progasm (Aneros' largest model) this model may apply more pressure to an already inflamed prostate causing even more discomfort, not what you want right now. If you are going to effectively combine prostate massage with the antibiotic regime, then I would recommend you go with either the SGX or MGX models and use only very gentle PC contractions to massage your prostate. You will not want to use strong anal sphincter muscle contractions as that may provide too aggressive a massage.

The VICE is currently the only Aneros model into which the MUZE vibrator will fit.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • slimjm
    Interesting and encouraging to know your urologist suggested home prostate massage measures to you.  I'd wait until any danger of worsening or spreading a bacterial prostate infection has passed (and your urologist should be a good guide for you in that regard) and then try something more comfortable and medium sized to start out with.  I think that the newer softer Helix, the "Helix Syn" would be hard to beat in that regard.  I seem to do best with it and with the slimmest model of them all, the Eupho, and note improvement in prostate symptoms and urine flow with what I would describe as fairly regular use of either, which is about a time or two a week on average for me.