Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Sweet Spot Questions and Concerns
  • rck
    Sorry, I'm a newb so I apologize if this is covered ad naseum elsewhere. I'm having trouble with the sweet spot. First, I'm not REALLY sure what I'm looking for. But, I did as has been suggested and when aroused, traced the raised line of my perineum from my scrotum to my anus, and then back. The most "sensative" area for me is WAY much closer to the scrotum than the P tab on my Helix could ever hope to reach. If I am in fact just looking for the most responsive area then it's maybe 1/2 inch or so below my scrotum. The p-tab on the helix seems like it is very near the anus.

During my three sessions I've never really felt anything good from the p-tab, I have felt a bit of pressure as it holds the helix and is its fulcrum. And, on a couple of occasions during a session I have tried reach down and "stretch" the tab. This doesn't result in better feelings to the perineum necessarily, but it does seem to adjust the helix into a position more "on" my prostate.

So, is this normal for a "sweet spot" or am I looking for the wrong thing? And, if it is so high any recommendations I can try?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Rck,

I have a question, when you say "the most responsive area" are you referring to sensations that are penile or more prostatic? While the Sweet Spot can generate referred sensations in one's penis, the sensation (and this is very subtle to begin with) generally has an internal component as well. Next, is it possible to have a Sweet Spot (perineal acupressure spot) that is located closer to one's scrotum.....absolutely. But generally it is closer to the anus. The first generation MGX (the Aneros "Classic") had/has a P-tab with a higher orientation. That may be something to explore at a later time, but for now, given that many of these sensations are new to you, I would recommend staying with your Helix and exploring it a while longer.
    The fact is that it often takes time to wake one's perineum up (just as one's prostate). Once this occurs you may discover sensitivity in another location as well.

BF Mayfield

Remain open to all....and things will reveal themselves to you.

• rck
    That's a really good question because I didn't make a mental note at the time. I don't remember that sensativity as having an internal ring to it, more of an external tickle. I don't know/recall if it went straight to my penis, or if it was localized where it was at. But, what I do know is the tickle was definitely sexual in nature (in terms of type of pleasure). That leads me to believe that maybe it was linked to the penis, but I'll have to experiment some more.

Thank you for your response and input. I figure it's possible my SS is much higher than most, but I also figure the helix is designed to hit, or at least very nearly hit, the greatest number of people so that's why I'm wondering if I'm just "missing" whatever it is I'm supposed to be looking for.
  • slimjm
    Hey, rck. For months I never really felt much from the P-tab but once rewiring took place and super-O's starting coming, I could identify the pressure on the perineum from the P-tab and the contribution that made to the orgasms. Just my opinion here, but I'd not worry particularly about it for now. Try warming the Helix before using it and once it's in don't do anything for about 10 minutes except relaxing and breathing slowly and deeply. Then try pulling gently with your PC muscles (the muscles you use to cut off your urine flow midstream) on and off about 20 to 30 seconds at the time for a number of times.

With regular practice, and it may take weeks, you should reach the point you feel involuntary quivering-like contractions of the anal sphincter, especially if you lightly tickle your nipples while doing the PC contractions. Cultivating these quivering anal contractions should in time get you to the point you feel warm sensations building in your pelvis accompanied by an involuntary inward pull of the Helix into the rectum (this is when you'll best feel the effect of the P-tab pressing into your perineum). With time and practice you should be able to feel the warm sensations in the pelvis build until they spread into the penis and make you feel like you're ejaculating, only you're dry.
  • PommiePommie
    slimjm,

Thank you so much for that!

This is very similar to my own practice, although, as yet, my responses have not been so reliable.

I have printed it out to remind myself of the finer points.
  • slimjm
    Pommie, it took me months before warm feelings in my pelvis began to occur in sessions, partly as I believe the Helix I had been using from the first as a "beginning model" didn't quite reach the sweet spot inside (6'2" 180 lbs here) and in fact still doesn't. It was the longer slender Eupho that made things really start happening for me and is far and away my most consistent performer for over a year now.
  • Turnrow
    Thank for this tip, Slimjm.

You and I are about the same height. I was 6' 2" as a younger man before degenerative disc disease. But my abdominal/pelvic area is not the body area that diminished in size as age set in. So I am going to order the Eupho today and give it a whirl, as I have the Helix and perceive that you and I are alike in anatomy.
  • rookrook
    remember guys that over time, there will be anatomical and behavioral changes that influence where the p-tab lands.

Increased relaxation will allow the Aneros to seek a different position and angle. Some bulking of the anal and PC musculature will also influence toy position and where the p-tab settles. You may also have some physical bulking around the sweet spot.

with over two years of Aneros use, I find that I'm more bulked along the centerline of my perineum and that plays with an asymetric prostate (more bulged on the left side) to force the p-tab off-center, and almost an inch from my 'sweet spot.'

Solution: It is what it is. I don't sweat this detail, particularly with the advanced toys like Helix or Eupho which tend to find their own 'neutral position.' And, I'm not about to use a heat gun to mess with the p-tab.

However, if one is new to the Aneros, padding it with a medicine dropper bulb may be a good move while you bulk up and get more into deep relaxation. See: -- Advanced Skills - Aneros Wiki -- scroll down to the paragraph on "abutment tab"
  • rck
    Thanks Slimjim! That's very helpful. I checked early this morning and I think my sweet spot might be more normal after all. Based on B's question I checked and that sensative area I felt before is definitely penis related. I did notice an area much closer to my anus that when pressed gave off more of a feeling inside me, or at least seemingly linked to my prostate. Hope I can find it again during a session, lol. But, that made me think that I might be alright, and as you say, I'll just have to be patient.

[QUOTE=slimjm;99944]Hey, rck. For months I never really felt much from the P-tab but once rewiring took place and super-O's starting coming, I could identify the pressure on the perineum from the P-tab and the contribution that made to the orgasms. Just my opinion here, but I'd not worry particularly about it for now. Try warming the Helix before using it and once it's in don't do anything for about 10 minutes except relaxing and breathing slowly and deeply. Then try pulling gently with your PC muscles (the muscles you use to cut off your urine flow midstream) on and off about 20 to 30 seconds at the time for a number of times.

With regular practice, and it may take weeks, you should reach the point you feel involuntary quivering-like contractions of the anal sphincter, especially if you lightly tickle your nipples while doing the PC contractions. Cultivating these quivering anal contractions should in time get you to the point you feel warm sensations building in your pelvis accompanied by an involuntary inward pull of the Helix into the rectum (this is when you'll best feel the effect of the P-tab pressing into your perineum). With time and practice you should be able to feel the warm sensations in the pelvis build until they spread into the penis and make you feel like you're ejaculating, only you're dry.
  • Edjuh06
    rck, that's what you have to do: be patient. Just as slimjm I couldn't locate my sweet spot for almost a year. But after 14 months I began starting to rewire and could feel a little sort of a sweet spot. For some people things develop slowly. Hang on!
  • Linghaman
    Keep in mind that we are all different. It took me a while to get to my dry O because I discovered that I have my own sweet spot, and I wasn't using it. In my case my frenulum (the cleft area under my corona or cockhead) is my sweet spot. I needed pressure (not friction) on that and nipple stim to get my prostate going. In due time I didn't even need my aneros to launch into super O's by using frenulum pressure and nipple stim.

Another interesting discovery for me was that I have my most powerful O s between 3AM and 6AM. I think it is because male hormones are peak then. Or so I have been told.

The key here is patience and experimentation. Be adventururous and develop body awareness. Your body sends very subtle signals if you can learn to recognize them and follow them. Three years ago when I joined this group one of the senior members advised me to let the process lead me rather than force things to happen. So I have learned to feel ever so subtle things my orgasmic equipment is telling me and fan the spark when it happens.

Now when I am lying and breathing I use an image that the O is a train in the distance that I am waiting for. I can sense it coming closer and closer, and I must patiently wait for it so I can jump on.
  • rck
    I've made great progress today. I checked myself out and used a red marker to mark the spot that when pressed seemed the most likely to connect to my prostate. Lo and behold when I had a session this afternoon the P-tab was almost dead-on the red mark. Besides that, I had by far my most memorable and impressive session to date. I'll post in my blog the particulars since that is what I understand to be the proper protocol.

For now I'm not gonna change a thing! Thanks to everyone so far for all the nuggets and wise words.