Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Anal fissure
  • Love_isLove_is
    I believe I now have an anal fissure. Quite likely my own fault from either not being quite relaxed enough in play with my Feeldoe More dildo which is rather large, or being too vigorous with it. I can't visually confirm it as I don't own a hand mirror to check. But all the signs seem to point in that direction from the reading I've been doing online about this and the symptoms.

So I'm wondering if the general consensus here is to stop all anal play until this heals?  I wasn't sure if Aneros prostate massager usage might be beneficial as it forces the sphincter muscles to work and thusly more blood to circulate through the tissues encouraging healing?  Perhaps in the same way the Peridise models that are supposed to be beneficial for hemorrhoids? I'm purely guessing and throwing this out for discussion. What does everyone think?

I've since stopped all anal play on myself for the last three or four days because there was pain during my last Aneros session. And thankfully the discomfort has gotten less, and my last bowel movement hasn't seemed to have irritated the fissure.  So I'm leaning towards that no anal play is better.
  • hulahula
    I would stop all play until it heals. An AF can be pretty serious.
  • I am very sorry you have suffered this injury, @Love_is. I hope you heal from this condition speedily so that you can enjoy the Aneros again.

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • Sounds horrible nothing worse than a crack in your crack pipe
  • slimjm
    Keep your stools soft, like with an over the counter stool softener pill without laxative in it.  Shower twice a day, as much as possible after stooling, allowing the anal area to be as clean as possible.  You can apply a tiny amount of neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment with a Q-tip to the site.  Over time, use of the Aneros massagers helps prevent future hemorrhoids or anal fissures, but in general it is better to avoid use until the acute tear in the anal tissues, that is the fissure, heals.  In general, simple anal fissures are minor and with attentive care heal quickly.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @slimjim - Thanks for verifying what I had suspected regarding not using my Aneros prostate massager's, or any anal play until this is healed. And also for the additional care and healing instructions. Very much appreciated. :)
  • slimjm
    Should have added also that a hemorrhoidal suppository twice a day and after bowel movements really helps with lubricating and softening the "dry front end" of your stool when it needs to pass and helps keep the fissure from being "scraped" and re-opened.  Just go easy when passing gas with the melted suppositories inside as you'll "leak" easily.

Simple fissures caused from simple trauma like this heal rapidly.  Rarely, fissures can become chronic and require surgical excision and even more rarely, persisting fissures as in several in different areas of the anus can be an indication of inflammatory bowel disease.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @slimjim - Thanks. I'm not sure that I need to go quite that far in terms of how I treat it yet. But it's good to have that info here in the forum. :) 

Progress is still good. Have continued to do no anal play. And had a rather large bowel movement this morning with very minimal irritation afterwards. Showered after and applied some Neosporin outside and partially in the anal canal where I could feel some slight discomfort. Hopefully another week or two I'll be in good shape to start Aneros sessions again.
  • Love_isLove_is
    So as a follow up...
    My anal fissure has been all healed up for a while now. I initially spent a good two weeks of no anal play, and then after that started my Aneros practice with the smaller models only.  What I found was that the inner part healed much quicker than the outer. So I started putting Neosporin or shea butter on the outer part of the fissure to keep it moist and encourage it to heal quicker. And that seemed to have done the trick. I haven't tried the Feeldoe More again yet. But have used my Progasm and Fun Factory Share with no problems. Happy this is over with. :)
  • rookrook
    all the best and good to hear what worked!

thanks for sharing guys!

blessings... rook
  • slimjm
    No need to fool with the big stuff.  When it comes to size, less does definitely more for me.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Thanks guys!

@slimjim - In my own experience, I don't find this is always so. Lately the Progasm is what is doing it for me really rather well. And the Share is not firm enough compared to the Feeldoe to massage my prostate nicely. I honestly suspect at this point that the cause of this anal fissure was a combination of the lube failure with the batch my last batch of shea butter that dried out and would not melt very well and the Feeldoe More.
  • slimjm
    Interesting.  Though like many I had to try the Progasm to see what it could do, it's never done much for me except hurt.  Not bad pain, just can never get it to feel good inside like the others do.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @slimjim - That's a real shame. The Progasm for me has actually been one of the more consistent models in terms of providing pleasure. For quite a long time the MGX used to do to me what you describe the Progasm does to you. And that is a smaller model. But it is only in the last year or year and half that I actually got it to feel pleasurable. Apparently it was just another level of relaxing into the sensations. Go figure! :P LOL
  • slimjm
    It doesn't hurt getting it in and I go real slow with it, it just never feels comfortable, even after relaxing a good while with it inside.
  • ineverknewineverknew
    slimjim, I learned on the progasm, though i wasnt new to anal play.  It is hard to get used to, just takes time and consistent use.  Your body will eventually learn to accomodate it.  I think the key is how you insert it, the slower the better, even if you think your going slow and no pain, you can still go slower.  Once its in, try some light kegals.  I agree with love is, its definately consistent  :D
  • DarkEngine
    I had an anal fissure once as well and it healed over after a month or so. Aneros use was not a good idea during the period the fissure was active (constant itching did not help at all either)

Despite that I might have signs of hemmoroids developing, which itself may be the effect of Aneros misuse.
  • isvara
    @DarkEngine, for what it is worth I have found that the narrow necked models seemed to have reduced my 'rrhoids. The wide necked models seem to make them worse. I surmise this is because the large ones stretch the sphincters and unless I do sphincter tightening exercises immediately after withdrawing the larger ones "inside bits" come out. The narrow necked models don't seem to need this extra work.
    But I do not yet have any involuntaries so I don't know if the narrow necked ones give the same pleasure.
  • @isvara I am suffering roid problems as soon as I use my progasm ice. All around my butt but one real bad which is long and goes straight in. It splits my hole into two holes. Making life very uncomfortable when going to the toilet. I am going through a lot of paper:(
    I adore my progasm over my helix and eupho at the moment so keep busting my butt when I give in to the craving for progasm girth.
    You mention sphincter tightening exercises straight after progasm use.
    Does this really help? And can you explain it in more detail please.
    These bloody roids are getting in the way of my progasm fun.
    rule number one . Never get in the way of a man and his favorite aneros!
    I am at my wits end , any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @braveneworld - Did you know the parent company of Aneros, which is High Island Health, claims the Peristal/Peridise can help with hemorrhoids?

http://www.highisland.com/hemorrhoid-massage-treatment/
  • @Love_is Yes I do know about peridise and it is actually my next planned purchase.
    I would like to know if they are as helpful with hemorrhoids as they claim!
    Being able to wield the progasm for pleasure I figure I can get away with just getting the advanced set of peridise. Is my thinking sound? 
  • Love_isLove_is
    @braveneworld - Hard to say. I own the advance Peridise set. And in terms of pleasure, they are the least responsive for me. I only seem to get some sort of response from them when my anus is very sensitized. But then again, I'm also still working towards achieving super-O's. So that may be part of the problem for me, that you may not experience.

Have a look in the High Island forums for people talking about the effectiveness of the Peridise/Peristal for hemorrhoids.
  • isvara
    @braveneworld, I don't know what models you have, if you have one with a narrow neck try that. If not a SGX, MGX, PS-New might be a helpful next step. Unlike the Peridise they have a p-tab so are a stimulator as well. For me the narrow neck allows the sphincters to almost close so any tightening brings the sphincter closer to closed and keeps the bit between the sphincters and the canal more compressed. So general Kegels will be helpful but also separate the BC part of the PC muscle group from the sphincter part. Being selective and working the sphincters as separate from the BC may tone up the sphincters.
    I definitely find Ice stretches the sphincters a lot and it takes a while to get the sphincter muscles to tighten up properly and this is when my 'rrhoid' trouble me. I don't use "Ice" at the moment for this reason.
    I am not medically trained so my theory may be mistaken.
  • Alex_xxx
    I`m gonna give you something that helped me after many months of constantly ripping open the same anal fissure.......

Tea Tree Oil

All hail!! Fixed in two days what many doctors failed at for months.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @Alex_xxx - Thank you for that piece of information! I've heard a lot of good things about Tea Tree Oil. But never considered it for this type of problem. That's cool it worked so fast!