Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

No more sharp perineum abutment tabs - an easy fix
  • Ezriyder
    Hi all, haven't been on here for quite a while (been too pre-occupied !!!), but I have something that might be of interest.
    I have an easy fix for the uncomfortable perineum tabs on models like the Eupho and Helix ...

I'm sure most of you will have some flash memory sticks or blue-tooth adaptor dongles and similar lying around the house or work. Well, take a look at the little rounded cover cap that comes with them. I have found that most (OK not all) of these slip over and fit the aneros abutment tab perfectly. Some even click and lock into place (I reckon the guys designing these things know something - or are aneros users !!! because these little covers are made for the job). Once the aneros is inserted the cap can't come off anyhow but if you want to ensure it can't then just fit it with a little blu-tak putty inside it (Blu-Tak in the UK - not sure what the equivalent is in other countries). This sticks it to the aneros tab perfectly but still allows you to pull it off for cleaning when done. The caps are quite thin mouldings so only add 1mm or so to the height of the tab, which is un-noticeable in use. My perfect one is from a Belkin blue-tooth adaptor which has a nice smooth and completely rounded shape.
    I'd add a pic but I couldn't see a way of doing it in the forum.
    Ezriyder.
  • I just use the bulb from a water dropper
  • Ezriyder
    Nice one, I hadn't thought of that !
  • Love_isLove_is
    Inventive fix Ezriyder! Definitely a good idea to keep it a temporary solution. As you may find that later in your Aneros journey that you may want and/or like the more intense pressure of the P-tab.
  • Ezriyder
    Hi Love_is, I really doubt I'll ever like those small tabs. I find them quite irritating and make me sore after a long session.
    I also find they distract me when trying to relax and get into the 'zone'
    Have you found that you actually enjoy them?
    Ezriyder
  • Love_isLove_is
    Yes, I have found that after a while my body adapts to the P-tabs on both the MGX and Helix and they become enjoyable. Each to their own though. If this is what works for you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Lots of Aneros users have done P-tab modifications for the same reasons as you.