Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

what are your thoughts on Kundalini and psychosis
  • legacelegace
    Posts: 129
    When i search the web i always find stories about people going "crazy" or having strange things happen to them when attempting to raise kundalini energy, or cosmic orgasm , i think the super "O" is the same thing as those ?

    What is your take on the subject ? I guess it could be possible, you are playing around with something that effects your nerves/mental state.

    decided to make the thread after reading this today.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Posts: 888
    Hello, legace.

    I read the page you linked. Seems very far-fetched to me and I've been practicing Tantric Yoga for almost 40 years. It is true that Aneros can assist you in amplifying internal energy pathways, eventually allowing Super-O feelings to reach your head. That does result in very "trippy" experiences, but they are transient. When the Super-O is over, the "high" is gone. I suspect that the people who have reported Kundalini energy psychosis had psychological problems prior to their Yoga experiences.


  • rumelrumel
    Posts: 2,492

    This question occasionally arises from time to time on this Forum. As far as I know there have been no occurrences of psychosis imageor the Kundalini syndrome arising as a result of Aneros usage.

    There are consequences for any action or inaction we take. If you endeavor to dwell on the risks of life you may be frozen away from living an enriching life at all. All of life's endeavors involve an element of risk. The extremely low probability of invoking the Kundalini syndrome from use of a prostate massager is far outweighed, IMHO, by the likelihood of experiencing repeated, blissful Super-O's. As Aneros said in some of their promotions...”Have courage!”

    If one worries consistently about the <1% chance of something unfortunate happening, then he misses out on enjoying the good things that occur >99% of the time.
  • hydrogenhydrogen
    Posts: 115
    To raise kundalini energy is not the same as the super "O", at least for most aneros users. Aneros practice doesn't direct energy from base chakra to crown chakra via heart chakra.

    What's going up has to come down. Kundalini is a dangerous practice. It only teaches to rise up the energy never how to bring down the energy.

    The same side effect could happen theoretically. Some users already complaint about restless, insomia and headache. But I suspect aneros practice can't reach the energy level of Kundalini because there is a plug inside the rectum. It'll be too painful. I'd imaging it's like a power drill had the aneros practitioner reached the kundalini rising energy.
  • legacelegace
    Posts: 129
    They all seem the same to me, they all require rhythmic/relaxed breathing with some concentration on the "root".
  • hydrogenhydrogen
    Posts: 115
    [QUOTE=legace;103341]They all seem the same to me, they all require rhythmic/relaxed breathing with some concentration on the "root".

    Rape and making love is the same to you? penis in pussy.
    Singing and noise is the same to you? both are sound.
    Massage and beating is the same to you? both fist on body.