Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Brown U To Offer Prostate Stim Class
  • Badger

I just came across this article, and wondered what you guys thought:

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4668

• rumelrumel
    Badger,

IMHO, this type of education should be made available to every young man, whether in college or not. Let us empower our brethren with the knowledge of ecstasy.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • newguy8762
    This may seem sophomoric and forgive my warped sense of humor, but does anyone besides me think holding a prostate pleasure seminar at "Brown" University is just a tad ironic?
  • xtimedt69xtimedt69
    I thought it ironic too!
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    To All,

I had the pleasure of meeting Charlie Glickman (the person who is teaching this workshop) at CatalystCon last fall.   He is a terrific educator and his new book “The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure,” is a must read (I will be providing a more detailed review on it shortly).   From what I understand he is on a tour to promote the book and generate more awareness of a topic that is near and dear to all of us in the Aneros Forum.   Be on the lookout for him, he'll likely headed to a college campus near you!!

BF Mayfield

• XilehXileh
    Charlie has done classes on the left coast in a number a venues. I applaud this school. To get a taste of what he is up against, read the comments following the article.

Xileh
  • XilehXileh
    Charlie has done classes on the left coast in a number a venues. I applaud this school. To get a taste of what he is up against, read the comments following the article.

Xileh
  • Badger

I noticed the responses are not very positive; preconceived notions of this being a 'gay' class, maybe even a for-credit part of the curriculum, I believe, is what is making this such a derisive topic.  From what I understand from the article, this was a no-credit, non-curriculum, personal learning workshop-type class held during off-hours on-campus.

I personally could not bring myself to go to any sexuality workshops on a college campus or anywhere else for that matter; I'm just too self-conscious to do that.  Maybe if it was part of a Church-related, couples seminar or something, maybe.  They would probably get a lot more attendance if it was an online class/chat thing like we have here.  And I'll wager, some of the critics who posted comments would even attend and learn something; that's truly a guy thing.

• B MayfieldB Mayfield

Badger,

You are correct, this is a no-credit, non-curriculum workshop that is being held on campus.  

The responses to the article make two things clear: 1)  That some people are content to read headlines in lieu of the actual content  and 2) That we have a lot of work to do around getting people to accept this form of gratification.  

The good news is that Charlie is a great educator who is skilled at disarming such folks.  If you can manage to make it to his workshop....he will enlighten you!   

BF Mayfield

• MMO_RPGlolMMO_RPGlol
    Reading those comments really saddens me. Its a shame. They feel as if it's people like Charlie who are ruining America. I just think its funny because I know of so many men who are left completely dissatisfied with traditional orgasms and who have no idea there is any other way to receive pleasure. I can't help but feel that an entire generation of sexually-unsatisfied men is worse than men who lean "gay". They are afraid of the new... 
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    MMO_RPGlol,

"They afraid of the new..."

Actually I'd say that they're afraid of the different.   These folks are ruled by the notion of conformity as it relates to masculinity.   They certainly don't know what they're missing.   But as the expression goes, you don't know what you don't know until you know what you don't know....yikes!

BF Mayfield
  • bsmith14
    I think the fact the the site uses facebook comments might be skewing the comments a bit.

I know I wouldn't post a comment about my prostate play because somebody might one day see them. 

For a different perspective check out this thread  on reddit.com (http://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/1acff5/male_multiple_orgasm_faq/) and this thread in the comments specifically about aneros (http://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/1acff5/male_multiple_orgasm_faq/c8w4imj)

For the most part on reddit.com your posts/comments are anonymous
  • MMO_RPGlolMMO_RPGlol
    r/sex is pretty disappointing in my opinion. I actually sort of just hate reddit in general. 

They are pretty stinkin closed minded and the conversations generally go just like this:

Girl: "I can have multiple orgasms"
    Guy:"wow so lucky. I would give anything to be able to feel that!"
    Me: "Thru prostate stimulation men can have multiple orgasms just like women"
    Guy: "It's not the same. in fact, thats gross! Anal stim? Ew. and its not even real. You are lying. and also, every testimonial and video posted in the aneros website is a lie too."

So many of them refuse to even consider the possibility that it is possible. but thats reddit for ya.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @MMO_RPGlol  -  My experience of r/sex on reddit.com is much different. There are quite a number of posts there of men that have discovered multiple orgasms/prostate orgasms either by accident, or by doing kegels. I find most people in that subreddit to be really open minded. Yes, there are a few that don't know any better. But they are the minority. And when you have abusive comments like the example you made above, you report it, and it usually gets deleted.
  • MMO_RPG it can really depend what kind of people are on there at the time... There is a lesser well known subreddit called r/pegging where you won't find those kind of people

btw, i'm not from the US, but isn't brown an ivy league school? weird that they would host this seminar.