Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Water-Based Lube Reviews (Paraben and Glycerin Free)
  • I was trying to find a water-based lube without parabens and glycerine, so I did some research and tried a couple with my Aneros toys.

Swiss Navy All Natural:
    This lubricant was watery and dried out very quickly. My Aneros toys (MGX and Helix-Syn) were difficult to insert and could barely move inside me so I had to reapply lube every 15 minutes. I had better luck with the Peridise but I wouldn’t recommend this lube for prostate massager use.

Sliquid Sassy Anal Gel:
    This lubricant was thick and lasted for a long time. There had been reports from other forum members that this lube gave them a purgative effect, but I did not experience this. I’ll be using this lube for all my subsequent Aneros sessions. I highly recommended this lube if your body doesn’t have a reaction to it.

I didn’t test the following 2 lubes for the following reasons.

K-Y Sensitive Jelly:
    Not thick enough for Aneros use and may dry out quickly. I didn’t want a replay of my Swiss Navy All Natural experience.

Astroglide Glycerin and Paraben Free:
    This lubricant only comes in 2.5oz (73.9ml) bottles and has an ingredient called ‘Polyquaternium 15.’ There have been studies showing that Polyquaternium 15 damages human rectal cells.

Hope this post helps you all!

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Of the 4 lubes that you featured I would definitely recommend Sliquid Sassy Anal Gel.   This is a plant based formulation that contains no glycerin, parabens or propylene glycol.   If you like water based lube and enjoy it on the thicker side, this is the ticket!  Hell.... it's even Vegan !!

BF Mayfield

p.s. I'm surprised that others have experienced the urge to purge with this product...it's devoid of all of the usual culprits in that regard.  It seems like pretty benign stuff to me.   (See ingredients list below)

Purified Water, Plant Cellulose (from Cotton), Cyamopsis (Guar Conditioners), Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

• Badger
    What about Slippery Stuff Gel?
  • I'm one of those people who had an unpleasant reaction to the Sliquid Sassy gel.  I tried it twice, just to make sure (those two attempts were about 2 hours apart).  I would never have considered trying it again, but based on what @praxyon and @B Mayfield have said, I think I can muster the courage to give it another go.

Thanks for the report @praxyon.

@Badger - You'll find that although Slippery Stuff Gel doesn't contain glycerine, it does contain parabens.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @aneros44309 - Eeek! I never researched the toxicity of methylparaben that is in SlipperyStuff Gel that I use occasionally, more for dildo play. I'll be phasing that out now. A few years back I tried a bottle of Babelube and found it to worked very well. Slightly thicker than SlipperyStuff Gel, and it is glycerin free, paraben free, and gluten free. Totally recommend it if you are going the pre-made manufactured lube route.

http://www.babeland.com/BabeLube/d/1674
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Aneros44309,

The truth is that sensitivity to substances like these are an individual thing.  Sometimes it's hard to tell what will bother someone, even when the ingredients are seemingly benign.    Ironically, there was one lube on Praxyon's list that I was uncomfortable with...KY Sensitive Jelly....go figure!!   Thanks for giving this another shot,  I'm curious to see how it goes for you on a different day.   Please be sure to let us know!

Cheers,

BF Mayfield
  • I have found that most of the lubes bother my system. The natural home made formulas are too much trouble to concoct and store. So what I have resorted to is the condom method. I then insert the massager in a lubed condom and fill the condom with whatever lube I want. I suppose I could use transmission fluid even LOL. Seriously I don't recommend transmission fluid LOL. But ..... I worry much less about what I use in the condom because like they say about Vegas .... what you put in the condom stays in the condom LOL.

Then I supplement the condom lube with a minimal amount of extra lube .... just enough to insert it and I am ready to go.

Linghaman / Bigguy
  • I was thinking of trying the condom method you described! Hmmmm. Sounds like it has potential.
  • spyeg
    @xtimedt69 There was some discussion about a different condom method, in which you use the syringe/dropper to insert the condom as well as deposit some lube, then insert your Aneros. This prevents the lube from squeezing out during insertion, which helps to make cleanup a bit easier.
  • Is it possible I absorb the lube faster than some? After a while it feels like it gets stuck and stops sliding like it should.
  • XilehXileh
    @love_is: I'll second Babe Lube. Been using it for years with no issues.

Xileh
  • Badger
    @aneros44309, it may have parabens, but it was tested to be the most anal-safe lube.  I'd show the link, but it's been deactivated/changed and I haven't found it yet.
  • @Badger - I'm not making any sort of judgement about Slippery Stuff Gel, but the thread's author did specify the title as "Water-based Lube Reviews (Paraben and Glycerin Free)", and all I was pointing out was that Slippery Stuff Gel didn't fit his criteria.
  • Badger

What is so bad about parabens?  I know glycerin can and does cause SBP (Sudden Bowel Purge), which it does to me and many others, but I haven't heard much, if anything about the effects of parabens in the anus.

I realize that it isn't an exact fit, but it is considered one of the best anal lubes in the water-based category.

• @Badger - Numerous studies have shown that there is a correlation between cancer and parabens. However this doesn't mean that parabens directly cause cancer.

Although I'm not fully convinced about the risks of parabens, I'd rather be safe than sorry, and use alternative lubes that are available.
  • spyeg
    One thing to keep in mind is that "all-natural" doesn't always mean "safe". Parabens are a perfect example. Methylparaben is found in natural sources, such as blueberries, yet have been linked with breast cancer.

And the paraben/cancer studies haven't really proven causation, only correlation. What this means is that they can't prove that parabens cause cancer, but those who have consumed a signficant amount (not a lot, but more than enough to "count") have been found to have higher concentrations of methylparaben in the tissues of the breast tumors.

For more of the studied effects of parabens, go to http://www.livestrong.com/article/21581-dangers-methylparaben/
  • An update on the Sliquid Sassy Anal Gel: I seem to have a lot of
    flatulence for a period of about 30 hours each time after I use this lube.

@Love_is - Thanks for posting about Babe Lube. It sounds like a good
    alternative to Sliquid Sassy, but I think I've finally given up on water-based
    lubes and will switch to oil-based lubes such as shea butter and coconut oil.

@spyeg - What you say is true. I suppose it is difficult to know what to believe these days. In the future studies may find that parabens may have a cancer-preventing effect on people.
  • Love_isLove_is
    @praxyon - Yeah, sounds like you are reacting to the Sliquid lube. You'll likely have no problems with oil based.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hey folks, I just barely noticed this today. But it turns out Aneros now has their own brand water based lube. Glycerin and parabin free. This is long overdue in my mind. It's unfortunately a bit pricey for the quantity compared to other brands in this category, and there is no list of ingredients. But at least there is another alternative. Will be curious to hear what people have to say about it.

https://www.aneros.com/product/aneros-sessions/
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Good eye Love_is!  

I missed the new addition of Sessions myself.   I must give this a try.    HIH is  developing a nice selection of lubes in their products section now.  I'm curious if this is similar to Marksman or if it is a different formulation altogether.   I'll do some checking on this and be back with more details.

BF Mayfield