Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Chat History Options
  • I think the History feature in chat is nice, however there should be more granular options for going back in time. going from 2 hours to 2 days is too big of a gap. I would like to be able to see the last 12 and maybe 24 hours of history.
  • rookrook
    yes !
  • nenasnenas
    Yes that would be valuable
  • twlltintwlltin
    Also, could you make room 3 (the new "info" room) not hidden, so that those of us using the phone/tablet interface can enter it?
  • TurnrowTurnrow
    Agreed
  • rookrook
    History: After two years of additional experience with this version of Aneros Chat I continue to agree with BSmith14. The 'jump' from two hours to two days is, at best 'cumbersome' and, at worst, 'disgusting.'

If some rule of cardinality in the software drives design to starting every History increment with but one number, 60 min, 6 hours, 600 minutes, and 6 days would have more utility than what we have now.

If there is more flexibility, I'd go for 2-hours, 8-hours, 1-day, 2-days, 1-week and, resources permitting, one month.

Chatroom #3: Agree with Twlltin regarding the inadequacies in the 'Mibile skin' I've looked at this using iOS7, Jelly Bean and an Android Hybrid with some KitKat utility. My current feeling is that the 'no-skin' option should revert the user to simple HTML until better platform sensing is available.

• +1 to all of these!
  • So maybe that's why I was having goofy results with the chat! Couldn't accept an invite using the mobile skin on Chrome on my iPad. I'd stopped using the Safari browser for the aneros site since I couldn't make the touch screen work properly
  • The"ignore" function doesn't work in the mobile skin in android devices but it does work in the desktop skin
  • JaxsunJaxsun
    Does anyone get a red "X" and grey dot when reading the forum on iPad and iPhone? It seems to lock the screen so that your cant write a comment or expand the font until your tap the X which removes it. Curious if anyone else has seen this?
  • @Jaxsun I see that once in awhile in the center of the screen.  I've seen in on two different desk top computers though.  It's never affected my ability to do anything, but occasionally it will pop up over the thread text at the top center area

• PommiePommie
    There was a period of a few months some time back when this would appear whenever I closed a window or tried to change to another thread in the Forum. I never new the reason for it and it suddenly ceased to happen.

BTW, I use an Apple Mac Pro, so I wondered if this was novel to that computer.
  • @Jaxsun haven't had that, but, I have an issue with ios8 on my iPad. Couldn't post comments to discussions and in chat, I cannot go private if I have chosen the option for IPad. I just chat on my PC
    LAPTOP
  • BadgerBadger
    @Jaxsun I get that on my computer whenever a window sets open, be it 5 seconds or 15 minutes; there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the time lapse. To be able to respond to a post, I have to click on the red X to be able to do anything else on the thread.

I also have a problem editing my posts. I click on the "edit" button, edit my post, and submit it, but it remains as originally submitted. It's always been this way since the latest upgrade of the forum/website. I can't even figure out how to quote someone anymore. Frustrating.
  • JaxsunJaxsun
    Glad to know its not just me...is just annoying tho