Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Blue Balls of fire
  • Well I am back on track now my spine has settled a bit allowing me such pleasures. I found my Helix was requiring a lot of manual contractions to get anything from it and my body was not doing it naturally. So I upgraded to something a bit bigger, the Maximus classic.

My first session was in a nice relaxing bath and instantly the massager did what it should do, natural gentle contractions started right away and within 5 minutes  had a very relaxing pleasurable session, to the extent for the first time I actually got some drainage.

Now here comes the question - after my session that involved no penile stimulation I got major blue ball syndrome, I mean real bad, even the thought of sex nearly made me erupt. I was hoping it would calm down but alas no! So my wife was happy to oblige and Oh my life I shot across the room! Both found it funny I had never reached such a distance! afterwards the blue ball pain went away immediately

so my question is - is it healthier to release after a session to avoid such build ups? Has anyone else had this experience?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Sittingonagolfball,

The choice of whether or not to follow an Aneros session with a traditional orgasm (ejaculation) is entirely your own.   No doubt you will see many opinions on the subject.  My sense is that if you are relatively new to the Aneros, it is often better to follow high levels of arousal with a traditional release.  This is particularly the case if you are also inexperienced at redirecting erotic energy.   Generally I believe it's best to get accustomed to new things one at a time.  In addition to that there is a motivational factor to consider... if one is not yet experiencing Super O's, an ejaculation can be a much needed reward following a session!   Furthermore I think it is helpful to get to the place to where one can experience Super O's first before engaging in seminal retention, as the Super O's are a means of dealing with this energy.   That said,  some men approach this practice without any Super O experience and are okay with it.   Again, the choice is yours! 

Cheers,

BF Mayfield 
  • thanks for the feedback, my body does seem to be one that needs the release especially if a few days have gone by.

I love the feel of the Maximus classic, far more fulfilling feeling and brings on natural contractions. Easy to insert also, thought it would be a struggle.
  • I think ejaculating is a good idea. If you go with the health idea the aneros is ment to clean your pipes, get fluid flowing so why would you not empty it all.
    I  am 40 and I can not go more than 2 to 3 days without ejaculating.
    After using the aneros a good super T is well needed.
    I have three aneroes and have found the progasm is best for the super T.
    It is like I an 16 again, a number of times I have been laying flat on the bed and have super T'ed and shot my load so hard that it hit me in the face and another time it went past my head and hit the wall.
    Not bad for a 40 year old. My pc muscles must be so much stronger than before I started using aneros.
    I dont know but if you do not ejaculate is there a chance of testicular cancer?
  • In the same boat as you, at 42, cant go more than 2-3 days, I guess due to an over active wife for the past 10 years ;)

The maximus made me shoot across the room with a satisfying THWAK! , hail Aneros!

• slimjm
    I'm much like you, sittingonagolfball, just a little older so recharge time for me takes sometimes 7 to 10 days and if it's early in "the cycle" that I Aneros, it's soothing without the prostatic fluid testicular pressure buildup (blue balls) phenomenon occurring.  Towards the end though when I'm starting to "feel full" inside and want release, Anerosing makes me wanna have sex really bad.  Always fun when the wife can oblige about that time too!  Lots more semen volume with a much longer more enjoyable traditional O when it works out in that time relationship.
  • is daily ejaculating good for ones health
  • So the medical world now seem to think, well to put it better they use the term regular to fend off prostate cancer.
  • i would  need to do it daily
  • Guess it depends on your age. when I was in my early teens I needed to ejaculate more than once a day.Latter in my late teens I got RSI in my right shoulder. Not sure if that was just because of wanking but I bet it did not help. I have sinced slowed down and have learned to use the other hand  =))
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Timnail,

There have been two studies done in the last 10 years that seem to support the idea that regular ejaculation promotes prostate health and can indeed lessen the likelihood of a certain type of prostate cancer.  See here.

BF Mayfield
  • Linum
    Just out of interest, and for the sake of balance, there is a research paper that found no link between prostate cancer and ejaculation frequency.
    In that paper (Ejaculation Frequency and Subsequent Risk of Prostate Cancer) there was also discussion about the numerous and conflicting other research on this.  It seems that there is no clear trend in research that can enable easy conclusions can be made.

Taoists have been practising ejaculatory absence for thousands of years, and I suspect that rates of prostate cancer should be higher amongst their ranks, should there be a positive correlation between ejaculatory frequency and prostate cancer.  I am not aware that this is the case, or indeed if any research has ever been done on this.

Blue ball syndrome is something I have suffered from, but I have found ways around this that don't always require ejaculation (and a subsequent refractory period), and I suspect that I am becoming less prone to it as my aneros, and ejaculatory abstinence experiences continue.  Hopefully the same will apply to you sittingonagolfball.

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Linum,

These studies, the ones I previously cited and the one that you linked to above, had quite different objectives.  The stated objective of the paper that you cited (Ejaculation Frequency and the Subsequent Risk of Prostate Cancer) was:

"to examine the association between ejaculation frequency, which includes sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission, and masturbation and risk of prostate cancer".  

More specifically they were trying to determine if ejaculation produced a higher risk of developing prostate cancer.  As you stated, they concluded that it did not.  

The studies I cited were examining if regular ejaculation lessened the likelihood of developing prostate cancer.  Both of those studies seems to indicate that regular ejaculation reduced the incidence of certain types of prostate cancer.

Clearly this subject could use more investigation, nonetheless, between the 3 studies one could draw the conclusion that ejaculation doesn't produce a higher risk of prostate cancer... it may lower it.

BF Mayfield
  • twlltintwlltin
    To summarise BF Mayfield's post even further: it doesn't do any harm and it might do some good.