Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

progasm alterations
  • Has anyone here modified the progasm by making the diameter of the base smaller. It feels to mee like it holds my hole open too far ? I was thinking if it was a smaller diameter it might be better for me. Anybody done this ?
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    I have not. Have you already done it? :?:
    Bishop
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=UNCHOSENNAME;80763]Has anyone here modified the progasm by making the diameter of the base smaller. It feels to mee like it holds my hole open too far ? I was thinking if it was a smaller diameter it might be better for me. Anybody done this ?

yup, did just that -- mostly to get it circular rather than oval. Much more comfortable however, later on my wife bought me another Progasm. While the circular stem (base) is more comfotable, I'm not sure that it improved balance, control or mobility.
  • pnomanpnoman
    I would love to mod my progasm...but I remember issues of air pockets within the material. I would love to shrink the head a little and the midsection. If you're going to do it, we'd love to see pics!
  • PommiePommie
    pnoman,

If you want to modify a Progasm, seems to me the model to use is the 'Ice'. With this one you can see where the air bubbles are.
  • rookrook
    Hi Pnoman and UDN,

Here are the before and after photos of "phase 1" of a mod project. Phase 2 went further with some minor shaving along the areas that are colored red, yellow and green and formed a 'ventral' ridge (similar to that on MGX) along the 'belly' (anterior). I also removed about 1/16" of material from either side of the body and the head.

-- http://www.aneros.com/forum/members/rook/albums/rook-s-album-1/ --

'HelixBill' was also modifying a Progasm in early 2010. We exchanged numerous PMs on techniques and ideas for shaping. IIRC, we were both looking for a smaller, circular stem and both trying to correct an 'ejection issue.' If you want a list of the specific Dremel stuff and abrasives I used, send me a PM and I'll construct a list.

One Forum member said, "why don't you just buy a Maximus." Later I bought a Max and find that it's a near perfect fit for me. Has all the good features, full feeling, small circular stem, etc. I use Max as a warm-up tool and either Helix or Eupho for the orgasmic portion of my sessions.

An important point, all of my mods didn't really resolve the 'ejection' issue ! :(

My wife awarded me with a new (red) Progasm. Now, a year later, following some 'stretch training,' I've found that, well cleaned out, properly lubed and relaxed I don't have an ejection issue with a standard Progasm-- it was a matter of relaxation and training. However, I do like the smaller circular stem on the modified tool. (the stem on Vice is about as large as I'm easy with.) As I gain rectum strength with Progasm and become less dependent on anal contractions with it, I might 'circularize' the stem on the new, standard Progasm. ... all in a day's work :)

Pommie's suggestion sounds like a good way to go and it can tell you if you are about to do something that's foolhearty. OTOH, locations for material removal should be your call and not driven by the bubble locations. I found that the Black material was easy to blend and smooth. I found no significant voids in the structurally critical area of the stem ("base" in Aneros-speak). The few small voids in the body and head areas were easy to blend out with just the heat produced by the Dremel.

I think that Aneros did a good job designing the flow patterns for the Progasm molding process. The product is strong where strength counts and generally smooth and seam free where that's important.

Testing tip: there's a lot of 'fit testing' involved in this sort of mod and it's time consuming to polish out all the tool marks just to make a test run. You can save a lot of time and keep the rough surface relatively uncontaminated by using the condom-lube technique for each trial run. Buy thick, cheap condoms to cushion out the tool marks.

I seldom use the modified Progasm now; however, it's about to move 'front and center' and get outfitted as a bipolar probe for some baby steps in the world of e-stim.

Best of luck with your project. Remember that 'testing is fun.' And, get some great vibes from this.

blessings..