Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Hypochondria and my helix
    OK OK....I know this may sound like one of those "can I get a terrible disease from a toilet seat?" kind of questions but...Is it possible to get bacterial prostatitis from using your aneros without cleaning it properly in between sessions?

I'm running out of anti-bacterial sex toy cleaning spray so have not been using it before starting a session, only after. I have a mildly sore butt and a very bad case of high anxiety. :/

many thanks

• do you just spray this on your aneros and thats it?

why dont you wash it with soap, hot water and your own hands?
    mine is squeaky clean. i would lick it B-)
  • Hi @hywel,

The Aneros Wiki advises that we use an anti-bacteriological soap or detergent on our Aneros models before and after each use. As a resident of Washington, DC, USA, I use Dial Anti-bacteriological Soap on my Aneros models which is very effective. Just go to any drugstore or supermarket where you live.

Thom./BigGlansDC 

P.S. @hakunamatata's suggestion is the next best possibility.
  • I cant say I am that anal about it!
    I give them a good rub with a tissue and sometime clean with a WETone antibacterial wipe.
    Every few weeks I wash all equipment with soap/hot water and disinfectant.
    I always coat my aneroses with Vaseline before use.
    No problems after 9 months of use. 
  • twlltintwlltin
    Standard anti-bacterial hand soap is fine. I use an old toothbrush (with a squirt of the soap) to scrub the white plastic Aneros models. Rinse thoroughly in hot water.

If you've used an oily lube, try using a baby wipe to get the greasiness off first.
  • darwindarwin
    1) simple soap and water is good enough.  the rectum is not sterile.  anything beyond that is just compulsion. 

2) there is no pathway from the rectum to prostate infection.   you would need to put the aneros in your urethra to infect your prostate.

3) anti-bacterial soap is evil.  please stop buying it

an emerging danger to you and your family's health is bacterial resistant to antibiotics.  hospitals are becoming dangerous.   for the last 80 years we have had the miracle of antibiotics but we are squandering it! antibiotics are vastly over-prescribed and are used in huge quantities in animal feed to promote growth.  in twenty years when minor infections can't be treated we will look back at this and consider it a great crime against humanity.

Here for example is an article about resistant gonorrhea: http://www.cdc.gov/std/gonorrhea/arg/default.htm

The active ingredient in antibacterial soaps is triclosan,  Here is an article that explains that it is no more effective than regular soap and also describes growing resistance to it in bacteria. If you look in the wikipedia article about triclosan you will see that it can help control MRSA, an otherwise resistant form of bacteria that can kill people with minor skin infections.  If we lose triclosan effectivness where will we be?

What is the force behind the squandering of these invaluable treatments?  Greed taking advantage of ignorance.

darwin
  • rookrook
    I'm totally with Darwin.   We removed all Triclosan and Triclocarban products from our bathrooms, the Kitchen and laundry room.  Following several studies, this one drove that decision:  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S089062380800364X

Easier read:  http://www.nrdc.org/living/chemicalindex/triclosan.asp 

Twlltin's baby wipe routine followed by plain Ivory soap and a 'hand job' on the Aneros does the job for me.  Then they get hung up to dry in open air.
  • twlltintwlltin
    The anti-bac soap I have uses silver citrate not triclosan. I agree that triclosan is evil.