Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

New Progasm user with an issue.
  • KBcool
    TL;DR
    *New to Aneros/P-spot stimulation
    *Progasm scooting out
    *No pressure from Perenium tab when this happens
    *Contractions don't draw it back in
    *won't go back in properly without help
    *Advise please

Hello all, 

I'm new to the whole P-spot stimulation. One night, I was looking for something new to experience. I happened upon an article about prostate stimulation. I'd read about it before but never really thought much of it. I did a search on Amazon for prostate massager, since i knew they existed, and sorted by highest rating. This brought up the Aneros Progasm as top rated. After another day of reading about it and what it could do, I bit the bullet and ordered it with some ID Glide as recommended by Aneros.

Now, after three sessions I think I have an ongoing issue. I have no issue getting the Progasm in, but once it is, I've noticed is seems to scoot out a bit. I'm constantly, every five minutes or less, repositioning it in me. At first I thought that it was normal and contractions would bring it back in. Problem is, it doesn't. If I leave it out it just stays in that position. The rear K-tab sits about 1/4 in away from my skin, and the perineum tab has no pressure whatsoever. I thought perhaps I didn't use enough lube internally, so the third session I used more. I also used more on the product as well. No joy. 

What I'm thinking, is perhaps I should have started with something else. I've also thought that the Syn might hold lube around the sphincter area better. I guess what I'm looking for is advice on where to go from here. I'm not an overly tall man, and I'm pretty thin. I'm 5'10" and 145 lbs. Any help here would be great. After reading everything that "can" happen I'm just disappointed that I'm having such a basic difficulty.
  • BigGlansDC
    You are experiencing anal and rectal peristalysis, which are involuntary waves there which cause the Progasm and other large Aneros models to slip out. Also, Aneros newbies have difficulties inserting the Aneros models, especially big ones such as the Progasm and the Maximus to the hilt.

I would advise you to start with a smaller Aneros model, such as Helix Syn or Helix Classic, MGX or SGX, and then move on to the Maximus and Progasm models in that order.

You also have to develop your anal musculature and sphincters. That can be done by a regimen of the Kegel Exercises. In fact, I found that the Progasm  was developed especially for the Kegel Exercises and vice versa.

Just be patient with yourself, and soon you will accommodate and excel with the Progasm.

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • KBcool
    Thanks for the reply. Ill take your advice and purchase the Helix SYN I think.
  • KBcool
    Just purchased the MGX. Hoping to have better results.
  • xtimedt69xtimedt69
    I think u will like that one.
  • KBcool
    Here's hoping.
  • GoodVib
    Don't worry the progasm will work for you latter. Different lubes may help too. I had trouble with several water based lubes & now use olive or walnut oil. I use the progasm & Syn, I had similar reactions. I find the progasm more of a challenge, the Syn doesn't trigger things, the mgx has a different shape than the syn but overall size is about the same so it should be easier to start out, do you have a lube shooter yet? Lots has been said here about lubes and there are many favorites
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    KBCool,

While the larger models are more susceptible to peristaltic creep  as BigGlansDC mentioned, it is also possible that your anatomy does not accommodate the Progasm well.   To be clear, I am not referring to the matter of insertion which you say that you have managed without any problem.  The issue can in some cases have to do with variations in the contours of the rectum and/or pelvic floor muscle interaction.  With some men sustained voluntary contractions (anal or pc) can trigger peristalsis (an involuntary process).  If this is your issue, I suspect that the MGX will be more effective for you as it is not as vulnerable to peristalsis.

BF Mayfield
  • JamesR
    I started out with a Progasm as I was used to taking other toys so I thought it would not be an issue and I found exactly the same thing happening. I guess I just started out too large. I bought a Helix instead and it's perfect. I should have tried to walk before I could run. Most of my sessions are with the Helix now although I did go back to the Progasm the other night and I managed to make it work for me this time. I still prefer the Helix though. It is the case with me that smaller is actually indeed better!
  • Love_isLove_is
    @KBcool - I think it may also be likely that you have not inserted your Progasm correctly. This model is difficult to do so. Please see the detailed insertion instructions in the Aneros WIKI:

http://wiki.malegspot.com/index.php?title=Getting_Started#Inserting_the_Progasm

• @KBcool Are you cleaning out your pipe first? If there is the slightest hint of junk in your trunk that will cause you grief like your having?
  • KBcool
    @Love_is -I read the wiki about insertion quite a few times before trying. I went slow and used the method described(scooping)

@braveneworld - definitely, pre session rectal enema. I'm 99% positive that's not the issue.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.