Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

My first 4 months in review...
  • (this post was edited 2006-02-20 08:27:59)

_____I received my aneros (MGX) in October of last year. At first I used it frequently, a few times a week, more recently, my usage has dwindled down to a few times a month. I guess the problem is that after a brief plateu in the learning curve, I hadn't been making much progress. The first few times I tried it, I got nothing.
    _____After a couple weeks, I began to be aware of my perenial muscles as seperated from my sphincter and rectal muscles. That helped and lifted my hopes. I started to be able to control my perenial mucsles independantly, which led to a slight internal sensation, but mostly my ability to be able to control or obtain erections hands free with my aneros.
    _____However, since then, I have really gotten nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the journey, and find it relaxing to use the device, but I'm still just getting nowhere. I really considered returning the device, but so many people just keep saying "stick with it", "be patient", "it'll come"... unfoortunately it hasn't, and following my last session, I'm thinking maybe i should've returned it... in exchange for a different one.
    _____You see the thing is, from the beginning I've always said upon insertion I don't feel the urge to pee, no pressure, etc.. but many people said "it'll come", "you have to get used to it", etc... Well, I think the reason for me, is that the MGX just may not be long enough for me. During the last session, after about 30 minutes of use, I reached down to adjust the aneros because agin I wasn't really getting anything. I don't really know how I got to this, but I ended up pushing forward (towards my pelvis), and more importantly FARTHER INWARD (or deeper) on the base of the unit, and finally felt that "pressure", and some oddly pleasurable sensations. It was great. I almost instantly produced some pre-cum, and I finally felt like I knew what some of you were referring to. However, when I let go with my hand and tried to do it, I'm back to nothing again. I put on a latex glove, and tried to find my prostate by hand, and it seems like the very tip of my middle finger (which measures 3.5" from the palm crease) barely reaches the base of it. So what I'm thinking is that my prostate my be too deep for the aneros. Is that possible? Has this ever been the case with anyone else? Is this at all common? If so... is there anything I can do? Is there anyway to modify my MGX to make it reach, without compromising its usability? Are there any other aneros models that are LONGER (and possibly angled more towards the pelvis) than the MGX?
    _____Anyone who could provide some insight, experience, or any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry for those ugly lines at the beginning of each paragraph. The board would not keep my spacing to indent each paragraph, and the indents make it much easier/cleaner to read.
  • Edit
    I've had the experiences as you have....non at all till I push my MGX up towards my pelvis. I've had the same thoughts as to maybe my MGX isn't long enough.
  • I'm really hoping that "B Mayfield" or some of the other big guys around here will have some insight in this matter to share... Maybe I should've titled the thread as a question instead. Oops.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    dixiewrecked,

I've been preoccupied for a bit, sorry I missed your thread. There is no question that there can be anatomical variations that may impact the effectiveness of these devices for some individuals. This is one reason that the the Aneros is available in several flavors. Most of the variations however deal with the girth or the angle of the devices by means of their width and contour. According to the manufacturer, the units are fairly similar in length with an insertion of approximately 4 inches (the SGX is 3.5 inches). That said, by my observation the Maximus and the Eupho appear just slightly longer (perhaps a little under an 1/8th of an inch). Furthermore, when in use, the Eupho in particular seems to touch places slightly higher in the rectum for me, albeit not as aggressively as the other massagers.

I'm not so sure that I would advise giving up on the MGX at this point, but if you were dead set on making a change the Eupho or the Maximus might (and I say this with no level of certainty) give you a little extra. I might also consider the Helix which administers a more defined sensation owing to a more pronounced forward contour close to the tip. The length of this device is more consistent with the MGX however.

It's tough, because it's not as if one can size themselves for this. In your case it would be valuable to know whether it is indeed a length issue or an issue of a more anterior location of your prostate (more forward) that is really the limiting factor. If it is the latter, the Helix might be better choice for you.

In terms of modifications, there really is no way to safely and effectively change the angle or the insertable length of these devices. The modifications that I've discussed in the past have only applied to the configuration of the abutment tab. And although it might be possible to bend back the abutment tab on the Helix and the Eupho allowing the body of the units to more fully insert, I suspect that such a change would effect their performance adversely. (The bottom inch and last notch on these units is there for purposes of balance).

BF Mayfield

• (this post was edited 2006-02-24 06:45:11)

(this post was edited 2006-02-24 06:39:25)

Originally Posted By: B Mayfield
    dixiewrecked,

I've been preoccupied for a bit, sorry I missed your thread. There is no question that there can be anatomical variations that may impact the effectiveness of these devices for some individuals. This is one reason that the the Aneros is available in several flavors. Most of the variations however deal with the girth or the angle of the devices by means of their width and contour. According to the manufacturer, the units are fairly similar in length with an insertion of approximately 4 inches (the SGX is 3.5 inches). That said, by my observation the Maximus and the Eupho appear just slightly longer (perhaps a little under an 1/8th of an inch). Furthermore, when in use, the Eupho in particular seems to touch places slightly higher in the rectum for me, albeit not as aggressively as the other massagers.

I'm not so sure that I would advise giving up on the MGX at this point, but if you were dead set on making a change the Eupho or the Maximus might (and I say this with no level of certainty) give you a little extra. I might also consider the Helix which administers a more defined sensation owing to a more pronounced forward contour close to the tip. The length of this device is more consistent with the MGX however.

It's tough, because it's not as if one can size themselves for this. In your case it would be valuable to know whether it is indeed a length issue or an issue of a more anterior location of your prostate (more forward) that is really the limiting factor. If it is the latter, the Helix might be better choice for you.

In terms of modifications, there really is no way to safely and effectively change the angle or the insertable length of these devices. The modifications that I've discussed in the past have only applied to the configuration of the abutment tab. And although it might be possible to bend back the abutment tab on the Helix and the Eupho allowing the body of the units to more fully insert, I suspect that such a change would effect their performance adversely. (The bottom inch and last notch on these units is there for purposes of balance).

BF Mayfield

B Mayfield,
    _____Thanks so much for the response. Your reply really got me to thinking in a new light. So, what was I to do with these thoughts?? Well, go experiment of course! Now as I said before, I can feel the sensations so many people describe, but only when I push on the device, and of course this immediately led me to thinking it wasn't deep enough. I finally mustered up the courage and thought to myself "well, this isn't working as is, so I can toss it and forget it, or at least try and fix it. And if I break it completely, it'll get tossed anyways."
    _____So as you can guess, I began the modification process. Being the "anal" perfectionist that I am (pun intended), of course I had the foresight to trace out the ORIGINAL MGX shape in the small chance that I would need it. Then, using some of the... uhh... "controversially safe" techniques some others have mentioned on the board, I heated up my tabs, and tried to angle them down a bit, giving me a little bit more insertion length. After molding, cooling, and cleaning, I returned to try it out. DRATS! Nothing. It seems as though the device MAY go slightly deeper, but upon contractions, it ONLY goes deeper down the path of my rectum until my anus hits the thinnest point of the aneros' body and then stops... still with no prostate contact at all. But then, I reached an epiphany. Without the pressure of either tab directing the body of the MGX inside of me, I reached back and angled it forwards. BINGO! There it was. I finally felt it.
    _____So, I did a quick cleanup and returned to my... uhh... "modification workspace". I reshaped the tabs back to the original shape. But then I remelted the perinium tab, and RAISED the tab upwards a bit and brought it in closer to the body of the unit (which after initially seeking a deeper insertion seems a bit COUNTERINTUITIVE... but when considering the angle of body movement, actually makes sense). The front tab didn't seem to take as well to the third melting as it did the previous ones, and the plastic actually got a few bubbles in it, but regardless still formed and rehardened quite strongly. It's not much to look at, but hey, I'm not in it for it's looks. haha. So again I cooled it, and cleaned it. Then for the third time, took it back for a session. Immediately the device was different. It responded different, and reached where it never had before. Upon initial insertion, I felt the pressure. I began to do my warm ups, and for the first time I can understand how I would do them for 15 minutes straight. Every slow easy contraction, I could actually feel the device gently sliding along my prostate. Before, all I could feel was 15 minutes of my posterior muscles contracting... or 3 minutes until I became bored of it. But now it was totally different. I actually WANTED to just lay there and feel that new sensation of those gentle movements and how each contraction felt. It was like I was more caught up in what I was feeling inside than I was with my arousal. After a couple minutes I began to feel like a sort of "energy" in me, that I assume is what everyone else describes. Also, after my warm up I looked down, and I actually dripped several dabs of fluid from my penis. Unfortunately, I was working with a tight time schedule by this time (after modifying 3 times, and attempting each session) so I didn't have much time to try a full session or approach a super-o... but even without, that 15 or 20 minutes was BY FAR my best time spent with the aneros yet.
    _____So, it turns out it was all the ANGLING of the device. It just wasn't aggressive enough for my body to make any contact. So, I regain hope (beyond what I ever had) for this device. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to have any time in the next few days to get back with it again, but I will definitely be sure to keep you posted with my experiences. One thing I was wondering though, is how intense should the pressure on my prostate be to achive the super-o? As I described earlier, right now, it is light and gentle... sort of feels like the aneros is "gliding" across the prostate, and not really pushing INTO it (a distinctly different sensation I can generate if I push the aneros INTO it, as opposed to how it "glides" right now). Does this sound right to you? I didn't want to modify the aneros any further without trying this configuration for awhile especially when I don't know completely what I'm looking for, and I don't want the plastic to get brittle. So for now I'm sticking with the "gliding" and hoping that's what I need. Perhaps down the road I would be wise to invest in a helix, with it's more aggressive forward angle? Either way, I'm not giving up on my MGX yet! Anyway, thanks so much for the help and insight, and hopefully THIS really is the NEW beginning to my journey.

Thanks!
    Dixiewrecked
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Dixiewrecked,

Congratulations on your discovery! I understand precisely how this is working for you. As you say, bringing the tab forward would seem to be counterintuitive in that it would preclude deeper insertion of the unit. However, under the right circumstances (as seems to have occurred here) this modification causes the body of the unit to pivot on the abutment tab, upwards. In essence the unit is not necessarily going deeper but angling forward/upward. I should note that I tried this same modification only to find that the movement was hindered. This may be on account of subtle differences in anal musculature. For instance, if the anal canal is slightly longer in some individuals, it might prevent deviation from the centerline (almost like placing objects on the inside and outside of a door fairly close to the door jam). If the anal canal is shorter or less confining (on the inside) it would allow for this torquing motion that you've observed. I guess that you've effectively answered the question about what was causing your problems. Frankly, given all of the feedback that I've seen over the years I think this is by far the most common of the anatomical variations out there.

With regard to the intensity of the unit, at this point I wouldn't make any further changes. Work with it for a while first. The truth is that it does not take DEEP or intensive prostate massage to initiate a Super O. Again, it is about setting up that positive feedback loop between the prostate, anus and perineal accupressure point. From your description, it would appear that the circle (or is it a triangle) is finally complete! That is assuming that you find the location of the tab on your perineum stimulating. Yes, there are so many parameters to consider, but you've done pretty well here I think.

With regard to the appearance of the unit....don't give it another thought. After all, who's going to see it other than you, and in the final analysis what really matters is how the device performs anyway. You should see MY MGX Classic! Man is it ugly, a big gnarly discolored blob of plastic just an inch or so underneath the top of the abutment tab. At one point my tab had actually come off! I had to get both ends fairly liquid to join them again, this had the result of shortening the overall length of the abutment arm.....which coincidentally was exactly what I needed. My MGX Classic now has a tab and arm much more consistent with a New Style MGX, but with all of the features that made the Classic a winner (nodules at the tip).

Keep us posted on your developments with this. If all goes well, you may want to consider posting to those threads where users have complained about lack of contact.

Good Luck,

BF Mayfield