Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Model Identification (want to be sure)
  • d_fault
    Hey all, I believe the model I have is the mgx... but was hoping for some clarification on it. I've had this aneros for about 2 1/2 yrs, it's got two bumps on the top of the head and alittle bigger around than the sgx or the original I just bought which to my disappointment does nothing at all like the first unit I bought.
    I bought a new one due to the abutment tab snapped off during a heating to adust it ever so slightly, I've re-melted it back together per B.Mayfield's fantastic fix instructions, but it's just not positioning like she used to, I've got it close... but not quite there.

thanks all,

-art
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Art,

You have an MGX Classic...the two bumps near the tip are confirmation on that one. Sorry you've had problems with it. Doing the mod. can be tricky. It is possible to re-heat it but frankly, you can only go to the well so many times....and then it's shot. So be careful!

BF Mayfield
  • d_fault
    So the newer mgx doesn't have the bumps on the tip? If I was to buy a new unit, which In your opinion would be the closest to the mgx classic? I recently got a new sgx, but it just doesn't hit the sweet spot quite the same.
    thanks for the help.
    -art