Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

MGX - newer vs older version?
  • I understand that MGX underwent a design change. Which is better, and how can I tell which "generation" I am purchasing if I am buying from a distributor?
  • rookrook
    From what I've heard and seen on the Forum, the earlier version of the MGX is now called the "Classic" and is available in the Volcano pack -- Volcano Pak --. Over in the High Island Health store it's known as the PS-New -- Prostate Massage Prostate Massager Prostatitis BPH Treatment Product Detail --.

Look for the two 'nodules' on the head.

hth
  • Hey there,

I noticed the difference in design as well, as with my first MGX, i went and ahead and took the tail off, so then after awhile was wondering about the possible difference with no way to compare. So went to my local shop and grabbed the MGX which was the newer version.

I actually think, and my own opinion, that the orginial was a little better because of those two nodes on the tip.
  • So is the older version of MGX worse at producing sensations anyone know? Because i was thinking about getting it, but for some odd reason the thought of the noduls rubbing against my prostate turns me on, has anyone here tried the older version? And what do you think of it? Is it worth the money? I really wish aneros would produce some new plastic models rather than new models with a pointless vibrator function which you dont even need.
  • [QUOTE=thecritta;101209] I really wish aneros would produce some new plastic models rather than new models with a pointless vibrator function which you dont even need.

Hey, critta.

Sure new plastic (especially silicone) models would be nice. But, don't be dissing the Vice+vibe. That thing is awesome once you figure out how to use it. Super-O City, really.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • Seems odd to me that "aneros" offers money back guarantees but HIH does not in any way.
    I would have assumed that if you purchased from thier website they would have the same policies.
  • rookrook
    One happy family with two different markets, two different business models, two different sets of enabling objectives, two individualized merchandising images and on the HIH side, a keen sense of the medical device market and it's regulatory component. Will Tempo and Vice eventually appear in the HIH catalog? -- I'd doubt that.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    [QUOTE=wontquit;101199]I understand that MGX underwent a design change. Which is better, and how can I tell which "generation" I am purchasing if I am buying from a distributor?

With respect to a "design change" on the MGX this occurred some 7 or 8 years ago now. When the redesigned MGX was released the older model became known as the Classic. The Classic is no longer available from distributors and must be purchased from the Aneros or HIH websites.

The Classic is unique in two regards; first, it has a longer abutment arm so the tab contacts your perineum closer to your scrotum than to the anus. Secondly, and most importantly, it has two raised areas (nodules) on the tip. While some users described them as irritating, others have found them quite arousing....I was definitely with the latter group on this. The Classic is best suited for users who enjoy more focused stimulation and prefer perineal stimulation a little higher up. For the most of us who enjoy perineal contact a bit lower, modifying the arm (shortening it) will be necessary.

The Classic is definitely NOT for everybody. I would not recommend it to users who have experienced irritation from other models. @theCritta, given your history of health concerns, I would strongly advise against this one for you.

BF Mayfield
  • [QUOTE=B Mayfield;101228]

With respect to a "design change" on the MGX this occurred some 7 or 8 years ago now. When the redesigned MGX was released the older model became known as the Classic. The Classic is no longer available from distributors and must be purchased from the Aneros or HIH websites.

The Classic is unique in two regards; first, it has a longer abutment arm so the tab contacts your perineum closer to your scrotum than to the anus. Secondly, and most importantly, it has two raised areas (nodules) on the tip. While some users described them as irritating, others have found them quite arousing....I was definitely with the latter group on this. The Classic is best suited for users who enjoy more focused stimulation and prefer perineal stimulation a little higher up. For the most of us who enjoy perineal contact a bit lower, modifying the arm (shortening it) will be necessary.

The Classic is definitely NOT for everybody. I would not recommend it to users who have experienced irritation from other models. @theCritta, given your history of health concerns, I would strongly advise against this one for you.

BF Mayfield

Can you please elaborate and explain why? Do you think i might injure myself again?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Critta,

There are handful of users that reported observing blood after using the Classic. In most cases it involved the use of manual intervention (a practice that is discouraged with ANY Aneros models), but it was a curious development nonetheless. While this was not profuse bleeding by any means, it was of concern. (It generally amounted to a pink coloration of the tip of the massager once it was removed). It's odd considering the fact that the ridges on the tip are not very pronounced and are actually quite rounded. I might have discounted all of this if I hadn't observed it myself on one or two occasions. Perhaps this says something about the design of this model in that it focuses force onto a smaller surface area. More likely it's simply the case that the rectal tissue of some individuals is more delicate than that of others. Just to be clear, I still believe this to be a safe device for most people when used as directed. However, given the medical history that you've detailed over the last several years here in the forum, and your tendency towards a more vigorous approach, it would seem inadvisable for you to be using this item.

Enjoy yourself, but be safe!

BF Mayfield
  • [QUOTE=B Mayfield;101234]Critta,

There are handful of users that reported observing blood after using the Classic. In most cases it involved the use of manual intervention (a practice that is discouraged with ANY Aneros models), but it was a curious development nonetheless. While this was not profuse bleeding by any means, it was of concern. (It generally amounted to a pink coloration of the tip of the massager once it was removed). It's odd considering the fact that the ridges on the tip are not very pronounced and are actually quite rounded. I might have discounted all of this if I hadn't observed it myself on one or two occasions. Perhaps this says something about the design of this model in that it focuses force onto a smaller surface area. More likely it's simply the case that the rectal tissue of some individuals is more delicate than that of others. Just to be clear, I still believe this to be a safe device for most people when used as directed. However, given the medical history that you've detailed over the last several years here in the forum, and your tendency towards a more vigorous approach, it would seem inadvisable for you to be using this item.

Enjoy yourself, but be safe!

BF Mayfield

Thanks Brian for the golden advice even though i have been a bit overly vigorous with aneros
    i must point out that i never manually move the aneros while is inserted, the only time i ever touch
    it while it is inserted is adjust the aneros usually to move the position the head is pointing.

Anyway thats dissapointing to hear that users have experienced some minor bleeding with the mgx
    classic, i guess that spoils the party and ends my descision to go ahead and purchase the earlier
    classic model, its just that i was looking for something a bit different i guess that is all, and by the
    way i have made enough stupid descisions already enough as it is i dont need to make one more
    and injure myself even further, i have been thinking maybe i should throw out my bigger progasm
    models because i cant trust myself anymore lying on my stomach and pushing the head of the
    aneros harder into the prostate for more fuller stimulation, but i dont know if i can bring myself
    to part with my precious progasm ice and my other blue colored progasm, so hopefully i can make
    the decision eventually for the better and to reduce the risk of stupid, i mean injury happening again.

Thanks for the advice mate and keep well take care old friend.

Cheers thecritta