Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Could I become allergic to olive oil from using it as lube?
  • So i may be completely wrong for thinking this, but it scares me.

About a year ago i was using Castor oil on my skin regularly. It helped keep my skin moisturized. My skin was fine with it.
    Then i used it as a lube once, and ever since then, I have been extremely allergic to it.

Would the same thing happen to olive oil if i use it as lube? I cant afford to become allergic to that too! 
  • Love_isLove_is
    No idea. People become allergic to all kinds of stuff for unknown reasons. Are you prone to being allergic to things in general?
  • rookrook
    have used both Olive Oil and Castor Oil as a lube on and off for the last three ears. Castor Oil because it's consistency and action resembles a Silicone I like. Castor Oil has a distince price advantage. :)

I've not had any indications of an allergic reaction to either of these oils. As Love_is points out, allergic responses are highly individual and usually keyed to their age at the time they were first exposed.

If you have no allergy to nuts you might have a try at Shea Butter or Shea butter compounds.

blessings ... rook
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Reaction to olive oil is pretty uncommon as food allergies go.  Again, that is not to say that it can't happen but that it's pretty low on the list.    Castor oil allergy by contrast is more common, contact dermatitis being the most reported reaction.   In addition,  a preservative used in some castor oil preparation (dodecyl gallate) has been linked to contact allergies in recent years as well.

BF Mayfield
  • Cool. Thanks for the responses. I've never been allergic to anything before so when I became allergic to castor oil it was a huge shock. 

Ill give Shea butter a try at some point aswell.
  • RJT
    The rectum tends to absorb things put into it more readily than skin on the outside of the body. IF you're going to develop an allergy to something through sensitization, I'd guess using it rectally is more likely to cause a problem than on the surface skin.