Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Moaning...
  • Hey guys :).

So, I think I'm definitely experiencing this 're-wiring' thing. When I first got my aneros I was trying to use it as much as possible, trying to chase that super-o, but I didn't get very far.
    But today was a breakthrough kind of session. I had spent about a week without using it, I think that break really helped.
    I find that whenever I feel an orgasm building I just can't stop moaning... The more I moan the better it feels.

I know I'm on the right track now, but I have got to stop moaning! Does anyone have any tips for silencing their aneros sessions? I barely ever have the entire house to myself so I can't moan. I almost sound like I'm in pain, if someone heard me it would be the most embarrassing thing... So what the hell do I do? I've tried to stop moaning but so far when I do I also stop the pleasurable feelings. I'm hoping as I become more experienced with the aneros I will be able to control this.

I'm going to try my best to turn the moaning into heavy breathing, but my efforts so far have seem to knock me out of the groove. Is it normal to want to moan this much? I'm usually dead silent when I'm jerking off.
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=RainAndWind;103660]Hey guys :). ... snip ... The more I moan the better it feels. ... correct ! ... sorry 'bout that. I get into a couple of modes where I'm 'summoning' mini-Os or chains of dry-Os with moans.

... I have got to stop moaning!

Good grief man, it's not as bad as if you were to utter swear words. :)

Does anyone have any tips for silencing their aneros sessions?

Sure. Venture to one of the big-box stores like Target or WalMart and shop for several inexpensive decorator throw-pillows. Focus on the ones that might match the decor of your bedroom (suggest you ask a friendly female about color, patterns etc.) Consider those with loose blown-in fluff (polyester fiber etc.) that you can put against your mouth and nose and still breath.

I almost sound like I'm in pain, if someone heard me it would be the most embarrassing thing. So what the hell do I do?

Tell people it's a rough time in your life and you are having nightmares. Your counselor has cautioned about not being awakened until the dream ends naturally.

I've tried to stop moaning but so far when I do I also stop the pleasurable feelings.

Yup!

I'm hoping as I become more experienced with the aneros I will be able to control this. I'm going to try my best to turn the moaning into heavy breathing, but my efforts so far have seem to knock me out of the groove.

perhaps correct, just relax, don't force an artificial silencing, and go with the flow.

Is it normal to want to moan this much? I'm usually dead silent when I'm jerking off.

everyone's mileage seems to vary on this. Brine has reported some solutions -- I think he even closes the outside windows before a session. My wife mistakes it for snoriing so I have as many mouthpieces as I have Aneros toys -- none of the 'snoregards' help. My field dog used to come into the room and bark, adding to the melee. Luckily we have a female neighbor who is sometimes as loud as am I.

... enjoy!
  • darwindarwin
    its a challenge. i stuff a washcloth in my mouth. but that is just so the *neighbors* don't hear in houses next door.

when my wife is home and little kid asleep i am ok w/ moaning. in that case i try to keep it down, but not silent. but i would never have a session when my teenager is home. the problem is that you moan without even realizing it.

i really let it out when home alone in my retreat deep in the house, and washcloth ready.

i think with practice you'll get over this. i think plenty of guys don't moan.

darwin
  • rumelrumel
    RainAndWind,

I agree with 'rook'. I applaud your taking a slight break in Aneros use to evaluate and absorb what you and your body have already learned. If you are concerned about your activities being overheard by others, try to schedule your Anerosessions when others are not around or employ silencer devices as 'rook' suggested. Pillows, towels, foam rubber blocks have all been effectively used as silencers. If you are into BDSM gear, a ball gag or other device may be employed.[QUOTE=RainAndWind;103660]I find that whenever I feel an orgasm building I just can't stop moaning... The more I moan the better it feels.
    I know I'm on the right track now, but I have got to stop moaning! Do you see the inherent contradiction/negation of those statements? Suppressing the natural expressions of your body (moaning, spasms, trembling etc.) is counterproductive. Any limitations you consciously place upon yourself will only inhibit your learning process (the 'rewiring') and stifle future more expansive /expressive feelings and sensations. It is important to freely allow your body to express all these sensations to maximize your pleasure.

Aneros use introduces men to new sensations which in turn induce new behavior patterns, this is perfectly normal and to be expected. Anerosessions are and should be different from your previous penile masturbatory ejaculation sessions. While channeling/directing these moans into heavy breathing may yield some improvements it may also just be another form of suppression. You may be interested in exploring the power of your own sounds to induce orgasm through Jack Johnston's KSMO protocol. This alternate orgasmic pathway is very complimentary to Aneros use.
  • Badger
    How about stuffing your face into a fluffy pillow? It should muffle your sounds of pleasure. Oh, and congrats on your newfound success, and good luck.
  • [QUOTE=rumel;103665]RainAndWind,
    If you are concerned about your activities being overheard by others, try to schedule your Anerosessions when others are not around or employ silencer devices as 'rook' suggested. Pillows, towels, foam rubber blocks have all been effectively used as silencers. If you are into BDSM gear, a ball gag or other device may be employed.

Do you see the inherent contradiction/negation of those statements?

It's disappointing that I have to moan :(. I barely ever have any fully alone time in the house. I have tried putting music on to drown it out but it seems to take away my concentration. Does anyone else find this issue with music???

I do see the contradiction lol. It's not fair! I don't get the house to myself for another 5 days, and I'll probably sleep-in which will give me only 2 hours alone time.

Yesterday when I was feeling it, I tried putting a shirt or a pillow over my head but it was just too distracting, mainly because I couldn't breathe inwards very well. And even through the pillow it was way too loud. If I was to fully breathe through a towel (in and out) would that pose any health risks?, I don't want to faint from lack of oxygen lol.

I thought at the start I would just play music through my room to drown out the moaning, but every-single-time that I have put music on so far it has resulted in a bad experience. My brain just catches onto the tune and I can't focus on anything other than that, but as soon as I turn it off and start moaning a little bit then it really gets going.

I shall have to experiment with my options :)
  • [QUOTE=rumel;103665]You may be interested in exploring the power of your own sounds to induce orgasm through Jack Johnston's KSMO protocol. This alternate orgasmic pathway is very complimentary to Aneros use.

I have never heard of this or anything like it before, but from reading about that KSMO just now it sounds exactly like what I was experiencing. The "key sound" being the moaning. If I don't moan, then I don't feel anything, but if I do then it's amazing.
    If I have music playing, and I try to moan, it doesn't seem to work. It's like I need to hear that sound loud and clear.

It really felt like moaning was the button for the super-o. Every single time I've tried it, it has worked in some way. but every time I suppress the moaning, it doesn't work at all.

This is pretty exciting, looking forward to my next day of privacy...
  • darwindarwin
    try moaning without your voice. kind of moan-breathing

darwin
  • Moaning only really works if it's pronounced, so to speak, and using your diaphragm. Unfortunately, that also means other people will hear it.
    It could work depending on where you live, but even stuffing your face won't silence it much since the bass (hum) of your voice will still be very much audible to others. (And besides that, it cuts half the effectiveness of moaning.) That, and also houses rarely stay empty as it is.

It's a shame since unable to moan is a roadblock - huge for some, small for others - in progress, it seems. Where I live, moaning in sex is ill-mannered towards others. (And I can sort of understand, being awoken at 4am last year by it each night)
  • ok something on topic to share, last night i woke up and went straight into a 'less session and was going brilliantly, was moaning louder and louder feeling it build...
    then i had a massive urge to scream very loud. i needed to, but couldn't i would've woken the house up, and possibly next door.

so ended session, i was nearly in tears and climbing the walls with frustration. now i have spent on a fantastic investment... A GAG!

just 3 discloths wrapped tightly around 2 sponges... sooo wish i'd had that last night.

Peace Human
  • [QUOTE=Human Being;103708]now i have spent on a fantastic investment... A GAG!

We came to the same conclusion
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/noisy-o-15868/#post99987
  • [QUOTE=darwin;103685]try moaning without your voice. kind of moan-breathing

darwinimage

I do this, or turn it into really heavy breathing. So far it works pretty well when there are other people in the house and I really want to get my fix, so to speak.