Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

"Quote" Feature Returns to the Forum!
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Everyone,

The feature that allows us to quote the comments of other respondents to a thread is back.  Check it out!

Good eye Rumel!

BF Mayfield
  • Love_isLove_is
    [quote]Everyone,

The feature that allows us to quote the comments of other respondents to a thread is back.  Check it out!

Good eye Rumel!

BF Mayfield[/quote]

Testing the feature via manually typing it. Where's the button for it?
  • Love_isLove_is
    [q]test[/q]
  • Love_isLove_is
    Doesn't seem to work in both variations that I know of. Has the quote command changed?

• Everyone,

Good eye Rumel!

BF Mayfield

AH so it is! Those of you that dont know how to use it, I worked it out. Not hard.
    To quote what someone has said click on the quote under the users name you want to quote. Job done!
  • Love_isLove_is
    @braveneworld - Thank you for pointing that out. Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.
  • @Love_is I concur. easy to use but needs to be different colour and say quote.
    It looked fine before I posted it it was in its own coloured box. 
    :-? @CT
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield

To quote what someone has said click on the quote under the users name you want to quote. Job done!

It's essentially how it worked in the old forum. 

BF Mayfield
  • rumelrumel
    Love_is said:

Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.

Undoubtedly there will be some confusion when learning to use any new forum feature. Hopefully, we'll all get the knack of it quickly.

B Mayfield said: Good eye Rumel! Actually, we can thank @CT for installing this feature due to user requests. It may be limited to a single quote block from a single user but it's better than we had before.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • Love_is said:

Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.

Undoubtedly there will be some confusion when learning to use any new forum feature. Hopefully, we'll all get the knack of it quickly.

B Mayfield said: Good eye Rumel! Actually, we can thank @CT for installing this feature due to user requests. It may be limited to a single quote block from a single user but it's better than we had before.

Ah thats better obviously CT was still typing his code when I used it.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Looks like it just needed a little tweakage.

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield

rumel said:

@Love_is I concur. easy to use but needs to be different colour and say quote.

It looked fine before I posted it it was in its own coloured box. 
    :-? @CT

Love_is said:

@braveneworld - Thank you for pointing that out. Unfortunately your example use of it shows to me that it does not make it obvious that this is a quote compared to what it did in the past. All it does is indent the quoted text. Not obvious enough in my mind. There is going to be people that don't realize this is a quote.

Love_is said:

Doesn't seem to work in both variations that I know of. Has the quote command changed?

Actually it appears that we can use multiple quotes from different users too,  cool !   Thanks CT.

BF Mayfield
  • rumelrumel
    B Mayfield,

I think there is a glitch in the software code that doesn't like spaces in user names. I can't get the "@" symbol to highlight your user name as in @B Mayfield, but it works for @Love_is. similarly I can't get the quote function to work on your authored posts.
    ConfusedimageMad
    I wonder if you had Support change your user name to B_Mayfield if that would solve the problem?

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Or BF Mayfield perhaps? 

;-)
  • Dear Mr @rumel can ask you how you get your "special" little smiley faces please? I can not see them listed. Do you insert a GIF picture to get them?
  • Love_isLove_is
    @CT - The quote feature looks good now. Thank you so much! Although I'm curious why the manual way of typing it is no longer an option?

@rumel - I too noticed a bug with user names that have spaces in it some time ago. I guess it wasn't important enough for me to remember to say anything about it. But good of you to mention it.
  • Not sure its a bug really as a space represents a new word. Although my programming knowledge is limited I would suggest that it is not something that can be changed and maybe the user name needs to be adjusted :-S
  • Badger

It's great to see that that feature is back!

Now, can they address this annoying "Session Timed Out" flag that I keep getting?  Does anybody else get those?

• xtimedt69xtimedt69
    Yes I get the time outs with the new IE it turns the whole page black with a red X at the top
  • @Badger the computer is telling you that you spend too much time with your aneros sessions :)

But seriously if you click on the red x It should reload the page.
    At least that is what happens for me in chrome
  • Love_isLove_is
    @Badger  @xtimedt69  -  That could be a browser specific bug. As I've never gotten them in the latest version of Firefox.