Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Kundalini Meditation Forums?
  • stumpy
    I've been performing Kundalini meditation daily (Kelley Howell's specifically) for a little over a week, and have had some very interesting experiences/sensations thus far. I've checked out several meditation forums to read up and collect information, but does anyone recommend a forum for me to use?
  • rookrook
    perhaps checkout the Tao Bums website: -- http://www.thetaobums.com/ --
  • i'm in doubt as that you will find such forum as it is such a specific subject, but there are many books that deal with work on or towards, but under different guises or names, such as tantra, yoga and many books you find under 'spirituality' in your bookshop, my advice is take your time, an absolutely fantastic book to read that is an absolutely a hidden gem. The Way of Zen by Alan W Watts, there is a technique in there that i think even the author isn't aware of it efficacy, mind is dualistic, but you want to move toward 'no mind' which is non-dual... Zen says to move towards 'no mind you can actually use the mind, use it! work with it, try and grasp something ungraspable.

You may then come to a powerful point when the mind gives in as it realises it's own futility, then you have reached no mind... from this many joyous things can happen.

For kundalini specifically or the mother of all super o's you may start to be aware of heat at first at the root/base of the spine... happy days my friend

hope this has been some help HB
  • stumpy
    I guess I should have been more generic and specified meditation in general. However I like to put a name on what I'm going after...even if it goes bi many names...depending on the region of origin.

Rook...check your PM's.
  • stumpy
    Human Being...I'm not exactly doing this in search of the Super O, because I have found that a few times. However in my journey I've found many other things that I guess maybe I'm looking to explain. Even though they might converge along the same path, I'm currently looking to explore them independently.
  • I see stumpy, I guess I just never saw it all as independent so much, just qualitatively different. I think it's a great idea to do some exploration... as I am too delving into the mystical realms of possibility with all that is, there is more, way way more.

The heavens await.

HB
  • stumpy
    I kind of assume they might collide at some point in some kind of superstorm of awakening and orgasm. However I figure due to the dangers I've read about concerning Kundalini awakening, that if I separate them, maybe I can find prevent that. It's entirely possible ignoring the connection between the two could make for a worse situation...but I think I'm prepared for it. lol
  • imperiumimperium
    There are countless books on such subjects and they all no doubt contain use-full material of varying degrees.
    It all really comes down to what you want to get out of a given practice, there are both specific and ambiguous goals along these paths.

There is in truth very little risk to kundalini practice so long as you truly listen to your body and allow it to proceed when it is ready, not when you want. (This is the golden rule of any physical or mental practice)
    Those that become marred into the "traps" or obstacles did not progress in a healthy manor, they tried to skip to the end without knowing the methods to come back down.
    Like a kitten climbing to the top of a tree without knowing how to climb down, and there is no fire department to bring those people back down.

My advice is to buy a book that has a good step by step practice once you have reached the end of that you will be far more ready and safe to go out exploring on your own.

To this end the text I recommend you start with is: "Tantra Yoga Secrets; 18 transformational lessons to serenity, radiance and bliss" by Mukunda Stiles.
    The main reason I recommend this text is that it is concrete lesson based, not just ambiguous information structure is good for beginners. There are other great books I'm just familiar with this one enough to recommend it to you all.

Best in your exploration and do remember the golden rule.