Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Questions: "grip" too hard? tender and still feel it in me afterwards, is that bad?
  • rifan
    Hi all,

I am new to the Aneros. I first came across it a year ago when I was misdiagnosed with prostatitis that turned out to be pelvic floor muscle tension. (Physical therapy got rid of the worst of that; it still comes and goes but isn't as painful.) I randomly decided to order a Helix a couple days ago when I happened across the Aneros wiki and forum. I figured if nothing else, I could still use some assistance learning to relax down there. :D

So I used my virginal new Helix yesterday for two lengthy sessions, which were okay. I tried to relax, but ended up finishing my sessions with regular masturbation. What I did notice, especially on the second session, was that thrusting my hips forward and gripping the Aneros internally with a lot of pressure felt pretty good. But can one overdo it and cause damage by "gripping" too hard? The sides of my glutes are pretty sore today from all that flexing and squeezing, which surprised me. :o

Today I had a Helix session and did my best to stick with relaxing. I noticed a sensation during, as if I one spot wasn't lubed enough although I think it was. I even pulled the Helix out to reapply at one point.

Three-ish hours later I find that I'm very "aware" down there, and it feels like I still have something inside me. My sore spot to the left of the prostate is still sore, although that could be the pelvic tension, because I recall that sensation from before.

Am I overdoing it, or is this sort of thing normal when new to the Aneros? Also, should I focus my contractions or other squeezing down by the outer sphinter, or can I squeeze higher so that it feels like I'm gripping the Aneros inside me?

Lastly, I wonder if you ever find it tends to maneuver itself in deep on its own? That is my experience. Today, near my end, it moved so deep the perineum pressure tab was digging in uncomfortably. Then when I had my (normal) orgasm, I felt like the fluid just kind of fell out because of the perineum pressure from the Helix. I noticed the same thing yesterday too. I think it's the device in general, not where the tab falls.

I know that it's supposed to be safe to use the Aneros during regular sex, which implies a lot of thrusting and such, along with penile orgrasm. I know some people here do 'grinding' although I'm not sure that's the same as what I describe above. So I'd like to think these things are okay. But I'd welcome some reassurance that others have squeezed tight, and/or experienced sensations or soreness afterwards and lived to tell the tale. :)

Thanks!
  • rookrook
    Hello rifan and welcome to the Aneros Forum,

Please read over the Wiki and continue to post questions as they arise. Rumel usually sends out a welcome P.M. and post with some valuable links to get you started safely.

[QUOTE=rifan;100140]Hi all,

What I did notice, especially on the second session, was that thrusting my hips forward and gripping the Aneros internally with a lot of pressure felt pretty good. But can one overdo it and cause damage by "gripping" too hard?
    Thanks!Generally, if you are properly cleaned and lubed on any surface (except the p-tab) that contacts the Aneros, you should not be capable of doing any physical damage. That said, if you experience pain after a session, don't start another one until the pain has subsided for a day.

[QUOTE=rifan;100140]

Three-ish hours later I find that I'm very "aware" down there, and it feels like I still have something inside me. My sore spot to the left of the prostate is still sore, although that could be the pelvic tension, because I recall that sensation from before.

Am I overdoing it, or is this sort of thing normal when new to the Aneros? Early in the Journey for most men, there's a tendency to apply contractions as though one was masturbating their prostate, vigorously. Again, if this causes pain, lay off for a day and let the body recover.

[QUOTE=rifan;100140]...Also, should I focus my contractions or other squeezing down by the outer sphinter, or can I squeeze higher so that it feels like I'm gripping the Aneros inside me?

Lastly, I wonder if you ever find it tends to maneuver itself in deep on its own? That is my experience. Today, near my end, it moved so deep the perineum pressure tab was digging in uncomfortably. Then when I had my (normal) orgasm, I felt like the fluid just kind of fell out because of the perineum pressure from the Helix. I noticed the same thing yesterday too. I think it's the device in general, not where the tab falls.

I know that it's supposed to be safe to use the Aneros during regular sex, which implies a lot of thrusting and such, along with penile orgrasm. I know some people here do 'grinding' although I'm not sure that's the same as what I describe above. So I'd like to think these things are okay. But I'd welcome some reassurance that others have squeezed tight, and/or experienced sensations or soreness afterwards and lived to tell the tale. :)

Thanks!Any muscle you can gain hands-off control over is OK. Same cleanliness and lubrication rules apply. That said, If you experience what feels like an internal cramp or pain when you get into an usual posture or position during sex or are being ridden by a mate, that's the time to ease off on that position. Or, exercise common sense and relax the muscle contraction that triggered the pain.

Expect during extended sessions, when you are well relaxed, for your body to involuntarily maneuver the Aneros by clenching it.

Personally I don't gain maneuvering control over any of the Aneros toys with my glutes save for the Vice with it's thick abutment arm. However, well lubed the Vice does not have sufficient bulk or length to do me any harm.

The basic rule: "IF IT HURTS, DON'T DO IT !"
  • slimjm
    Hey, rifan. The learning curve with these things, steeper for some than others, is to relax completely and do gentle PC contractions, the contraction you'd use to cut off your urine flow midstream and see if this will generate involuntary contractions of your rectum and anal sphincter muscles that causes the massager to feel like it's being pulled inward without your doing it yourself. It takes practice over many sessions to identify this sensation and train that response but that's the sequence of events that leads to the dry orgasms.
  • calmercalmer
    Hi Rifan - I have been using my devices for over 7 years now and am still learning new tricks. I too found during the early stages there was a tendency to squeeze too hard which caused discomfort afterwards and I was concerned that I could do myself harm. However, apart form some tenderness and tiredness after a session I have never experienced any damage.

I have watch many videos showing some users thrashing around but in my experience that is just a waist of energy. I prefer the tranquil seas approach where I just relax listening to some quiet music and let the sensation wash over me. Your body know what it likes even what it craves for and will position the device right where it wants it. I just insert a device part of the way in (usually just past the first knuckle) and my body does the rest. The device is sucked in until it reaches home (where ever that may be depending you your body size and shape).

I have never been disappointed and every session brings with it different sensations and feelings... Squeezing to hard and wishing the sensations to begin is the way to disappointment. Yes by all means finish up with a traditional orgasm at the end of a session if you like but generally I am so tired I just fall asleep during the tranquil seas feeling at the end.