Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

A breathing technique question
  • What has worked better for you when you are doing your slow deep breathing, doing it through your mouth or your nose?
  • rookrook
    Nose, Zazen style.

The only difficult part of this is changing it from a sitting posture to being horizontal.

blessings... rook

• Hi rook,

Thanks for the reply. One of the reasons I was wondering it's because I saw once a video where some lady was showing some breathing techniques to improve sexual stamina and they were all through the mouth.

Thanks for the info.

• rookrook
    Some yoga and zen Masters mention mouth breathing as an indicator of a last-ditch 'survival' action rather than proper Zenbreathing. 

However, Karate, TaeKwonDo and TaiChi combatants open-mouth their crys and shouts like we do when we get into our O-zone.

http://www.artofzenyoga.com/skm.htm >    .... hth   rook

• GoodVib
    I'm just 4 months in, I've tried deep, belly, breathing, and quick in/out pattern still in the belly. One day I followed some forum tips and changed position off my back, I lay on my right side in a loose fetal position. When I started belly breathing it blended abdominals, quads & gluts and away I went, lots of muscle contractions, almost like the prostate was signaling the different muscle groups, sometimes rhythmically or not, add the occasional sphincter contraction, shifting the contact area on the prostate. Then I noticed adjusting my knees, left knee lower than right for a while, things calm down, shift left knee higher than right knee and oh boy here we go again, a fresh set of contractions , so breathing helped get the ball rolling and like the sphincter contractions, breathing abdominal & rectal tightening seems to vary the contact area on the prostate, as does shifting the knees around. For me I keep the knees fairly close together 3-6 inches, again as I shift the left knee above or below the right one it varies the contact on the prostate. Does this change explain the differences in the contractions that occurs? I now get the same thing without my aneros inserted, not as intense but otherwise vary similar. Relaxing enough to let it all start is key. It's easier for me on my side, I can get it going on my back now if I focus, but hey on my side, I stick the syn in lay down and away I go. This just started in the last 2 weeks or so, Wow and hey what's next? Enjoy the journey. Oh yeah, mouth closed mostly, but I dont focus on breathing as much as just tightening the various areas to vary the contact, that freshens the signals to the large muscle groups and how they are contracting.i am getting noisier as I get more into it, vocalizing adds to the whole thing.