Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Newbie with lube and "how-to" questions...
  • evan_w
    Hi all -

I have had a few sessions with my Helix Classic now and I have some questions about lube (which, how much, where, etc,). 

So far I've used Astroglide and I am not sure if it is the best choice.  I lube up the Helix and also liberally apply to the anal/perineal area.  Insertion is fine but it seems like once it is fully inserted, it just stays there - I feel no sliding movement at all.  I did squeeze a good amount in through my anus today and it seemed to be better, but then something else went awry - external pain.

Is the P-tab supposed to be lubed or not?  The lube was all over my perineum and I think that was a problem.  The P-tab was moving so much that it hurt; almost felt like my skin was being pinched.

So, how much lube?  Is Astroglide okay?

Does P-tab need to be dry or lubed?

Movement...  Am I supposed to repeatedly tense my muscles as if I am trying to hold back a bowel movement or stop urination?  This is what I have been doing, but I have not been feeling much.

I have been reading the stickys and other resources on here, but I hope some of you can offer up some specific suggestions. 

Many thanks,
    Evan

• rumelrumel
    evan_w,

Almost all your questions will be answered if you re-read the Lubrication and the other sections of the Aneros WIKI.
    Also please check out the additional instructional links I provided to you in the PM I sent you when you first joined our Forums.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • twlltintwlltin
    P-tab should definitely be dry. Does Astroglide contain glycerine? Some guys have a bad reaction to glycerine.
  • Love_isLove_is
    The standard Astroglide does contain glycerine. This is the brand that I discovered my own sensitivity/bad reaction to glycerine when used in the rectum.
  • ZoopZoop
    Just a small note, there is a glycerine-free astroglide, but I DO NOT recommend it. Maybe its personal preference but it was wayy to watery, smelt like hand-sanitizer, gave an unpleasant sensation, and barely kept the device lubricated for 10 minutes.

I've been using a combination of a coating of Vaseline, plus inserting some coconut oil (in small solid chunks). It might not be the best, but its pretty good, long lasting, and I can obtain both relatively easily and embarrassment free.
  • isvara

I have given up water based lubes for many reasons. My favorite by far is a mix of sweet almond oil and bees wax. I make it up in batches of 140ml add some vit E as a preservative and it lasts for months. It costs almost nothing! I lightly lube the anus and as a prelube insert about 1ml up to my inner sphincter and beyond. I lightly coat the Aneros. It lasts all night and I can reinsert in the morning without a prelube. It might not be the best but it smells nice, weepings very little and does not cause any internal discomfort.