Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

365/24/7 Aneros Chat Center?
  • Hello Aneros,

Would it be possible to keep the official Chat Center open 365/24/7 (year round)?

I'm not sure what the bandwidth demands and other cost factors were to maintain the chat center for the entire month of January 2012, but I really appreciated the opportunity to live chat with all of our members. We had many new members join the chats, and they were very appreciative of the ability to pose questions in realtime and have those questions answered.

The inclusion of new members in the live chats also served as a welcome weather vane for the seasoned members. In addition, the participation of our new members served to remind many of the seasoned members of their own Aneros journeys while providing an opportunity for them to learn some new techniques along the way.

Many of the seasoned members also participated in a wide range of topic discussions. I found that this provided an opportunity to generate a degree of male bonding between the members that could never have been achieved through the regular participation that posting threads on this forum provides. Personally, these discussions also served to broaden and deepen my understanding of how significant the Aneros journey has been for myself and others.

So what do you say?

SS

With thanks to twiltin, rook1134, & ten_s_nut for their editorial review.
  • I agree with Self Stimulator. I am new to Aneros and found the few times I was in the chat room to be very helpful. The people I chatted with were all very helpful. If, for some reason, you can't keep the chat room open 24/7 maybe it could be opened for certain hours of the day.
  • twlltintwlltin
    There is an alternative chat area available all the time. However it would be preferable if the one on this site was open continuously.
  • I think the new members would benefit if the chatroom was open 24/7. It's a lot easier chatting than thumbing through the forum for an answer to the question. Plus the more traffic to your website the higher your site will be in the rankings which should increase your overall sales
  • brine
    Agree, agree, agree!!!!!

Brian
  • Agreed.

Please let people scroll up a few pages also its so annoying to get a glass of water an miss out on what people said when the room is busy & full.
  • twlltintwlltin
    [QUOTE=imperium;103397]Please let people scroll up a few pages also its so annoying to get a glass of water an miss out on what people said when the room is busy & full.
    You wouldn't need that if the "history" function worked consistently.
  • airbagairbag
    Chat being open only once in a while is not as dumb as it looks. Chat is mostly empty anyway, so limiting it to specific hours on specific days serves as scheduling it. We would spread ourselves too thin by trying to chat on all days of the week.
  • It would be nice to have some scheduled chat times so a lot of people can join in,  but it would also be nice to have it available 24/7 so folks who can't keep the scheduled times could benefit from spontaneous chats also.