Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

coconut oil
  • GrandTiger
    Hello Darwin,

I haven't ordered any yet as I was contemplating Pmagr's great idea of using a mellon baller. My idea of chucking the syringes away after use was so I would not have to be bothered washing 'em.

But now I realize that when the weather is cooler then I'd need to warm up the oil to get it into the syringe. So now I'm thinking the suppository molds are a better idea than the syringes, but I'd need a syringe to fill the molds. But this way I'd make a few dozen suppositories at the same time.

Still, Pmagr's mellon baller may be the best idea yet, because then I would always keep the coconut oil in the fridge and just make one ball when needed and plonk it in the freezer.

For now I'm cooling the massager in the fridge and coating it with liquid coconut oil, but now it's so warm here that the oil is very thin and runs off before having time to solidify and stick to the massager. So I've been putting the oil in the fridge for a few minutes first so it becomes thicker before applying to the massager.

GT
  • GrandTiger
    Just took a look at melon ballers on line. Most don't state the diameter and those that do are all too big. Smallest I saw was 1.125'' dia which is 12cc. Diameter is quite critical:

0.500" = 1cc
    0.625'' = 2cc
    0.700'' = 3cc
    1.000'' = 9cc
    1.125'' = 12cc
    1.200'' = 15cc
    1.375'' = 20cc

These of course assume we get a perfectly round ball. So I'd be looking for something no bigger than 0.7'' diameter.

As yet undecided ...
  • Health researchers are now coming to find out that the natural oils used by humans for hundreds if not thousands of years are actually the best ones for us. There has been a lot of misinformation about oils in the past 30 or 40 years due to bad research about cholesterol and heavy promotion by the soy oil industry.

Natural fats like butter or ghee, cold pressed olive oil and palm and coconut oil are all good for you. Processed fats are bad for you (general vegetable oils don't seem to make the grade - as they are heavily processed and mostly contain soya which is really bad for you).

Palm oil and coconut oil have been used extensively around the world for thousands of years. Coconut oil is now found to promote thyroid health (while soy oil is really bad for your thyroid). I would think that a teaspoon of coconut oil up your bum every day will have no health risks whatsoever - certainly not compared to the transfats you consume in your diet every time you eat a donut, factory made biscuits or cakes or pastry goods, factory made pizza whatever.

lie back and enjoy it guys..

Coconut oil is much healthier than chemical lubes.

Do note that any type of oil will cause rubber condoms or toys to perish.
  • GrandTiger
    Well , forget about these suppository molds and syringes:

http://shop.tps-online.com/browse.cfm/2,318.html
    http://shop.tps-online.com/browse.cfm/4,2237.html

They have a minimum order of $75 and will not sell to private individuals.

OK, found these and ordered both:

http://healthcarelogistics.com/default.aspx?page=item%20detail&itemcode=16031
    http://healthcarelogistics.com/default.aspx?page=item%20detail&itemcode=10258

Price is still good.
  • rumelrumel
    Hi guys,

I did some further stove top mix experiments with the Natural Jelly recipe (see - http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/best-lube-probe-thick-rich-best-price-walgreens-com-11942/index2.html#post70835 discussion). I tried olive oil and coconut oil variations from the original almond oil ingredient. The olive oil mixture is virtually the same as the almond oil, but the cooled version with coconut oil is considerably stiffer, thus making its use for suppositories a distinct possibility as well as a surface applied lube for the Aneros.
    My biggest objection to the use of natural oils alone is that as they are warmed by body temperature they become less viscous, more diffuse and lose their lubricity as a result. They can not maintain a good film of viscous material on the surface of the massager and thus diminish their lubricating properties.
    The Natural Jelly formula contains beeswax which has some unique qualities : it is not water soluble and thus does not get absorbed through the rectum into the blood stream, when combined with these natural oils it slows down their absorption as well; it does not lose nearly as much viscosity at body temperature as do the natural oils, it has a natural affinity to coat the plastic of the Aneros massager with a thin film which does not easily squeegee off via skin contact; it doesn’t tend to migrate and diffuse itself at body temperature, thus it stays pretty much right where you put it; it is long lasting and doesn’t seem to break down during usage.
    About the only drawback I’ve found to the Natural Jelly is that it has a slightly greasy feel very much like “Vasoline” jelly with similar clean-up issues, but this is minor compared to all its advantages.
  • Big Guy
    Geez! Many thanks to GrandTiger, rumel, Pmagr, et. al for all the effort and posting... I've been busy for the last week or 2, and haven't had much time for on-line activity. It's gonna take a week or 2 just to try the different ideas you guys have posted, especially rumel's recipe ;-). But, as they say, "it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it"!

I'm currently still just using coconut oil, and after about a month and a 1/2 I'm starting to have that nice tingly sensation throughout my entire lower abdomen, and especially along the underside of the length of my penis after about 30 minutes. It's very pleasant, and I currently find an hour or so of that to be very warming and satisfying. I've stopped "pushing" for specific results, (something I fell into when I first started... being a goal oriented person, and all... ;-)). I do find that the oils work much better for me personally, (more movement, longevity, etc.), than the commercial lubes do, although the commercial lubes work in a pinch. Thanks again for the research and posting!
  • manlymusc
    I use coconut oil and like it. Also use it for cooking and on body. If it is solidified I have warmed it slightly and then used it in a syringe.

I have also ordered J-Lube that you mix with water. This creates a very nice slippery lube and it comes in powder form.
  • darwindarwin

So I looked at getting a syringe to fill the molds and found these:

http://shop.tps-online.com/browse.cfm/4,2237.html

At 100 for $10.85 I could just use one of those to give myself up to 3cc of liquid coconut oil and then chuck it away.

GT-

i decided i wanted to get this. but the site says it is wholesale only, and requires proof of retail certificate.

were you able to purchase them?

here is another site where you can get latex free syringes (you need latex free if you want to use oil-based lube). i had previously gotten the 10ml one from walgreens, but, it is kind of fat, so it is hard to insert.

http://www.healthaccessories.com/ezy_dose/oral_syringes.htm

darwin
  • rookrook
    Antiseptic & Antibiotic Properties

This is a bump of a four-year old thread on Coconut Oil as an anal lube.

Late last week one of the U.S. network news shows in it's "medical segment" mentioned that Coconut Oil might be good for dental care due to it's anti-biotic/anti-bacterial properties.

I've ceased using soaps and detergents that contain Triclosan or similar antiseptics so that announcement caught my interest.  I'm also part of the 'cheering section' for Shea Butter + Coconut Oil lubes including Rumel's Natural Jelly which is a compound of Shea Butter, Beeswax and a natural oil (vegetable, seed etc.). 

Goggle Scholar came up with a raft of peer reviewed papers on the Coconut oil topic.  Below is a link to one concerning the healing of wounds in 'young rats.'  :lol:

So, aside from the anti-bacterial properties of Beeswax, Coconut Oil might be just the thing for anal and periineal hygiene.

-- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20523108 --

A more complete discussion of natural oil compounds for session lube is in Love_is's comprehensive thread on Shea Butter lubes:

-- https://www.aneros.com/forum/discussion/10363 --

• isvara
    I need advice on some basic mixes using coconut oil. Because of its melt point I have difficulty knowing good ratios with Shea butter, and/or bees wax and whether adding a vegetable oil will keep it semi soft around 18*C until inserted.
    Some of the ground workmay have been done. If not okay.
    I have got the beeswax/oil going very well. But I have not got my head around using coconut oil in a mix
  • isvara
    Oops I did not see the reference at the end of rooks last post. I will check it out
  • twlltintwlltin
    I finally found some affordable coconut oil in a local supermarket (Sainsburys, for any other Brits who are interested). It wasn't in the "cooking oils" section (there was a 250ml tub there that was something like £6) but in the Asian foods section. It's refined (so only a very faint smell) but £1.70 for 500ml can't be sniffed at.