Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

BUYER BEWARE!
  • Guys... What can I say? I so wanted this product to be everything they said it was - I saw it online and said "WOW! That's the one..."

Sadly. Not the case. First of all, Aneros' products are very uncomfortable. Hard, tough, unyielding PLASTIC. If you've tried other anal stimulation before, you know that silicone is the way to go - plastic is one of the most uncomfortable materials to use in such a sensitive area.

I'm bisexual, and have tried other products. I'm afraid that straight or bi men will turn to Aneros for their first anal experience, and be completely turned off. Don't give up! Try other products.. but BEWARE. Until Aneros comes out with something more comfortable - stay away!

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2006-08-06 11:28:54)

newnewyorker,

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I must point out that it is no accident the Aneros was created from a hard, smooth non-porous material. Understand that the Aneros functions much as a lever, with a lever arm, fulcrum etc. If you remember your physics, an effective lever must have rigidity in order for it to perform properly. I take your point that the material is far more dense than most other anal toys out there, however, most other anal toys are of a MUCH LARGER scale, making a soft pliable material an absolute must. Having been a contributor in this forum for some years now, I've seen many comments with respect to the Aneros' size. In some instances they are from men who are new to anal play who have concerns about the whole notion of anal insertion to begin with. From what I've witnessed, over a period of time, most of these individuals become accustomed to the device, provided that an adequate amount of lubrication is used. In a small number of cases it requires one of the smaller units to get them over the hump. On the other end of the spectrum are the comments from gay and bisexual men who are astonished at the Aneros' comparatively diminutive stature . Many of these individuals go straight to the largest model in the product line...thinking that they will need the largest size. If this forum is testimony to anything, it's that anal novices and anal vets alike have been pleasantly surprised by the Aneros.

In contrast to other toys, this device has been designed along anatomical lines, as opposed to some vague erotic aesthetic. So many of the adult toys have been designed for visual stimulation and titilation (i.e.,.I wonder what it would be like to insert something that looks like that...) as opposed to any true functional perspective. Most if not all other anal toys require some measure of manipulation, that is, you must work them...or have someone else work them for you. The Aneros stands alone in this regard.

For the record I must state that I've personally experimented with a wide variety of adult toys, including just about everything that has been "designed" for anal/prostate stimulation. The majority of it is junk comprised of materials that you would never want inside you (pthalates...very pliable...not healthy). Of course there are some other toys that are fun too. In my opinion, they just a different experience, one again that requires some very active process to engage.

If you're experience with the Aneros was not satisfying for you (as seems likely from your comments), I'm sorry about it. Honestly, for me it opened up a whole new world of sensation and sexual fulfillment (one that I was unable to attain by other means). Ever since that first time, I've wanted every other guy out there to share in that. In the end however, we all have our personal preferences. I would encourage you not to discard your Aneros and keep at it for a while longer (perhaps paying greater attention to lubrication than you might ordinarily do). In the event that you feel done for now...I would suggest that you hang on to Aneros and perhaps revisit it at a later time. This forum has numerous posts from individuals who did just that and found success once they approached the process with a beginner's mind .

For the time being...... may you find your way as pleasant....

BF Mayfield
  • Edit
    newnewyorker,

For what it's worth, as a "hetero" male who has never come close to inserting ANYTHING through the back door, besides the dreaded visit to the urologist - my experience with the Aneros has been a revelation.
    I was looking for something to massage the prostate, as I deal with BPH (benign prostate hypertrophy) - enlarged prostate - and my reasearch indicated that massage therapy could help.

My first experience with it was negative - shocking, painful, and frightening! I contacted support and recieved swift, patient feedback.

I approached my subsequent tries with patience, read the forums, and eventually relaxed into one of the most amazing journeys of my life.
    That litte piece of plastic has helped me to be able to sit comfortably in chairs for extended periods, and the most amazing thing happened.
    I truly sought out the Aneros as solely a "medical" device, and stumbled on an AMAZING sexual component that I HAD NO IDEA WAS THERE!

Man, let me tell you "IT IS REAL"!!! WOW!!!

I'm quite happy, my wife is quite happy, and that is pretty cool.

I think the key word is "PATIENCE", with an open, or "BEGINNERS MIND", and great doors may open for you too.
    The Aneros is not "fast food" at a drive through window, it is a lovely feast, meant to be savoured, and experienced slowly and sensually...

I agree with BF Mayfield.

Good luck to you,
    Peace,

L.T.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: newnewyorker
    Guys... What can I say? I so wanted this product to be everything they said it was - I saw it online and said "WOW! That's the one..."

Sadly. Not the case. First of all, Aneros' products are very uncomfortable. Hard, tough, unyielding PLASTIC. If you've tried other anal stimulation before, you know that silicone is the way to go - plastic is one of the most uncomfortable materials to use in such a sensitive area.

I'm bisexual, and have tried other products. I'm afraid that straight or bi men will turn to Aneros for their first anal experience, and be completely turned off. Don't give up! Try other products.. but BEWARE. Until Aneros comes out with something more comfortable - stay away!

I tend to agree with you, but I also believe that the only way the Aneros can do its job is to be produced as it is. I think a perfect compromise would be for Aneros to retain the current models, but, apply a thin layer of the new sensaskin that is used on dildos. It feels just like a real dick.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: Terry
    I tend to agree with you, but I also believe that the only way the Aneros can do its job is to be produced as it is. I think a perfect compromise would be for Aneros to retain the current models, but, apply a thin layer of the new sensaskin that is used on dildos. It feels just like a real dick.

I want nothing that looks like or feels like a 'real dick' anywhere near my anus.
  • Edit
    not yet.

• Originally Posted By: mobilesub

Originally Posted By: Terry

I want nothing that looks like or feels like a 'real dick' anywhere near my anus.

I would have to agree. This device will not work without ample sexual arousal, and another guys junk just does not do it for me. If that is your thing, that is cool, but it would most likely not work for me and many other users.
  • Edit
    Newyorknewyork, if you have other soft anal toys use them first get warmed up, then put in the small aneros and watch it work wonders for you. be a little more patient you have posters here for more than 2 years teaching you how to do this, it does work just chill a little first.
  • I really don't care how the Aneros Stimulators look like or feel. Once they are put into place I can not feel them, only their amazing ability for me to produce such stimulation for my pure enjoyment is the final result. Nood