Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Chat Room is Dead, why?
  • priapusonepriapusone
    I have been on and at different times, all totall of two peeps...hmmm, why?
  • priapusonepriapusone
    This is very discouraging, at the least!
  • twlltintwlltin
    It's busiest during the afternoon and early evening in the USA.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Priapusone,

It's all a matter of timing. The chat tends to attract more users from the U.S., consequently the times where the attendance is highest are generally afternoons and evenings (U.S. time) as
    twlltin mentioned. If you're interested in putting together a more international gathering you might want to consider creating a thread that announces your intention to do so. We have a great many members from Australia, the U.K. and Europe that might be interested. The key would be scheduling something that works for everybody.....could be a bit of a challenge, but give it a shot!

BF Mayfield

p.s. As of this moment there are 6 people in the chat.
  • rumelrumel
    priapusone,

In addition to what 'twlltin' & 'B Mayfield' said, since hurricane Irene is currently hammering the east coast of the USA, there are probably many without normal access to their internet or even power right now. Also this being the last weekend before the coming Labor Day holiday, many members may be on vacation or enjoying the latter days of summer outside where the weather is more favorable. Currently there are 5 people in the Chat Room which is pretty normal for this time of day.
  • priapusonepriapusone
    ok, I see then!
  • twlltintwlltin
    Another thing to try if the chat room is empty is to hang around waiting for someone to join. Many won't join if they see nobody's there. Don't forget to say "Hi" reasonably quickly when someone does join.
  • VoyagerVoyager
    I have not been active on chat or the forum recently.
    This is due to various domestic problems.
    Sorry.
    I hope this will change in the near future.
    All the best men.
  • Pria,
    Let a bunch of us know when to have a big get together in the chat room and I bet a lot of guys will come and come and come again. Lol
  • twlltintwlltin
    Do the staff reset the available chat times periodically? There are none showing for the coming weekends.
  • rookrook
    Labor Day weekend is upon us. Perhaps Support is looking forward to joining in on the Last Swim of Summer, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and parading in one's Chevrolet.

Take it easy on the Potato Salad guys -- I've heard it's a real session killer !
  • Winter is coming...this is actually the first time I've checked the forum in weeks...summer is berry berry busy.

C