Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Cracks on the Progasm
  • Badger
    Anybody have this problem? I've had my Progasm since just before they introduced the Ice several years ago, replacing my first Progasm, because the P-Tab broke off. That one was mostly my fault; I was trying to adjust its location with a candle, but the plastic bubbled up and eventually broke off. The replacement's P-Tab was left alone, although the K-Tab and heavy tag were removed.

I noticed some hairline cracks on the P-Tab shank area, with one crack a little more prominent than the rest. They don't seem to be growing very fast, though. Why didn't they make the Progasm out of the same durable plastic as the rest of the Aneros models?
  • Ahh, for the exact same reason my old white Progasm now enjoys its retirement as a desktop ornament. I bought a transparent Ice to replace it, I suspect it is made of a more durable type of plastic.
  • big jimbo
    I think you got it backwards. You are supposed to have the Progasm in your crack, not the other way around.
  • Love_isLove_is
    LOL@ big jimbo

I agree that the original Progasm plastic seems not as durable as the plastic in the other models. I've accidentally dropped mine before and broken off one of the arms. If I remember correctly, the change in plastic material for the original Progasm was chosen because they wanted to be able to have other colors besides white. I assume the other type of plastic in the other models would not accommodate that.

Love_is
  • Badger
    [QUOTE=Love_is;103859]If I remember correctly, the change in plastic material for the original Progasm was chosen because they wanted to be able to have other colors besides white. I assume the other type of plastic in the other models would not accommodate that.

I can't imagine that the other plastic can't be color molded; nearly all plastics can have color added; black is the easiest to add, because it also adds solar fade-resistance to the plastic. Like that matters where it's going.

Strength and texture are what I find much more important than pretty colors. But that's just me.

Does any official from Aneros want to interject on the material selection on the Progasm?
  • twlltintwlltin
    [QUOTE=Badger;103864...because it also adds solar fade-resistance to the plastic. Like that matters where it's going.
    "You can stick that where the sun doesn't shine..."